C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It Rained Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 08:18 PM
GEP
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It Rained Yesterday

It might sound like a weird topic but it brings to the fore my number 1 peeve with my C6 Vette , Rain . Let me explain when it rains or I use the wipers if my window is open , or even just cracked, I get a face full of water . When I try to get out of the car in the rain I'm drenched as soon as I open the door and my seat well is soaked . Now I love my C6 but this is enough to want make me want to more to somewhere it never rains . I lived in Western Washington which was "interesting". Now I live in Eastern Washington , a big improvement , in more ways than one . That's my rant . Thanks for listening .

GEP
Old 08-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Joe1968ny
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok I totally understand. My GS hasn't been in the rain since I bought it . Haven't washed it once!! As clean as the day it rolled off bowling greens line.

QUOTE=GEP;1584595970]It might sound like a weird topic but it brings to the fore my number 1 peeve with my C6 Vette , Rain . Let me explain when it rains or I use the wipers if my window is open , or even just cracked, I get a face full of water . When I try to get out of the car in the rain I'm drenched as soon as I open the door and my seat well is soaked . Now I love my C6 but this is enough to want make me want to more to somewhere it never rains . I lived in Western Washington which was "interesting". Now I live in Eastern Washington , a big improvement , in more ways than one . That's my rant . Thanks for listening .

GEP[/QUOTE]
Old 08-05-2013, 08:22 PM
GuyFromLeMans
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You're welcome.
With that said, do you typically drive with your window open when it rains?
Old 08-05-2013, 08:42 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by GEP
It might sound like a weird topic but it brings to the fore my number 1 peeve with my C6 Vette , Rain . Let me explain when it rains or I use the wipers if my window is open , or even just cracked, I get a face full of water . When I try to get out of the car in the rain I'm drenched as soon as I open the door and my seat well is soaked . Now I love my C6 but this is enough to want make me want to more to somewhere it never rains . I lived in Western Washington which was "interesting". Now I live in Eastern Washington , a big improvement , in more ways than one . That's my rant . Thanks for listening .

GEP
Yeah, that's on of my gripes too. And I assume you mean the window is barely cracked, not really open. And yes, it dumps water all over you when you open the door.

My C5 did that also. Was hoping they would have corrected it. I guess fixing it would require some ugly gutters above the windows though.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:21 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

That is one reason that I do not drive mine in the rain unless I am on a long trip and it is unavoidable.

That is one of the first things that I noticed, when your out in the rain and you have to open the door, the rain from the roof rolls right into the car and onto you and the edge of the seat.

There is no rain gutter to prevent that from happening. (I'm glad about that because it would ruin the lines if the car.)
Old 08-05-2013, 09:35 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

A few seamless gutters and downspouts installed and you'll be good to go . . . . horrible to look at, but dry as a prohibitionist
Old 08-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 196 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
A few seamless gutters and downspouts installed and you'll be good to go . . . . horrible to look at, but dry as a prohibitionist
Old 08-05-2013, 09:51 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Corvettes melt in the rain so why would you even take it out?
Call your insurance company to file a total loss claim.

It's just water, you'll be ok
Old 08-05-2013, 10:20 PM
noz34me
Pro

Haven't experienced it yet, but I'm sure I will. I'm also sure it won't make any difference. Didn't buy my '08 with that as a concern. It's good to know, as maybe I'll be prepared for it now- - - -
Old 08-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

...you can't get out until the rain stops...
Old 08-05-2013, 10:26 PM
Jimbo 89
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It rained here today.....and the day before....and the day before.....and the day before....oh yeah, it's the rainy season
Old 08-05-2013, 10:30 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbo 89
It rained here today.....and the day before....and the day before.....and the day before....oh yeah, it's the rainy season

Yes, but you forgot, then the sun came out . . . .then the sun came out . . .then the sun came out . . . . then the sun came out
Old 08-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Weham
Advanced

The last time it rained, I think I lost 5 hp permanently.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:00 PM
AimHigh
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbo 89
Same here, amazingly we're having a "monsoon" season this year!

Water never bothers me or my car but I guess that comes from 21 years of riding in leaky hummers while in the military. Soooo, the C6 is actually pretty good.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:35 PM
4thC4at60
Le Mans Master

Received 2,921 Likes on 1,302 Posts

LMAO..... I've driven my Corvettes thousands of miles in the rain.... even drive my Ferrari in the rain.... good grief, these are just cars... and a little water on you? Wow....
Old 08-05-2013, 11:43 PM
Outlaw7
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I would have an even greater problem if it rained because I never put the top[s] up. Someone asked me what colour the top was on the red 08, and I had to push the button to check since I had forgotten.

BTW, my Prius does the same thing if the side window is only cracked a half inch or so. Glad I quit smoking last year.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:51 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by GEP

GEP
I know just what you mean
Once it starts raining hard at all, you can't cracked the windows open even an inch before the water literally pours in with from off the roof and windshield.
And once it's stopped raining, you still need to let all the water blow off the car before opening the windows or all that water flows in
Not really a big deal and we just keep the windows closed now but was surprised the first time driving in the rain.

Get notified of new replies

To It Rained Yesterday

Old 08-06-2013, 05:49 AM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

That's right Mike. In fact, if ordered right now we'll throw in a large towel. Designed for cleaning up those runny mirror and tail light drips. So hurry and order now folks, this special won't last long at these super low prices .................................
Old 08-06-2013, 06:02 AM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

When it's raining outside I keep the windows up.

When you get out of a car in the rain the door gets wet inside.

This is a phenomenon that happens to any vehicle.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 155 Likes on 134 Posts

Yes, but you forgot, then the sun came out . . . .then the sun came out . . .then the sun came out . . . . then the sun came out
True! I live a little farther north than Jimbo 89, so I'm seeing the same tons of rain daily here. The strange thing is, I've never noticed water getting in the car from opening the door though. It'll probably happen to me today, we are due rain again.....

I don't crack the windows when driving, on any car that I've had, because every one of them has a lot of wind noise, so I have not seen water blowing in there either.

Quick Reply: It Rained Yesterday