C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swapping Door Panels: Issues with wiring harness?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 10:14 PM
Guerc
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Swapping Door Panels: Issues with wiring harness?

Does anyone know if the electronic harness in the C6 door panel is the same across models? I want to swap out door panels.

I'm looking at adding leather to my door panels. There is a FleaBayer who sells just the leather, to install on your own. So I picked up a second set of door panels: My plan is to install the leather, then swap out the panels. My spare set have Bose w/ seat memory. My 2011 2LT car came with base stereo without seat memory.

Here's my question: Will the new door panels "plug and play" into my existing body harness? Or would the additional options on new panels cause incompatibility?

Thanks for the advice.
Old 12-29-2016, 08:24 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,667 Posts

Originally Posted by Guerc
Does anyone know if the electronic harness in the C6 door panel is the same across models? I want to swap out door panels.

I'm looking at adding leather to my door panels. There is a FleaBayer who sells just the leather, to install on your own. So I picked up a second set of door panels: My plan is to install the leather, then swap out the panels. My spare set have Bose w/ seat memory. My 2011 2LT car came with base stereo without seat memory.

Here's my question: Will the new door panels "plug and play" into my existing body harness? Or would the additional options on new panels cause incompatibility?

Thanks for the advice.
The door panels do not have the harness permanently attached to the door panel (s) The harness is part of the door wiring harness, so yes, it will be plug and play.

Good luck with the leather upgrade
Old 12-29-2016, 09:01 AM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,259 Likes on 920 Posts

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR
The door panels do not have the harness permanently attached to the door panel (s) The harness is part of the door wiring harness, so yes, it will be plug and play.

Good luck with the leather upgrade
Having changed several I have found they are all the same.

Get notified of new replies

To Swapping Door Panels: Issues with wiring harness?

Quick Reply: Swapping Door Panels: Issues with wiring harness?