C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key Fob #1 or Key Fob #2

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 12:16 AM
JDOG
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Key Fob #1 or Key Fob #2

It's been almost a year since I sold my C5, and finally found my C6 dream car. A 2008 3LT Z51 Jetstream Blue coupe. However, I only received key fob #2, as the previous owner lost key fob #1. So, I'm trying to change the personal options on the DIC and I can't because it's giving me the "options unavailable" message. If I buy a new key fob how do I get it to key fob #1???? [/B]
Old 05-31-2013, 12:44 AM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

If it is saying unavailable, then your fob is programmed as #3 or #4. 1 and 2 are the ones that have options. You need to first get an extra fob before trying any programming, but after you have two...you will need to use the long procedure here:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...tructions.html

Read the instructions carefully and completely before you start. Also you should know that somewhere out there are at least two and possibly three fobs that will unlock and start your car...so it is important to get on this.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:51 AM
JDOG
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick reply...I will get on this right away!
Old 05-31-2013, 07:54 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by cclive
If it is saying unavailable, then your fob is programmed as #3 or #4. 1 and 2 are the ones that have options. You need to first get an extra fob before trying any programming, but after you have two...you will need to use the long procedure here:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...tructions.html

Read the instructions carefully and completely before you start. Also you should know that somewhere out there are at least two and possibly three fobs that will unlock and start your car...so it is important to get on this.
That pretty much covers it. The only thing I can add is that you must understand that you will be erasing the one good FOB so you need to make sure you understand how to get both reprogrammed. It isn't a complicated procedure. It just takes time and you have to follow the instructions completely.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:25 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

One more thing...you can get a fob from any C6 year...it does not have to be the newer one with the key inside it. As an extra, you can use the older style also. Personally, I like it better anyway, but electrically, they are all the same...you can just have an extra metal key like '05 thru '07. Those tend to be less expensive.

And Al, above, is absolutely right. The test of the glovebox slot is very important in your case. And in case we haven't clarified it, you absolutely must have a metal key that opens the trunk.

Last edited by cclive; 05-31-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:56 PM
Scott in IN
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

You can reprogram the #2 marked fob to the #1 fob by using the long process (waiting 3 times for 10 minutes). There is no internal difference between a 1 or 2 marked fob, the only difference is the case marking and the order that they are programed in the car.

Get notified of new replies

To Key Fob #1 or Key Fob #2

Quick Reply: Key Fob #1 or Key Fob #2