C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid question maybe...how do you close the hatch?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Toxicscream
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carpe dm
Coupes have the close/lock assist,) Lower the hatch gently, and then give it slight push downward; it does the rest. I love it.
Does the 2005 have this, cause if so mine must be broke. I put new rear hatch struts and it is very stiff to close, I have to slam mine. At least my hatch doesnt fall on my head any more.

Old 12-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

I take hold of the handle, apply a rapid downward force and the hatch closes. You know when the proper amount of force has been used when the rear suspension rebounds slightly and the blast of air that was forced from the interior disturbs trees hundreds of feed away. Well almost; I have developed a sense of what amount of downward force that is required and most of the time the auto pull down engages and latches the hatch. Occasionally I have to make another attempt.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:39 PM
DMS50
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2005 Coupe - I lower the hatch all the way down very gently, then press down SLOWLY in the center till the pull-down motor takes over. Always works as long as you press down SLOWLY. Keep the fingers clear!

Quick Reply: Stupid question maybe...how do you close the hatch?