C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with experience on Cooper Zeon RS3-S tires for a GS?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 04:53 PM
waynelittle1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anyone with experience on Cooper Zeon RS3-S tires for a GS?

I see Cooper has came out with a brand new tire that is also significantly cheaper than I've seen for GS sizes...

Cooper Zeon RS3-S

http://www.treaddepot.com/group/zrs3...Fe9r7AodMzkA_A

$217 per for the rears; $185 for the fronts, via TreadDepot.com (not in stock now)...saw some good reviews and good press...was released late 2013...

This sounds like good news?
Old 05-05-2014, 05:06 PM
waynelittle1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Here's a pic from their site:
Attached Images  
Old 05-05-2014, 09:30 PM
waynelittle1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Old 05-06-2014, 06:37 AM
glenB
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09 & '12, '14

I haven't used that tire, but Cooper overall is a good cheap tire, but not a great or even a really good tire. I'd buy a Falken before I'd buy a Cooper.

I'm guessing the vette is strictly for the ego and therefore any tire will work.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Conv_GSDriver
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

At least it's good to see more manufacturers expanding their sizes to wide body vette sizes, hankook also released stock GS/Z06 sizes for their ventus line of tires. Nitto, michelin, goodyear, keep them coming. May not be greattires, but for those DD, it's goodto have other options.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:51 AM
Redvette_22
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I'd still like to see an "All Season" tire made in the GS/ZO6 sizes, both run-flat and regular styles.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 155 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Red98C5
I'd still like to see an "All Season" tire made in the GS/ZO6 sizes, both run-flat and regular styles.
The closest to "all season" that I've found is the Bridgestone Potenza RF. The reason I say this is I've had mine on snowy WV roads, torrential downpours all over between WV and Florida, and they have very good, consistent, predictable traction (on my stock GS anyway).

They also stick like glue, from temps in the 20's to 100's (wet or dry), and I got around 30k out of my rears (with a lot of hard acceleration starts, but virtually no spinning), and may get 40k out of the fronts.

They are sooo predictable in "all season" daily driving handling, I'm going in for my 2nd set, and just put new rears on about a month ago.

Having said that, I will continue to see how others like the brands/styles that they pick, and it is great that more tire manufacturers are realizing that they can make money selling our size tires.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Richard Ames
Drifting

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

Had Coopers on two other vehicles and the ride and handling could have been better but it is a good tire for average service.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:29 PM
waynelittle1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Seadawg
The closest to "all season" that I've found is the Bridgestone Potenza RF. The reason I say this is I've had mine on snowy WV roads, torrential downpours all over between WV and Florida, and they have very good, consistent, predictable traction (on my stock GS anyway).

They also stick like glue, from temps in the 20's to 100's (wet or dry), and I got around 30k out of my rears (with a lot of hard acceleration starts, but virtually no spinning), and may get 40k out of the fronts.

They are sooo predictable in "all season" daily driving handling, I'm going in for my 2nd set, and just put new rears on about a month ago.

Having said that, I will continue to see how others like the brands/styles that they pick, and it is great that more tire manufacturers are realizing that they can make money selling our size tires.
Good to know!

My GS was my DD for a year...now due to a company vehicle, it's more of a once a weekend

So, I won't be wearing out tires as fast...
Old 05-06-2014, 05:30 PM
waynelittle1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Red98C5
Amen, brother...ridiculous...it's all due to the 325 rears....we can find the fronts..
Old 05-06-2014, 05:46 PM
ButWhatDoIKnow
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by glenB
I'm guessing the vette is strictly for the ego and therefore any tire will work.
?
Old 06-12-2014, 12:37 PM
HumanWiki
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Originally Posted by glenB
I haven't used that tire, but Cooper overall is a good cheap tire, but not a great or even a really good tire. I'd buy a Falken before I'd buy a Cooper.

I've run mine at Road America and at Great Lakes Drag. Just like I did with my 660HP blown 6th Gen.

Also, considering how generally looked down upon the GY F1 SC EMT G1s are, the comment about Cooper w/ the follow up Ego comment just seem like Flame Bait.

Care to elaborate on your comments? I'm here on this thread looking to replace my tires and Cooper Zeon RS3s had been mentioned elsewhere.

Just because I don't want to sink 1400/set for tires doesn't mean my Corvette is strictly an ego possession. Though, if it is, then you can expand that notion to pretty much any means of conveyance that is beyond the most basic configuration required for the task. (Which is pretty much every car out there that's not base, base, base bargin bin basement car with no radio, manual everything, cloth everything, etc.)
Old 10-14-2014, 10:30 PM
thenorthwoods
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default copper Zeon RS3s tires

After going through 3 sets of tires in just under 10k miles I needed a cheaper choice for my daily drives and the once a month autocross. I had the first set replaced by Chevy because of the factory camber settings. The replaced run flat sets rears wore quickly and were replaced by the Michelin Pilot super sports. They were a great tire and the traction and ride were great. They too wore very quickly. I know that the once a month auto cross can be very tough on tires. With a quote of about $1600 for a new set of Michelin's I decided to check on other brands. I found the Cooper Zeon for a set of 4 for under $700 dollars! Yes they are a UHP and not a maximum performance. But the price was so good that even if I destroyed them in one season of driving and autocross they saved me huge money.
I am very impressed with the ride quality, very low or no road noise and good traction. They are not as soft of rubber compound as the Michelin but they have a traction rating of AA. The online reviews are very good and I agree with the articles. They have proved to be a very good alternative to the over priced big name brands. As a daily driver they are great. As an auto cross tire they are good and put me in 5th place last week out of 25 cars. Many of which had track dedicated tires or race slicks.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:47 PM
judson whitley
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just replace fronts today on 2010GS with michelim PS2 run flats got 36000 miles out od d last ones

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone with experience on Cooper Zeon RS3-S tires for a GS?

Quick Reply: Anyone with experience on Cooper Zeon RS3-S tires for a GS?