C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lifting Your Vette

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 04:34 AM
Tennis_pr0
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Takes me 5 minutes to jack the entire car up. You can jack up on the support member going from control arm to control arm to life the front or back end up one at a time. I use a block of wood to spread the load. Then I just place the jack stands at the factory jack points. Once one side is up on the air, I do the other, same exact way. You can also put the jack stands at the ends of beam right under the control arm. The only thing I have to do is drive the front end up on a little block of wood to get clearance to get the jack under there.
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
Allen_B (01-29-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 09:25 PM
berk4422
Drifting

Received 100 Likes on 50 Posts

My garage is a bit small and it's tough to maneuver floor jacks, especially with close-in walls. Whenever I need to lift the vette, it's a production which involves getting a ladder to get my jack stands from the loft, 3 jacks (1 to lift the passenger side front to get the front high enough to get a 2nd jack under my splitter to the front cross member, 3rd jack under the rear cross member) and then running around the car to lift it evenly, then place the jack stands... What a royal PITA. 25 minutes of this then I'm tired...

I received my BL3500 on Monday. I unpacked it and it was missing parts. I called quick jack and they sent the missing parts overnight. Their customer service was outstanding. Missing parts came in as planned, put it together and Bammm! Got the car lifted. Place my 4 puck in, moved the jacks under the car and positioned them, pressed the up button. Works perfect, very happy. Clean-up just as easy, pressed the down button, pulled the jacks out, pulled my pucks... Oh, life is good!!!

Last edited by berk4422; 01-28-2016 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:29 PM
Bat66
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I went this route.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:45 PM
Yaupon
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Bat66

I went this route.
Awesome! Frugal, yet very stable and safe. I love simple, yet effective solutions.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:31 PM
Cor430vette
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts

I do everything on my vette, I never go to Chevrolet for anything. Stop jacking up the car, buy some race ramps you can do everything except for work where you have to remove the tires. Takes two seconds to drive up on them....everything else is more dangerous and takes more time.

http://www.raceramps.com/

They have a ton of different levels etc. even for you low rider vettes.

Last edited by Cor430vette; 01-28-2016 at 11:35 PM.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:16 AM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

In addition to the standard Race Ramps models, Reverse Logic offers several extended length service ramps and trailer ramps. Our most popular Race Ramps model is RLL-80-2. This ramp features a cradle top platform and an invertible incline section that can be used as a trailer ramp.

You can use the service and trailer ramp calculators available at this link to select a ramp model that provides the car-to-ramp clearance you want.

http://www.reverselogic.us/race-ramps.html

Originally Posted by Cor430vette
....They have a ton of different levels etc. even for you low rider vettes.

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 01-29-2016 at 08:16 AM.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:29 AM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 983 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by Tennis_pr0
Takes me 5 minutes to jack the entire car up. You can jack up on the support member going from control arm to control arm to life the front or back end up one at a time. I use a block of wood to spread the load. Then I just place the jack stands at the factory jack points. Once one side is up on the air, I do the other, same exact way. You can also put the jack stands at the ends of beam right under the control arm. The only thing I have to do is drive the front end up on a little block of wood to get clearance to get the jack under there.
How did the wheels turn out ?????????
NSF

Quick Reply: Lifting Your Vette