C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Build Sheet

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 08:32 PM
rootine4
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

Default C6 Build Sheet

I just received my reproduction window sticker and build sheet from the NCM this afternoon. Does anyone know how to decode the build sheet? I have the VIN and Option Codes figured out but I am stumped by Canada being listed in the top right corner? Also, my car has NPP exhaust but it doesn't show up on build sheet. It is listed among the options, however. Lastly, the car has cyber gray headlamp bezels. Anyone know what color the standard bezel is?
Old 01-16-2017, 08:44 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Standard headlamp bezels are body color. They cyber gray was an option.

There is more than one Build Sheet per car. You didn't say what year your car is but usually the sheet sold by the Museum is the main one that should list NPP.

Here is one example, see the *NPP* near the bottom, center:

The following users liked this post:
rootine4 (01-17-2017)
Old 01-16-2017, 08:48 PM
MH663
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 77 Posts

Are you the original owner of the car? You didn't post a picture of the sheet for assistance either. Kind of hard to help with the info provided.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:20 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

If you are not the original owner, then there could be add ons for sure.
Does the build sheet show each option that the car has on it?
The Canada on the top right hand corner should mean that it was built to be Exported to Canada
Is your speedometer 0-300?
You need to get a GM VIS report to show you the original option list.
Compnine.com also has that info.

Last edited by 4SUMERZ; 01-16-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:02 AM
rootine4
Instructor

Originally Posted by RicK T
Standard headlamp bezels are body color. They cyber gray was an option.

There is more than one Build Sheet per car. You didn't say what year your car is but usually the sheet sold by the Museum is the main one that should list NPP.

Here is one example, see the *NPP* near the bottom, center:

Thanks for your help. I tried to find build sheet images on-line last night. My car is 2013, what year is yours? Our build sheets are not identical in layout. I didn't order my paperwork laminated as I have a laminator at work, so I will check on that location for NPP when I laminate later this morning. Can't wait for spring!!!
Old 01-17-2017, 10:04 AM
rootine4
Instructor

Originally Posted by MH663
Are you the original owner of the car? You didn't post a picture of the sheet for assistance either. Kind of hard to help with the info provided.
I am not the original owner. I didn't order the paperwork with lamination, so I am trying not to touch it until after I laminate it at work today. Will post the picture soon.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:08 AM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,083 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Speaking of build sheets ...

I have a 2011 GS I bought new from MacMulkin. I have the original window sticker, but not the build sheet.

Where are the build sheets normally found on a these cars? .... hidden somewhere?
Old 01-17-2017, 10:11 AM
rootine4
Instructor

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR
If you are not the original owner, then there could be add ons for sure.
Does the build sheet show each option that the car has on it?
The Canada on the top right hand corner should mean that it was built to be Exported to Canada
Is your speedometer 0-300?
You need to get a GM VIS report to show you the original option list.
Compnine.com also has that info.
So perhaps the dealer, Paul Masse Chevrolet in Rhode Island, may have installed the NPP? The window sticker lists it for sure. I wish I could look at the speedometer but the dealer from whom I purchased the car is storing it for me in a different city. Can't wait for spring!!

The car's description is in my signature. It isn't dual roof, tho. Just the CC3 transparent roof. Window sticker is nice to have!
Old 01-17-2017, 10:14 AM
rootine4
Instructor

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA

I have a 2011 GS I bought new from MacMulkin. I have the original window sticker, but not the build sheet.

Where are the build sheets normally found on a these cars? .... hidden somewhere?
I know that on the C3 the build sheet could be found under the spare tire or the gas tank (mine wasn't under the spare, tho). I got mine for my 2013 GS from the National Corvette Museum. They look awesome!
Old 01-17-2017, 10:27 AM
MH663
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rootine4
I am not the original owner. I didn't order the paperwork with lamination, so I am trying not to touch it until after I laminate it at work today. Will post the picture soon.
Yes, once you post a copy it will be a lot easier to help. It sounds like NPP was added, easy job for someone to do. Build sheets are accurate so anything that does not match would have been added by the previous owner(s).

For $5.00, have the BS laminated by the NCM if you ever need another one. Helps maintain the NCM and allows us to make that phone call for this type of help when needed.

You can also get the date the car came off the line if you call or email. The day the car was born as we like to call it.

Also, its too late now but the window sticker is a good thing to have as well. Can't order it by itself however. It's a good way to crosscheck the build sheet thou.

Waiting to see what you got.

Last edited by MH663; 01-17-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:55 PM
rootine4
Instructor

Yes, once you post a copy it will be a lot easier to help. It sounds like NPP was added, easy job for someone to do. Build sheets are accurate so anything that does not match would have been added by the previous owner(s).

For $5.00, have the BS laminated by the NCM if you ever need another one. Helps maintain the NCM and allows us to make that phone call for this type of help when needed.

You can also get the date the car came off the line if you call or email. The day the car was born as we like to call it.

