C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

+1 for Duralast Ceramic Gold pads

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 06:38 PM
Cuckoo
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default +1 for Duralast Ceramic Gold pads

+1 for the Autozone Duralast Gold Ceramic pads.

Because of the dust and embarassing squealing with my factory GS pads I changed them out to the Duralast pads.

I'm just a street cruiser with my vette, stomping the pedal around town too of course. The pads are pretty decent for my use.

Its been a few hundred miles and they are very low dust and quiet too. I paid $88 front and rear + free shipping when they were on sale.

Sold my factory pads for $50.

Last edited by Cuckoo; 06-19-2017 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:13 PM
jaybee924
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm running them and they work for me. A lot of members are running them. I love them because of the very low dusting and no noise YaY!!!! Glad you like them man.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:16 PM
Adam Cifonelli
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 56 Posts

I think Ill be getting a set soon too. The break squeal is driving me nuts. How did the stock pads make it to production is puzzling.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:39 PM
z06Don
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

I put them on my GS the day after I brought it home.....I love them, I can actually drive it several times and still tell my wheels are chorme....they were almost black when I got it home from the dealer....
Old 06-20-2017, 06:56 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

I put them on mine when I got my new chrome wheels. Dusting is very low, which is good for me since I show my car regularly. Saves my knees; the stock pads were absolutely horrible with dust and created a constant need for pulling the wheels to clean them before shows. Now a quick wipe-down has the wheels sparkling.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:25 AM
Indy-V
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently upgraded to the Z51 cross-drilled rotors, powder coated the calipers and changed the brake hoses to the braided stainless steel type. I installed new AC Delco Ceramic pads. The squeal is horrendous.

Does anybody have the Z51 rotors that they installed these pads on? I just drive mine on the street without much heavy driving. If I brake heavy, the squeal does go away.

Old 06-20-2017, 08:28 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy-V
I recently upgraded to the Z51 cross-drilled rotors, powder coated the calipers and changed the brake hoses to the braided stainless steel type. I installed new AC Delco Ceramic pads. The squeal is horrendous.

Does anybody have the Z51 rotors that they installed these pads on? I just drive mine on the street without much heavy driving. If I brake heavy, the squeal does go away.

I have the Z51 package on my vert. No squealing with the Duralast Gold pads.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:00 PM
jaredtxrx
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy-V

You can use the same pads as you did before. The Z51 and base caliper is the same. You *may* get a little more dust but that is because of the drilled rotors acting like a cheese grater on your pads.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:29 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Switched mine when I first got my car almost 3 yrs. ago, no problemos, low dust, stops well, no noise
NSF
Old 06-20-2017, 01:55 PM
Ronald Koch Jr.
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I won't use anything else. No more sequel or brake dust. I recommend them highly.

Ron
Old 06-20-2017, 05:18 PM
RC4G
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Cuckoo
+1 for the Autozone Duralast Gold Ceramic pads.

Because of the dust and embarassing squealing with my factory GS pads I changed them out to the Duralast pads.

I'm just a street cruiser with my vette, stomping the pedal around town too of course. The pads are pretty decent for my use.

Its been a few hundred miles and they are very low dust and quiet too. I paid $88 front and rear + free shipping when they were on sale.

Sold my factory pads for $50.
Wow, I can't imagine anyone wanting to purchase the OEM sinterted metal pads for all the noise and dust. You couldn't pay me to take a set now.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:14 PM
nickb45502
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RC4G
Wow, I can't imagine anyone wanting to purchase the OEM sinterted metal pads for all the noise and dust. You couldn't pay me to take a set now.

09 Z51 Vert. 16k miles. Break pads squeal like a stuck pig.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:28 PM
Red12
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

I`m next. I`ll do them with the tires. Brake dust brutal.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:26 PM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

Received 716 Likes on 484 Posts

Installed the Duralast ceramics yesterday. Pleased with the feel and no noise. Stopping power seems great. Can't wait to see how little dust they create.

For less than $100 for both front and rears this seems like an unbeatable deal.

Last edited by NashvilleGrandSport; 06-25-2017 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:41 PM
Sky High
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

I can't believe I waited three years to put ceramics on my '13 GS. The squeal I had with the oem pads you could hear me coming down the block. Now zero noise and zero brake dust.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:46 PM
jaybee924
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NashvilleGrandSport
Installed the Duralast ceramics yesterday. Pleased with the feel and no noise. Stopping power seems great. Can't wait to see how little dust they create.

For less than $100 for both front and rears this seems like an unbeatable deal.
Congrats. I had the grey GS wheels at first that came on the car. But changed the brakes out within the first 2 months and oh my the brake dust was brutal. After then even with the alloys it was a whole lot cleaner on the wheels. I installed the chrome GS wheels now. I couldn't imagine those stock dusters with chrome wheels!!! I'd die.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:43 AM
Indy-V
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After removing my AC Delco pads that had a few hundred miles on them and replacing with the Duralast Gold, I couldn't be happier. The squeal is gone!!! It is nice rolling up to a stoplight without announcing my arrival.

Get notified of new replies

To +1 for Duralast Ceramic Gold pads

Old 06-26-2017, 07:26 AM
Ahrmike
Burning Brakes

Received 174 Likes on 145 Posts

every time my OEM pads squeal, i make sure to get on it hard at the next stoplight. Normally goes away. Maybe its a "warming up" thing?
Old 06-26-2017, 07:42 AM
jaybee924
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 1k3y
every time my OEM pads squeal, i make sure to get on it hard at the next stoplight. Normally goes away. Maybe its a "warming up" thing?
I don't think it's a warming up thing. But yes the OEM pads won't squeal under hard braking because that's what they do. But then again no one wants to go from 30 to 0 in less than a half of second either. So if you slow down gradually they will squeal no way around it. But some have said what you said. But I don't know if it's something you know so you have adapted to the situation and get on it harder or what. An maybe it can happen it's just that after a few blocks you've got the rotors cleaned off from braking. IDK Mines squealed so bad I was like people be looking like that's a pretty Vette but they need to put some brakes on it. I hated stopping and I felt bad for other peoples ears and grinded my teeth the whole time. LoL
Old 06-26-2017, 06:42 PM
Ahrmike
Burning Brakes

Received 174 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by jaybee924
I don't think it's a warming up thing. But yes the OEM pads won't squeal under hard braking because that's what they do. But then again no one wants to go from 30 to 0 in less than a half of second either. So if you slow down gradually they will squeal no way around it. But some have said what you said. But I don't know if it's something you know so you have adapted to the situation and get on it harder or what. An maybe it can happen it's just that after a few blocks you've got the rotors cleaned off from braking. IDK Mines squealed so bad I was like people be looking like that's a pretty Vette but they need to put some brakes on it. I hated stopping and I felt bad for other peoples ears and grinded my teeth the whole time. LoL
No, i get it.. I'm saying when it starts to squeal if you use it hard once or twice, it goes away for the rest of the drive. At least thats what it does in my use. I do have a ceramic pad/centric rotor set of brakes ready to swap in once I use this set up. 30K miles of mostly soft driving so theres so much brake pads left

Quick Reply: +1 for Duralast Ceramic Gold pads