C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Case for my new Tech 2 scanner..

Old 03-17-2017, 07:38 AM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

Default Case for my new Tech 2 scanner..

I just received my new Tech 2 scan tool a few days ago. There are quite a few people now ordering these scanners to do diagnostics on their 2005-2012 C6s, so I thought I would show you a product I found to store your new scanner. I ordered my scanner without their plastic storage case because their case looked pretty cheap and was an extra $35.00.. If any of you guys or gals have a Tech 2 scanner and need a case , I found one that fits the tool perfectly and is way better looking then the companys case.. I picked this one up at Harbor Freight for $24.95.. Included are both dividers for separating the items, and foam that can be cut to hold the scanner and wires... I used just the dividers because the fit was perfect. The inside of the case is also fully padded , so drops or bumps won't hurt the scanner, the outside is made of aluminum with reinforced corners...This is a great deal for the money ...WW
Attached Images   

Last edited by WW7; 11-08-2017 at 12:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by WW7:
Dcasole (03-17-2017), oemtech (03-17-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 08:05 AM
J.Moore
Burning Brakes

Received 223 Likes on 150 Posts

Good find, looks like it was made for it. The Tech II is my next purchase. I know there are tons of threads on the Tech II clone and I have read most of them, but tell us, are you happy with the tool and what all have you done with it on your Vette?

What vendor did you buy from if you don't mind telling?
Thanks in advance.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:11 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,799 Posts

Nice setup.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:21 AM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by J.Moore
Good find, looks like it was made for it. The Tech II is my next purchase. I know there are tons of threads on the Tech II clone and I have read most of them, but tell us, are you happy with the tool and what all have you done with it on your Vette?

Thanks in advance.
I only received it a few days ago so I haven't had much scan time with it so far.. I did hook it up to my car and make sure everything worked... I have used the GM Tech 2 made by Bosch and this seems to be every bit as well made as that unit... I paid $289.00 at a company called (chinacardiags ) ,it took about 10 days to receive the scanner , and it comes well packed and the packaging is pretty much crush proof... I got free shipping on mine, but it looks like they are charging shipping now but have dropped the price of the unit a few dollars..The nice thing about this site is you can use Paypal to pay for it instead of a charge card.......WW

Here's the site....
https://www.chinacardiags.com/wholes...l-package.html

Last edited by WW7; 03-17-2017 at 12:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Corvette505 (07-09-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 08:53 AM
J.Moore
Burning Brakes

Cool, thanks..
Old 03-17-2017, 09:17 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Thanks for the tip... looks like a road trip tommorow to Harbor Freight

Dave
Old 03-17-2017, 09:28 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

That's a very nice case for $25.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:58 AM
flyingjoey
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by J.Moore

Thanks in advance.
I bought one it's excellent .. clone
Old 07-16-2017, 07:03 PM
MLRS
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by WW7
I just received my new Tech 2 scan tool a few days ago. There are quite a few people now ordering these scanners to do diagnostics on there 2005-2012 C6s, so I thought I would show you a product I found to store your new scanner. I ordered my scanner without their plastic storage case because their case looked pretty cheap and was an extra $35.00.. If any of you guys or gals have a Tech 2 scanner and need a case , I found one that fits the tool perfectly and is way better looking then the companys case.. I picked this one up at Harbor Freight for $24.95.. Included are both dividers for separating the items, and foam that can be cut to hold the scanner and wires... I used just the dividers because the fit was perfect. The inside of the case is also fully padded , so drops or bumps won't hurt the scanner, the outside is made of aluminum with reinforced corners...This is a great deal for the money ...WW
Nice case and look heavy duty, I need to get one do you remember the link or item number from HF? Thanks
Old 07-16-2017, 07:58 PM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by MLRS
Nice case and look heavy duty, I need to get one do you remember the link or item number from HF? Thanks
Can't remember any numbers ,but if you go in the store they only sell three different cases so it's easy to find...WW
Old 07-16-2017, 08:38 PM
J.Moore
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by WW7
Can't remember any numbers ,but if you go in the store they only sell three different cases so it's easy to find...WW
It's this one... the black one.

https://www.harborfreight.com/18-in-...ase-62271.html

I got the same one for my Tech2 from WW7's original post.
They have been raising the price a couple dollars at a time now. Find an online coupon for 20% off and get it for less.

The black case has extra foam in it that is really nice to cushion the tool once you position it in the box just right.

I removed the top tool holder, don't need it with the upper and lower foam.
It's not really heavy duty but does the job fine as long as you don't plan on throwing it in the bed of a truck.

Last edited by J.Moore; 07-16-2017 at 08:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
WW7 (07-16-2017)
Old 07-16-2017, 08:49 PM
MLRS
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks, Got it.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:42 AM
lry2014
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead link

Originally Posted by WW7
I only received it a few days ago so I haven't had much scan time with it so far.. I did hook it up to my car and make sure everything worked... I have used the GM Tech 2 made by Bosch and this seems to be every bit as well made as that unit... I paid $289.00 at a company called (chinacardiags ) ,it took about 10 days to receive the scanner , and it comes well packed and the packaging is pretty much crush proof... I got free shipping on mine, but it looks like they are charging shipping now but have dropped the price of the unit a few dollars..The nice thing about this site is you can use Paypal to pay for it instead of a charge card.......WW

Here's the site....
https://www.chinacardiags.com/wholes...l-package.html
That's very nice. BTW, the link is unable to connect, I tried this and able to open http://www.chinacardiags.com/wholesa...l-package.html.

Get notified of new replies

To Case for my new Tech 2 scanner..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Case for my new Tech 2 scanner..