C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do people taunt me?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 07:21 AM
Travelor
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Just as long as they don't tailgate you in the shower, just smile and wave.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:00 AM
veloz
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by RicemanZ06
People do it to me all the time. Some just wants you to gun it and see how fast it goes.
i think this is it...happens to me all the time...i watch them coming up in my rear view mirror, then they pull right next to me, then they roll their windows down and follow me for about a mile just to see it and hear it....of course i give them what they want...push clutch in and blip to 5K rpm, then they leave smiling and giving me thumbs up...its all good..
Old 12-31-2013, 08:20 AM
Granitehead53
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Larry R. Quinn
Driving a Corvette , comes with a lot of responsibility . Some people want to just look , some want to see if you will run them . They know the reputation of the ZO6 and other Corvettes . Fact is , you are driving an extremely fast car and there is no need to put yourself or others in danger by responding to their taunting . Don't let other people's stupidity dictate the way you drive . Enjoy driving your Corvette , it really is a privilege .
I could not agree more, well stated
Old 12-31-2013, 08:32 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by RicemanZ06
People do it to me all the time. Some just wants you to gun it and see how fast it goes.
people usually just want to see the car go!

I used to have some slow cars when I was younger and if I ever found an exotic or something I knew was quick I'd play next to it hoping it would bite so I can see it go.

I sometimes oblige these days some of them if conditions are right. I always look for an excuse to have a little extra fun
Old 12-31-2013, 08:36 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Life's tough...I hope the OP will make it.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:46 AM
Old Boot
Pro

Originally Posted by N2TU
Man, you are right on!...tailgating seems to be SOP...and I don't know why?...I can drive my pick up the same speed as my 'vette and no one tail gates...drive my 'vette and I see headlights right behind the spoiler...

Gotta be a reason!?
Are you for real? I mean your from Mooresville NC and ya dont know they are slip streaming you???????

Last edited by Old Boot; 12-31-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:54 AM
Old Boot
Pro

I was just thinking about this. The other side of the coin is ,if I am doing a little spirited driving on the Interstate people ahead of me tend to move over to let you pass. I don't get this with my other cars. Actually somtimes people move out of your way when you are just as happy to drive behind them on multi lanes, kindda feel obliged to pass them then LOL.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:10 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

I have a plain old straight body C6 and I have never been taunted in 6 years.

Guess it doesn't make the cut.

Anyway it wouldn't matter cause I pretty much ignore what's going on around me anyway, other than safe driving conditions.

I think if you're looking for it you have a better chance of finding it, usually anyway.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:35 AM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

let them taunt and laugh or "smashem"....or get smashed... a lot of fast cars on the road now a days...
Old 12-31-2013, 09:43 AM
JKbride
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 11 Posts
W. GA Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by Larry R. Quinn
Driving a Corvette , comes with a lot of responsibility . Some people want to just look , some want to see if you will run them . They know the reputation of the ZO6 and other Corvettes . Fact is , you are driving an extremely fast car and there is no need to put yourself or others in danger by responding to their taunting . Don't let other people's stupidity dictate the way you drive . Enjoy driving your Corvette , it really is a privilege .
This
Old 12-31-2013, 09:51 AM
08velocity
Drifting

Received 122 Likes on 89 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

funny thing is I have an 05 mustang Gt, and I get it in either car, but my wife and I still can't get over how peaple " try" you, and the glares we get from peaple is ridiculous !! if yoy don't like it, DON'T LOOK !!!
Old 12-31-2013, 09:53 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,937 Likes on 4,816 Posts

Some want a display of Corvette power and some want a short street race.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:01 AM
JKbride
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 11 Posts
W. GA Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15

.....and some have a lot more under the hood and want to put yet another Corvette under their belt.

In either case I'm not going to let someone goad me into a race or give them the satisfaction of waxing my A$$ with a sleeper.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:11 AM
vforrest
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tprice
Bought my C6 in May and noticed it right away, kind of got to me a little bit a first buy now I just wave and let them have their fun

Like ya'll not gonna risk a ticket or put myself or anyone else in danger

There you go acting like you're a "responsible full size grown-up"....you should see what some think you should do in the Street Racer thread that was started....

