C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo intune I2

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 05:02 PM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,745 Likes on 3,021 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Default Diablo intune I2

Has anyone used this product on their C6? I realize that it is a generic tune, but what kind of hp/tq gains can be expected? I checked out their website & I see the features that this device offers, but I see no hp/tq numbers listed, thanks
Old 07-23-2016, 06:40 PM
biker1059
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

I bought mine from 06montess on the forum. You can buy what ever diablo unit you want and he gives a discount on his tunes. Really woke my car up. Here's a thread with his info

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...e.html:thumbs:
Old 07-23-2016, 07:24 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,277 Likes on 1,655 Posts

I used it , first loaded the 93 octane tune , then when I added my headers hi flow cats and CAI I had DiabloLew send me a custom tune . It will read codes , modify parameters such as fan speed , shift points for autos and many many more , you can also read and clear codes and data log ... and view the log to what's going on under the hood

I have seen some claims of 20 hp on a ZO6 , it's not the HP gain that makes it great it's the driviblity gain

93 octane tune and firm trans shift when my car was stock really woke it up
I love mine ...

Dave

Last edited by Dcasole; 07-23-2016 at 07:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
dmk0210 (07-24-2016)
Old 07-24-2016, 08:31 AM
dmk0210
Burning Brakes

Received 130 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Dcasole
... it's not the HP gain that makes it great it's the driviblity gain

Searching around the forum, I see a lot of guys with autos comment that it really improved the set of the pants feel. I guess it gives you sort of an electronic "shift kit".

Does it give you much of a "seat of the pants" improvement in the manual trans cars?
Old 07-24-2016, 08:37 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Yep , everything is now controlled by electronics that we can modify , old days would have had to change valve body and change spring pressures to alter a shift. Now we push a button on a itouch like device.

Can't comment on the feel in a M6 since I have a A6 . I loaded both tunes at once and was impressed , was it the ECM tune , was it the TCM tune or was it a combination of both ??

Dave
Old 07-24-2016, 09:59 AM
dadsbadhabit
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

If you are considering an intune2 you might as well spend the extra $110.00 and purchase the package deal directly from diablewtune.
That way you can try the canned tune, then have him do a custom tune for you and save a few bucks. Read up on it here- http://www.diablewtune.com/
BTW this is 06montess

I'm in the middle of doing a few bolt ons and tuning right now. I plan on doing the data logging tomorrow and hopefully have the new tune in by Wed.
dmk0210 (07-24-2016)
Old 07-24-2016, 10:49 AM
dmk0210
Burning Brakes

Since I run 93 octane exclusively, I was thinking about getting the Diablew Tune for now. I plan to get headers later, but was wondering if just a tune by itself was worth it, especially with a manual trans.

One thing that's dissapointed me about the LS3 is lack of throttle response. I've been away from V8s for a long while and realize that there's a lot more reciprocating mass to get moving, but when I go back and forth between my WRX and Corvette, the tuned Boxer 4cyl is so much more responsive. That surprised me since I'm comparing an NA car to a turbo. I have the Vitesse Throttle controller on the vette but it doesn't really solve the problem, it just makes it twitchy. It seems very much the bandaid fix.

I'm hoping a tune might make the LS3 seem more responsive off part throttle.

Last edited by dmk0210; 07-24-2016 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:19 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Do u have a M6 or an A6 ?
Old 07-24-2016, 12:23 PM
09_BSM_Z51
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

With the DS, on the manual cars, there is a tiny bit of power unlocked but most of the performance enhancement comes from the loosening of torque management. You might not gain more than 5hp but you do gain drivability and a little response.

The DS is a good tool for bolt ons and maximizing what is on the car, but not the end all. More of a bandaid until it's time to get a real dyno session. That said, I've been pleased with my diablosport but not blown away by it.

DMK, yes the ls3 response is not very good. Bolt ons will help this. Headers and CAI have helped tremendously but a little ways to go. I think gearing also has a huge role in the lack of response. 3.73/3.90/4.11's would be a good option. Lots of owners of ls2/3 cars have very positive things to say about swapping rear gears. I'm going to keep modifying mine and playing with bolt on's and bolt in's to get it where I want it. I'll keep updating on the forum when I start my next round of mods.
dmk0210 (07-24-2016)
Old 07-24-2016, 12:44 PM
dmk0210
Burning Brakes

Do u have a M6 or an A6 ?
I have a three pedal car.

Originally Posted by 09_BSM_Z51
With the DS, on the manual cars, there is a tiny bit of power unlocked but most of the performance enhancement comes from the loosening of torque management. You might not gain more than 5hp but you do gain drivability and a little response.

The DS is a good tool for bolt ons and maximizing what is on the car, but not the end all. More of a bandaid until it's time to get a real dyno session. That said, I've been pleased with my diablosport but not blown away by it.