Also, its too late now but the window sticker is a good thing to have as well. Can't order it by itself however. It's a good way to crosscheck the build sheet thou.

Waiting to see what you got.
I would like to know the car's birthday. I did order the windows sticker, too. Looks like the car must originally have been exported to Canada. I wasn't sure if the info. in the top right hand corner was standard text or if only exported cars had that box/text. By the way, you, sir, have pretty close to my dream car. I really wanted the 427 Grand Sport but couldn't afford it and got a really good deal on this car. Maybe some day yet . . . I would put the chrome ZR1 wheels on tho.
Attached Images   
Old 01-17-2017, 02:12 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,841 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA

Assuming they did the same as they did for the C5 since they're basically the same platform, you can find the build sheet inside the front cross-frame.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:31 PM
Elizabeth City Vette
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
Assuming they did the same as they did for the C5 since they're basically the same platform, you can find the build sheet inside the front cross-frame.
I believe they stopped putting the build sheet with the car starting with the C6.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:34 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,841 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by Elizabeth City Vette
I believe they stopped putting the build sheet with the car starting with the C6.
Well now, that's just wrong. I was looking forward to digging mine out soon.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:17 PM
MH663
Burning Brakes

Yes, build sheets are no longer on the car. Rumor has it anyway...I have yet to find one on the C6.

Its weird the build sheet doesn't list the NPP. The NCM usually has a disclaimer stating they cannot guarentee the accuracy of the window stickers. I've had the originals and ordered from the NCM for comparison and they've been spot on. It's possible the dealer put it on but that's a stretch. The vacuum, controller, lines, etc would be a bear to install afterwards. I do believe there are two different floor board fuse blocks as well. One for NPP and one without. At least on the cars I've had with and without NPP.

Also, never, ever, ever call the 427 a GS, LOL. Others on the forum will string you up and flog you for such a statement. It's not a GS nor is it a Z06. I on the other hand don't care...lol. Just trying to help a brother out, lol!
Old 01-17-2017, 03:22 PM
MH663
Burning Brakes

Also, if someone is looking for a specific car...dealers will find one in another state and have it shipped for sale. My car was ordered in MI and purchased new in TN by the original owner. He wanted a triple black and asked them to find him one. I also know of a forum member that wanted a specific car in MI and they found his car in AR or MO. It was shipped to him brand new, never titled with 5 miles on the clock.

Last edited by MH663; 01-17-2017 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:56 PM
rootine4
Instructor

Its weird the build sheet doesn't list the NPP. The NCM usually has a disclaimer stating they cannot guarentee the accuracy of the window stickers. I've had the originals and ordered from the NCM for comparison and they've been spot on. It's possible the dealer put it on but that's a stretch. The vacuum, controller, lines, etc would be a bear to install afterwards. I do believe there are two different floor board fuse blocks as well. One for NPP and one without. At least on the cars I've had with and without NPP.

Also, never, ever, ever call the 427 a GS, LOL. Others on the forum will string you up and flog you for such a statement. It's not a GS nor is it a Z06. I on the other hand don't care...lol. Just trying to help a brother out, lol!
Ya, that is weird that the build sheet doesn't have NPP when the window sticker has it listed. My car also has chrome wheels not the black ones. I suppose that the previous owner could have changed those out. I emailed Paul Masse Chevrolet twice to find out how my car ended up in Saskatchewan but they did not reply. Maybe they could explain the discrepancy.

I immediately went to my sales brochure to check on the GS nomenclature and I am wrong! Just don't tell my wife, lol.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Build Sheet

Old 01-17-2017, 05:29 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,469 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

Ya, that is weird that the build sheet doesn't have NPP when the window sticker has it listed.
Just a FYI - my 427 Convertible also has NPP standard and it is not listed on my build sheet or window sticker either.... so it may have been part of a optional package on your GS???????

PM me if you want, and I can fill in the missing information you are looking for.........such as build date, delivery date, what dealer, etc.
The following users liked this post:
rootine4 (01-20-2017)
Old 01-17-2017, 06:58 PM
MH663
Burning Brakes

I immediately went to my sales brochure to check on the GS nomenclature and I am wrong! Just don't tell my wife, lol.
Tell her what, lol.

As far as the insurance co. are concerned it is a GS due to its steele frame. Internally @ GM it was concidered a "GS Conversion" due to the steel frame.

I've also had the ZR1 wheels before. They look great but the 20 spokes are a PIA to clean. The cup wheels just look mean and nasty...

Last edited by MH663; 01-17-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:55 PM
rootine4
Instructor

Tell her what, lol.

As far as the insurance co. are concerned it is a GS due to its steele frame. Internally @ GM it was concidered a "GS Conversion" due to the steel frame.

I've also had the ZR1 wheels before. They look great but the 20 spokes are a PIA to clean. The cup wheels just look mean and nasty...
Don't tell her I admitted I was wrong.

Quick Reply: C6 Build Sheet