Last edited by vforrest; 12-31-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:11 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Japstar
my take is, if you drive a standard or POS car you have to drive fast everywhere to show people, but if you drive a car that's fast stock everyone knows what it's capable of already and there's no point trying to show it off.. they are using you as a benchmark so they can say "i beat a corvette the other day with my civic etc.."

it's like agreeing to box with a woman. even when you win, it proves nothing.
if YOU win.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:46 PM
Titan C6Z
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by vforrest
There you go acting like you're a "responsible full size grown-up"....you should see what some think you should do in the Road Racer thread that was started....
Not so much as acting like a full size grown up, but more of living and learning. Some of us have already gone the DUI route, then on fall asleep behind the wheel on the right lane only to wake up on the left side center divider real dukes of hazard like. Some watch n learn. Some experience and learn. Some need fines, jail or having to live with themselves for the rest of their lives after altering another persons life and their family. I was stupid enough to push my luck after the DUI and fall asleep after on a separate incident. That was more than enough of a life lesson to repeat or risk again. I don't feel like paying $xx,xxx's in fees and living with regret at this point in my life. I like to enjoy my weekend driver, travel domestically and internationally with my $. But that's just me.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:29 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I was at a light last night and up pulled a T-bird maybe early 90's n'd up big wheels and when the light changed OMG rubber and smoke for 1/8 mile, I just laughed, he wasn't worth the cost of my tires but I guess he liked my Vette. Ya have to understand everybody likes a Corvette.

Get notified of new replies

To Why do people taunt me?

Old 12-31-2013, 03:50 PM
Titan C6Z
Racer

Don't get me wrong, I love watching videos and hearing/reading about other people's stories. I can watch YouTube all day n enjoy that way. But to actually do that myself out there on the streets? I'll pass. I'm gonna save it for the track or strip next spring. It'll be my first time for both when I do. I'll lose, but I'm there for the personal experience not for the win. Yet... If I get hooked then I'm going back and getting in it to win it. I also do spirited driving on the streets in short bursts but only when I have a wide open area. I don't roll up on people or weave in between traffic or people. I did all that taunting and showboating when I was younger
Old 12-31-2013, 04:04 PM
vforrest
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default That took courage Wes...

Originally Posted by Titan C6Z
Not so much as acting like a full size grown up, but more of living and learning. Some of us have already gone the DUI route, then on fall asleep behind the wheel on the right lane only to wake up on the left side center divider real dukes of hazard like. Some watch n learn. Some experience and learn. Some need fines, jail or having to live with themselves for the rest of their lives after altering another persons life and their family. I was stupid enough to push my luck after the DUI and fall asleep after on a separate incident. That was more than enough of a life lesson to repeat or risk again. I don't feel like paying $xx,xxx's in fees and living with regret at this point in my life. I like to enjoy my weekend driver, travel domestically and internationally with my $. But that's just me.
...and now that I'm that 50 something old fart guy that doesn't like fun anymore I really appreciate your post... I have plenty of stories of foolish things done in a car and on a bike growing up too that I'm not proud of now. I would imagine we ALL here on CF have those type of life lessons we could share.

Some of the younger members that are on that Street Racers thread in Houston should read your post here. But then again...they wouldn't care to learn from what you went through and seem more than willing to jeopardize others on the public roadways for the sake of THEIR thrill.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:18 PM
Titan C6Z
Racer

They can all do what they want when they want. They can luck out stay incident free and tell us about it online or post it on YouTube. I'll watch or read and smile. Or they can pay for what they did with their $ or their loved ones $ and stay behind bars. We'll still watch n read about their stories but just in a different way. Through the 10:00 news or news articles but I won't be smiling.

But back to the subject. When I see a car I'm interested in or admire I get closer to get a better look. What I won't do is tailgate, run circles around their car with mine or stare at the owner n wait for eye contact to show them who's #1 with NOT my pointing finger.

Quick Reply: Why do people taunt me?