C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It is with great sadness....

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 06:17 PM
Aviator
Le Mans Master

Received 287 Likes on 127 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default It is with great sadness....

I said goodbye to my 2012 Carlisle Blue Grand Sport Coupe. As some may recall, I had serious cervical surgery recently (five disks removed and a fusion from C3 to T1) and it turns out post-op I can no longer drive the Vette. I have limited capability to turn and rotate my head and I simply can't drive the car safely any more. I am pleased to say the Vette has found a wonderful new home with a local gentleman who is a huge car buff and now finds himself in his first Corvette! I envy him!

I am going to re-learn how to drive with some of the newer technology and hopefully I will find myself back in a Vette in a year or two. I will always be lurking and ocassionally posting on the Forum, even witout my Vette - been on here for 15+ years and I am not going away! I will simply have to live the Corvette lifestyle vicariously through you, all lf my Corvette brothers and sisters.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:22 PM
Vette'nFender
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Aviator
I said goodbye to my 2012 Carlisle Blue Grand Sport Coupe. As some may recall, I had serious cervical surgery recently (five disks removed and a fusion from C3 to T1) and it turns out post-op I can no longer drive the Vette. I have limited capability to turn and rotate my head and I simply can't drive the car safely any more. I am pleased to say the Vette has found a wonderful new home with a local gentleman who is a huge car buff and now finds himself in his first Corvette! I envy him!

I am going to re-learn how to drive with some of the newer technology and hopefully I will find myself back in a Vette in a year or two. I will always be lurking and ocassionally posting on the Forum, even witout my Vette - been on here for 15+ years and I am not going away! I will simply have to live the Corvette lifestyle vicariously through you, all lf my Corvette brothers and sisters.

Good luck brother and hope to hear about you back in another Vette real soon.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:22 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Take care of yourself, and stay well.
If not a 'vette, I'm certain you'll find another car that strikes your fancy, and will work well for you.

There's nothing stopping you from continuing to participate on the forums.
It's not like owning a Corvette is a prerequisite for membership, so stick around, and continue to enjoy.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:23 PM
the blur
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

It is not often you hear about someone going for a 5 level fusion. Were you in a car accident, or is it a compression injury?

I still can't believe this day & age, they haven't come out with multi level artificial discs.

I'm assuming you were in pain, or loosing neuro function to commit to a 5 level fusion. Sorry to hear about that.............
Old 02-20-2015, 06:25 PM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 196 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Sorry to hear about having the surgery and also having to sell the Vette. I wish you nothing but speed and success with your recovery and hopefully you'll be back in a Vette before you know it. Godspeed my friend.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:42 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,486 Likes on 1,948 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

All the above good wishes, and my own, to you. Stay healthy, recover soon, and keep on being a part of CorvetteForum!
Old 02-20-2015, 06:46 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,658 Likes on 2,361 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Keep the faith, my brother, and stay in touch through the forum. You will drive again!
Old 02-20-2015, 06:49 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 708 Posts

Here's to a speedy recovery

Hopefully you regain a good portion of your mobility again and can get that new Corvette down the road. Hope to see you stay active on the forum.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:27 PM
Aviator
Le Mans Master

Received 287 Likes on 127 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by the blur
It is not often you hear about someone going for a 5 level fusion. Were you in a car accident, or is it a compression injury?

I still can't believe this day & age, they haven't come out with multi level artificial discs.

I'm assuming you were in pain, or loosing neuro function to commit to a 5 level fusion. Sorry to hear about that.............
Yup, a bad rear end car accident - 30 years ago! Essentially everything in my neck just wore out over the last three decades. I was in terrible pain, had about a 30% deficit on my left side, and my disks were so herniated I was a small accident away from risking paralysis. Pretty much a worst case scenario requiring a radical solution. I also have a five inch titanium plate with 12 screws holding it all together. I could have bought two new Vettes for the cost of the surgery! I am doing really well recovery-wise though and am back to work and traveling.

Many thanks to all for the good wishes!

Can I still wave to other Vette drivers?

Old 02-20-2015, 07:29 PM
frankb
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

Hope your well soon
Old 02-20-2015, 07:46 PM
See5see6
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 131 Posts

Tough to face not being able to drive the Corvette and then selling it. I admire that you are facing this challenge head on. Work hard on your recovery and you WILL be back in a Corvette. Good luck to you!
Old 02-20-2015, 07:47 PM
NVR LAT
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow, sorry for what you've been through, and I also wish you the best in the upcoming years. I wish I knew you were selling your car. I've been feverishly looking for a Carlisle Blue Grand Sport Coupe for a little while now. There's some out there for sale, but, of course, nothing very close to me. Georgia is just a little ways down the road from me (compared to where the other ones are for sale), plus you just never know what you're getting in a "used car". At least buying from someone on the forum, I would feel much more "at ease".
Oh well, story of my life...again, good luck you, and I hope your back in a Corvette someday soon.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:49 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

I think there are plenty on this site that were previous owners. No need to leave. I hope you heal up soon and are able to gain back some motion.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:26 PM
Mikado463
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 450 Likes on 312 Posts

Good luck with recovery Aviator, hopefully a sweet C7 will be on the horizon for you ……..
Old 02-20-2015, 08:49 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Yup, a bad rear end car accident - 30 years ago! Essentially everything in my neck just wore out over the last three decades. I was in terrible pain, had about a 30% deficit on my left side, and my disks were so herniated I was a small accident away from risking paralysis. Pretty much a worst case scenario requiring a radical solution. I also have a five inch titanium plate with 12 screws holding it all together. I could have bought two new Vettes for the cost of the surgery! I am doing really well recovery-wise though and am back to work and traveling.

Many thanks to all for the good wishes!

Can I still wave to other Vette drivers?

I know exactly what your going thru and hope you feel fine very soon as I know you will. Three years ago I had C3,4,5,6 fused with screws and plates and I feel fine. I like you have limited movement of my head as it just doesn't move side to side very well anymore. Sometimes I have to move my whole body to see what's on either side of me but that was not going to make me get rid of my vette. Getting in and out is not a problem.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:53 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Good Luck with your recovery and stay involved here I know a vette will be in your future.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:57 PM
joec
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

Sorry to hear but glad you're on the road to recovery......

Get notified of new replies

To It is with great sadness....

Old 02-20-2015, 09:02 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Wish you the best.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:18 PM
C6z06man
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Good luck. Hope you start to feel better and get back in another Corvette!
Old 02-20-2015, 09:25 PM
blittle
Melting Slicks

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts

Most important thing is a recovery that allows you to enjoy life!!! There is a lot to that......and it may mean a powerful and appealing machine other than a Vette....so be it, just don't wait!!! Best to you.......

Quick Reply: It is with great sadness....