C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 04:33 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,970 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

....they are saying that if Bama wins tonight then there may be a split National Championship with UCF in the AP Poll because UCF is undefeated and beat Auburn who in turn beat Alabama....... I can go with that........ Roll UCF.....
Old 01-08-2018, 06:27 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,952 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

Originally Posted by Huskerman
....they are saying that if Bama wins tonight then there may be a split National Championship with UCF in the AP Poll because UCF is undefeated and beat Auburn who in turn beat Alabama....... I can go with that........ Roll UCF.....
H1 you think any of the GS'ers may be awake for opening kick-off................. thought it started about 8:00PM........

rumor has it there has been a lot of griping out there in central states................ first no Nebraska bowl game........ then the Chiefs get rolled by the Titans when Marcus Mariota throws himself a TD pass.............

and now with the wind shifted out of the west again............. seems to be a lot of smoke from California and Colorado possibly clouding your train of thought............

baser boys saved our bottle and can return money and decided to get you some entertainment for the GS'er lounge...............

hopefully it will brighten your day, as it seems to be the type of music typically heard out there in them parts...............
or so we were told................

Old 01-08-2018, 07:00 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 324 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Game starts at 5pm out here in the Wild West Football's almost over, thinking about a Cruise next Spring already, anybody else.

Here's a funny one, Brits are a little harsh but still funny. 3 parts, just follow on to the next one if your interested...Hoxxy could probably fill in on the Bonneville Salt flats.. Would be more fun with some Baser's and a few GS'ers Sure sounds(reminds me) like a few people here I won't mention....just saying

Last edited by NOWUCME; 01-08-2018 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:42 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by NOWUCME
Game starts at 5pm out here in the Wild West Football's almost over, thinking about a Cruise next Spring already, anybody else.
Cruise, as with the car.................. or on a big boat???????

never been on a "boat cruise vacation"............

don't know how I would like/feel being cooped up on a ship while it travels from port to port.................

for me, it is more about the destination, than how you get there.....
Old 01-08-2018, 08:10 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by rkj427
Cruise, as with the car.................. or on a big boat???????

never been on a "boat cruise vacation"............

don't know how I would like/feel being cooped up on a ship while it travels from port to port.................

for me, it is more about the destination, than how you get there.....
Yea Right, a boat cruise with a Corvette just waiting to get out of the Garage......

Been waiting for someone to use this on........

Old 01-08-2018, 08:20 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Old 01-08-2018, 09:04 PM
corvette312
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH

A woman from Los Angeles who was a tree hugging, liberal Democrat and an anti-hunter purchased a piece of timberland near Colville, WA . There was a large tree on one of the highest points in the tract. She wanted a good view of the natural splendor of her land so she started to climb the big tree.

As she neared the top she encountered a spotted owl that attacked her. In her haste to escape, the woman slid down the tree to the ground and got many splinters in her crotch.

In considerable pain, she hurried to a local ER to see a doctor. She told him she was an environmentalist, a Democrat, and an anti-hunter and how she came to get all the splinters. The doctor listened to her story with great patience and then told her to go wait in the examining room and he would see if he could help her.

She sat and waited three hours before the doctor re-appeared.The angry woman demanded, "What took you so long?"

He smiled and then told her, "Well, I had to get permits from the Environmental Protection Agency, the Forest Service, and the Bureau of Land Management before I could remove old-growth timber from a 'recreational area' so close to a Waste Treatment Facility.

And I'm sorry, but due to Obama-Care they turned you down.

I love it !!!!
Old 01-08-2018, 10:56 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,350 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by rkj427
Cruise, as with the car...or on a big boat???????
Made 2 "big boat" cruises...Alameda to Subic Bay.

August 11-17th...Bonneville Speed Week. Good cruise destination...
Old 01-08-2018, 10:58 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Alabama Crimson Tide 46 - 65 Georgia Bulldogs

Didn't watch the game but what a score...
Old 01-08-2018, 11:29 PM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 195 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by NOWUCME
Hey thanks for the information Mike. Yes, we were thinking about taking a look in Peoria, think that's where Hoxxy is located. Will take a look at your area too. Three car garages are nice but probably won't need one down there. Probably depends on what we do with the house up here, thinking about looking into a condo or even a nice MH to spend the summers in up here when and if we actually make a move.

A lot to consider right now, finishing off the basement to add 2 bedrooms and a bath right now. The wife has a great job and a couple more years till retirement so just doing some planning.

My daughter lives in Bellevue just off Bellevue Way in the woods west off 30th and just East of Clyde Hill, if I got that right.
It IS a lot to consider. There was no single factor other than maximum flexibility for future plans, and in Arizona, the cars need protection. Even the garages are air conditioned.

The condo is in the Lake Hills area, around 140th and Main. Nothing special by any means, close to downtown Bellevue and the airport, convenient to 405 and 90. Should be easy to rent should we decide to.

With prices rising everywhere we decided to buy now even though we have a couple of years of work remaining.

PM me for email if I can be of any help.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:50 AM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mikeCsix
It IS a lot to consider. There was no single factor other than maximum flexibility for future plans, and in Arizona, the cars need protection. Even the garages are air conditioned.

The condo is in the Lake Hills area, around 140th and Main. Nothing special by any means, close to downtown Bellevue and the airport, convenient to 405 and 90. Should be easy to rent should we decide to.