DMK, yes the ls3 response is not very good. Bolt ons will help this. Headers and CAI have helped tremendously but a little ways to go. I think gearing also has a huge role in the lack of response. 3.73/3.90/4.11's would be a good option. Lots of owners of ls2/3 cars have very positive things to say about swapping rear gears. I'm going to keep modifying mine and playing with bolt on's and bolt in's to get it where I want it. I'll keep updating on the forum when I start my next round of mods.
You're actually reinforcing my long term goals: 3.73 or 3.90 gears, long tube headers, probably a Halltech Beehive, maybe a Vmax ported throttle body (on the fence with that last one), probably a cam after all that. None of that's going to happen immediately though.

I guess it's all incremental no matter how you look at it. I suppose I need to talk with 06montess and get his advice. Right now I'm not looking for HP as much as response and feel. With factory turbo cars you can get a lot of "seat of the pants feel" out of just a tune on a stock engine, but I don't expect that much on a NA car.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:15 PM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

Received 529 Likes on 357 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

I used it , first loaded the 93 octane tune , then when I added my headers hi flow cats and CAI I had DiabloLew send me a custom tune . It will read codes , modify parameters such as fan speed , shift points for autos and many many more , you can also read and clear codes and data log ... and view the log to what's going on under the hood

I have seen some claims of 20 hp on a ZO6 , it's not the HP gain that makes it great it's the driviblity gain

I love mine ...

Dave
Just did same settings on my 2008 A6, am a happy camper
Old 04-23-2017, 11:34 AM
Midnight08
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by dmk0210
I have a three pedal car.

You're actually reinforcing my long term goals: 3.73 or 3.90 gears, long tube headers, probably a Halltech Beehive, maybe a Vmax ported throttle body (on the fence with that last one), probably a cam after all that. None of that's going to happen immediately though.

I guess it's all incremental no matter how you look at it. I suppose I need to talk with 06montess and get his advice. Right now I'm not looking for HP as much as response and feel. With factory turbo cars you can get a lot of "seat of the pants feel" out of just a tune on a stock engine, but I don't expect that much on a NA car.
I have a 2008 M6 rig. I went with a DS and working with Lew, also. I only have access to 91 octane fuel, but have started adding a bottle of Lucas Octane Booster to each tank (+30 points, or +3 octane). After a ton of research on CAI options, I was highly influenced by the solutions that Callaway and Lingenfelter went with, since most seem to pull from the engine compartment air, not really any difference from stock. At this point, I can tell you (from data log info) I get ambient air temps at intake, not the much warmer temps most people are reporting.

I recently added LT headers and we have done the first stage of tuning with these in place. Serious improvement. Even with traction control on, it is so much easier to spin tires now - even straight, need to be more careful than before in the lower gears especially. Will complete the next round of tuning, let the ECM adapt, then take in for dyno pulls. I did baseline pulls last fall, before additions, so I have that to compare to. Dyno isn't going to show CAI improvement, but driving it all works together. I've made some other changes that I think fit into the overall formula, so will be interesting to see how the testing unfolds.

From the seat of the pants, LT headers really make the power difference - will see what numbers suggest. Jury is out on the role of the DB. In truth, I've been a little disappointed with Lewis, as I feel I only get pasted in generic replies from him, so beyond assuming I'm actually getting the benefit of tunes specific to my car. If it was really trying to get every bit out, I would go a different route. I'm not, so living with the significant cost trade-off.
Old 04-23-2017, 01:03 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 736 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnight08
I have a 2008 M6 rig. I went with a DS and working with Lew, also. I only have access to 91 octane fuel, but have started adding a bottle of Lucas Octane Booster to each tank (+30 points, or +3 octane). After a ton of research on CAI options, I was highly influenced by the solutions that Callaway and Lingenfelter went with, since most seem to pull from the engine compartment air, not really any difference from stock. At this point, I can tell you (from data log info) I get ambient air temps at intake, not the much warmer temps most people are reporting.

I recently added LT headers and we have done the first stage of tuning with these in place. Serious improvement. Even with traction control on, it is so much easier to spin tires now - even straight, need to be more careful than before in the lower gears especially. Will complete the next round of tuning, let the ECM adapt, then take in for dyno pulls. I did baseline pulls last fall, before additions, so I have that to compare to. Dyno isn't going to show CAI improvement, but driving it all works together. I've made some other changes that I think fit into the overall formula, so will be interesting to see how the testing unfolds.

From the seat of the pants, LT headers really make the power difference - will see what numbers suggest. Jury is out on the role of the DB. In truth, I've been a little disappointed with Lewis, as I feel I only get pasted in generic replies from him, so beyond assuming I'm actually getting the benefit of tunes specific to my car. If it was really trying to get every bit out, I would go a different route. I'm not, so living with the significant cost trade-off.
The email tune is limited to data that is provided to the tuner. Data logs of fuel trims at cruise and some WOT logs for knock retard are part of email tune. However, a wide band would be needed for accurate A/F ratio at WOT. The D.S. tune will be close for the basic mods: air intake and headers and Lew will tweak it a little further. The car will feel more responsive, especially with torque management reduced or removed, along with cooler ECT's in city driving because of the fan duty cycle coming in sooner. Autos will benefit firmer shifts. To get 100% benefit from your headers a dyno tune would be needed, but like you said your "not trying to get every bit out". You should be fine.

Get notified of new replies

To Diablo intune I2

Quick Reply: Diablo intune I2