C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6L90 went crazy

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 03:20 AM
kj217
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 6L90 went crazy

it all started with tuning my 09 CTS-V A6 (6L90) as per tuning school guide,, the car firstly drove ok for the first hour,, wasn't crisp/harsh as expected,, actually it flared in 3-4 and slipped in kick down but i thought it was only learning,,
when i was back home from first drive i noticed tranny clunk/bang right after engine restarts,, so i took it for another short drive and found it flaring/diving severely in 2-3 and 3-4 shifts in all modes,,
then,, i reflashed tcm back to stock values but issues persisted,, disconnected the battery for the night but that also didn't work,,
i thought it needed more drive to learn since scanner fast learn failed on me,,
i drove the car for another 2 hours and flares went even worse,, it also started to flare severely in 4-5 and 5-6 as well,, it slips whenever i floor it,,
TUTD downshifts work ok,, all gears are functional and usable,, 1st and 2nd feels healthy but all others are not as rpm goes up and down rapidly while driving in any gear higher than 2nd,, no weird noises or odd smells,, D and R engage quick and firm,,

please,, help,,
Old 05-11-2013, 11:34 AM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by kj217
it all started with tuning my 09 CTS-V A6 (6L90) as per tuning school guide,, the car firstly drove ok for the first hour,, wasn't crisp/harsh as expected,, actually it flared in 3-4 and slipped in kick down but i thought it was only learning,,
when i was back home from first drive i noticed tranny clunk/bang right after engine restarts,, so i took it for another short drive and found it flaring/diving severely in 2-3 and 3-4 shifts in all modes,,
then,, i reflashed tcm back to stock values but issues persisted,, disconnected the battery for the night but that also didn't work,,
i thought it needed more drive to learn since scanner fast learn failed on me,,
i drove the car for another 2 hours and flares went even worse,, it also started to flare severely in 4-5 and 5-6 as well,, it slips whenever i floor it,,
TUTD downshifts work ok,, all gears are functional and usable,, 1st and 2nd feels healthy but all others are not as rpm goes up and down rapidly while driving in any gear higher than 2nd,, no weird noises or odd smells,, D and R engage quick and firm,,

please,, help,,
if you dont know what your doing dont f--k with it. get to a competent tuner as soon as possible.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:37 AM
SK360
Melting Slicks

Received 242 Likes on 147 Posts

Reset the adaptive and fast adaptive under VCM controls in the scanner and do a fast relearn procedure. See if that helps.

6Lx0 are finicky at best.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:44 PM
kj217
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the damage is done,,
what the best rebuild kit available for 6L90 that can handle a 700rwhp cts v?

Get notified of new replies

To 6L90 went crazy

Quick Reply: 6L90 went crazy