With prices rising everywhere we decided to buy now even though we have a couple of years of work remaining. PM me for email if I can be of any help.
Sounds like you made 3 good decisions. Prices were down not to long ago in the Phoenix area, rates were low, and real estate in the Seattle area is going nuts now. They say it's becoming the next San Francisco for real estate. Should be great if you decide to sell the condo.

Thanks for the tip on the area and garage too. I spent some time down there with relatives a quite a few years back but had a hard time getting the wife interested till lately. Things worked out so we are going to take a couple days and look around now. Looks like a lot of building going on in Surprise. I was curious if it's mostly HOA's and what the fees are around there. I'll get back to you if we have any questions. Not heading down there till early March.

Last edited by NOWUCME; 01-09-2018 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:46 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

damn you Nick Saban............................

congrats. to Alabama...................
exciting finish to pull out the victory......................
Old 01-09-2018, 09:56 AM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Hell last year at this time that Bama QB was in high school....... that last pass in OT was a thing of beauty...... I hate Bama but they played a heck of a game last night......

actually almost kinda warm here today....... I will need to be selling stuff to farmers..... this is the part of winter I hate.....college football is over....pro ball is on the wane......and it seems like a long time till catchers and pitchers report........ its the guts of winter......

so we should have the guts of winter sale........we found some old Buckhorn under a tarp out in the alley...... so buy a shot of Pappys for 10 bucks and get a six of Buck for free....... come on basers that's a hell of a deal.........

Keep moving forward mates.......
Old 01-09-2018, 06:02 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Cold Canadian Winter................

Late last fall, the Indians on the Aamjiwnaang First Nation reservation in Grand Bend asked their new chief if the coming winter was going to be cold or mild.

Since he was a chief in a modern society, he had never been taught the old secrets. When he looked at the sky, he couldn’t tell what the winter was going to be like.

Nevertheless, to be on the safe side, he told his tribe that the winter was indeed going to be cold and that the members of the village should collect firewood to be prepared.

But, being a practical leader, after several days, he got an idea. He went to the phone booth, called the Environmental Canada Weather Service and asked, “Is the coming winter going to be cold?”

“It looks like this winter is going to be quite cold,” the meteorologist at the weather service responded.

So the chief went back to his people and told them to collect even more firewood in order to be prepared.
A week later, he called the Environment Canada Weather Service again. “Does it still look like it is going to be a very cold winter?”

‘Yes,’ the man at Weather Service again replied, ‘it’s going to be a very cold winter.”

The chief again went back to his people and ordered them to collect every scrap of firewood they could find.

Two weeks later, the chief called the Environment Canada Weather Service again. “Are you absolutely sure that the winter is going to be very cold?”

“Absolutely,” the man replied. “It’s looking more and more like it is going to be one of the coldest winters we’ve ever seen.”

“How can you be so sure?” the chief asked.

The weatherman replied, “The Indians are collecting a crapload of firewood.”

or how about this........................... a computer question.....

Old 01-09-2018, 11:19 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Kinda quiet here tonight. Some of the Basers having a party downstairs. Listening to a little music, putting down a few just relaxing. Everyone at the GS'ers bar must have got stewed tonight kinda quiet up there...

Couple of good ones....

Good.....

Better....

Last edited by NOWUCME; 01-09-2018 at 11:26 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:43 AM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

nice way to start the day with some surfing music.........thanks Cme............ I think I may head for the warm climes and become a surfer.......always wanted to be that........since the days of the Beach Boys........ never to late right?

I could hang out with nice girls like this........ I could be a father figure to them.....

Old 01-10-2018, 12:21 PM
dshamrick
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 147 Posts

I could hang out with nice girls like this........ I could be a father figure to them.....

https://youtu.be/9c-Hqe0768A
Talk about Narrow Bodies H1 you don't qualify

I'm working on getting my life guard certification. What beach was that at so I can apply for a job

Get notified of new replies

To Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Old 01-10-2018, 02:25 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

nice way to start the day with some surfing music.........thanks Cme............ I think I may head for the warm climes and become a surfer.......always wanted to be that........since the days of the Beach Boys........ never to late right?

Well H1 just load up on Gold chains and maybe take a dog with you..I hear the ladies are a sucker for a guy with a dog, , and the Gold chains too... Might be a good idea to take Roxxy with you. He has good taste in Speedo's I hear

This guy Poopies' gives me a vision of you and your first Adventure..never to late. Poopies the guy in the red.............Roxxy is trying to give him a few pointers....You might want to stick with that head barrel thing at the end, looks like fun...Just Saying...If you show up at the GS'ers bar with a few of the Girsl we'll know it worked for you....

Last edited by NOWUCME; 01-10-2018 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:34 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

being a resourceful baser, when you live in a northern Midwest state and God gives you lemons for weather in the winter.............

we learned how to make lemonade................

don't know any of the wide body boys besides Torchy willing to do this..............

suppose you want the baser girls to call you "Daddy" now H1..........

Last edited by rkj427; 01-10-2018 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:25 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Holy crappola, it was windy last night. It was so windy it blew the wi-fi signal 4 houses down the street. It was so windy the toilet had white caps. It was so windy it blew the feathers off the birds. Damn.
And cold...a freezing 59°! And that's not even the low!!! Only sposed to be 67° tmorro but back to a mild 75° by Friday.
The B-J Auction starts Saturday. Syill time to get your tickest to the Craig Jackson Box...STARTING at $7499 per person. It says "With this VIP package, you can become one of these privileged individuals." Hrmph...as a GSer I already AM privileged.

Quick Reply: Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill