C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More XM Radio fun

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Gaolei
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We all have a piece of paper saying we have XM Sirius radio for a year for free after purchase of a new Corvette. I would assume it is real, because it has been on every new Corvette sold in the past 2 or 3 years. However, nobody seems to have received this perk. It also seems that someone had to pay for this, possibly GM, or maybe they did a swap for free advertising. There had to be some kind of contract between the two companies, and it must have been violated by one or both parties.

Is this a potential class action law suit? Any lawyers with Corvettes here who can give us some advice? I suspect a good law suit would either straighten them out or destroy their company. I look at it as keeping them from screwing more customers. There is also a chance that someone else would buy their company at the fire sale, and they might treat people better.

If GM paid for this perk, then we may have paid for it as part of the car's price without knowing it. There is no such thing as a free lunch, so someone either paid or bartered for this perk. Can we get a rebate on the price we paid for our cars? Why doesn't GM do something to correct the problem?
Old 05-11-2013, 11:51 AM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Nina Blackwood needs to go.
I hate hearing her raspy old smokers voice. She too is out dated.[/QUOTE]

All the DJs really suck fire them all and automate.
I had a hard time switching the rest of my Sky subscription to my C6 as well. They made me wwait untill the 3 month trial was up.

As for credit card numbers I have one of mine set up to expire very year and get a new number when renewed. They will do it if you ask. As they are one year subscriptions they will do them no good a year later. Its the only card I use over the phone or online.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:33 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Lifetime years ago, and never have to deal with them.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:41 PM
RadarP3C
Race Director

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Going against the grain ...

I know you don't hear this often about XM, but I had a good experience with XM.

For the first 3 years, I had no problem getting the $79.00 discount offer. One time I did have to ask for a supervisor to get it. After the third year and up for renewal, I was preparing to go overseas. I called to say I would not be renewing because of going out of the country. I told him that XM had my credit info for the renewal process and I didn't want to be automatically charged. He said no problem. It has been about 3 years since I cancelled and nothing has come up on my credit card.

BTW, the reason I haven't gone back to XM is because I have the Bose system and the FM reception sounds better than XM.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:18 PM
crtaylor59
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

XM doesn't care....both my salesman and I sent XM our window sticker, and they stated they don't know anything about Chevrolet offering that. I called Chevrolet, and they couldn't help me either, said I had to call XM.......GM ought to just get rid of XM and do something else, like give you a 1yrs subscription to iTunes or something like that..........probably get it cheap with Apple for the advertising........
Old 05-11-2013, 10:38 PM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by crtaylor59
XM doesn't care....both my salesman and I sent XM our window sticker, and they stated they don't know anything about Chevrolet offering that. I called Chevrolet, and they couldn't help me either, said I had to call XM.......GM ought to just get rid of XM and do something else, like give you a 1yrs subscription to iTunes or something like that..........probably get it cheap with Apple for the advertising........
Use Pandora, or an ipod/iphone.

Quick Reply: More XM Radio fun