C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great dealer Service..They are not all bad

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 03:45 PM
Amicon
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Great dealer Service..They are not all bad

I had my 08 in for the low beam recall. As I often do with recalls, I try to give them some paid work as well.

Preparing the car to sell, in this case, I had them change all the fluids. Radiator,oil, Diff, Brake. ($570) The 16K mile 08 having original tries very much needed new shoes as well.

I don'r know anyone who goes to a dealer for tires. I Received a price from Costco for Michelin A/S ( no more runflats for me) for $1157 installed (no alignment) The dealer not only beat that price but included the PDAF Alignment I submitted.

I was surprised and glad as when I sell the car, it will show recent service and obviously new tires. So not all dealership service departments are bad. This particular dealership has someone who only works on Corvettes so there is a comfort level I get over taing it to an independent.

I am sure many of you know this but the tire change made the car ride like a Lincoln.Amazing difference.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:09 PM
hwk34400
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Amicon
I had my 08 in for the low beam recall. As I often do with recalls, I try to give them some paid work as well.

Preparing the car to sell, in this case, I had them change all the fluids. Radiator,oil, Diff, Brake. ($570) The 16K mile 08 having original tries very much needed new shoes as well.

I don'r know anyone who goes to a dealer for tires. I Received a price from Costco for Michelin A/S ( no more runflats for me) for $1157 installed (no alignment) The dealer not only beat that price but included the PDAF Alignment I submitted.

I was surprised and glad as when I sell the car, it will show recent service and obviously new tires. So not all dealership service departments are bad. This particular dealership has someone who only works on Corvettes so there is a comfort level I get over taing it to an independent.

I am sure many of you know this but the tire change made the car ride like a Lincoln.Amazing difference.
But you never named the dealer..at least a hint..what city?
Old 02-16-2015, 04:30 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Amicon

Always nice to hear of some one who is very pleased with his local dealer.
I envy you! Wish I had one I could trust.

One question,...why do you feel that you should give the dealer, "paid work as well."

Almost like you are feeling guilty that you're bringing your car in for a re-call, and the dealer isn't making enough money.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:34 PM
Entaille
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

yeah.. I don't understand the sentiment there. they are fixing a flaw with the car, it's an inconvenience to the customer if anything. they are compensated for labor involved.

you are a standup guy for getting the car in top notch condition for the next owner. most people neglect maintenance and trade in the car and avoid the cost themselves. I can't think of too many people that would drop nearly 2g's on a car just to prep it to sell. most would not spring for top of the line rubber for the 'next owner' either.. ha
Old 02-16-2015, 06:36 PM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 92 Posts

No dealer named. No town shown. No price given on the dealer vended tires. Bizarre attitude about feeling guilty after being sold a car with an inherent defect.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:05 PM
gary ss
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dryadsdad
No dealer named. No town shown. No price given on the dealer vended tires. Bizarre attitude about feeling guilty after being sold a car with an inherent defect.
Now that made me chuckle!
Old 02-16-2015, 10:58 PM
maryvillept
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will tell you Van Matre Cadillac in Cape Girardeau,MO has an excellent service department. They replaced 3 of my escalade chrome wheels due to the tiniest speck of chrome being bad in warranty. They've always taken good care of me and they have a loaner waiting for me all the time if i need it. When it warms up theyll be taking care of low beam issue.

Get notified of new replies

To Great dealer Service..They are not all bad

Quick Reply: Great dealer Service..They are not all bad