C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Headlight Lens Choices?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 09:09 PM
Brad's LS3 Vette
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Aftermarket Headlight Lens Choices?

I see there are two different versions of the c6 corvette headlight lens replacement. I have a 2012 grand sport with dull headlights. Im leaning towards the gem style w/ the gem gasket (Top pic). The other version seems to have a thin gasket going around the edge of the lens (Bottom Pic). Im using eBay as my reference.

Name:  s-l1600-1.jpg
Views: 1861
Size:  142.8 KB

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 1954
Size:  130.3 KB

Last edited by Brad's LS3 Vette; 07-13-2017 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:29 PM
HammerheadTed
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Have not seen the one with the thin gasket, but it must be glued on, which I would be suspect of, longevity wise, since the headlights and nose take the brunt of road debris and the highest impact of rain. People seem happy with both of the vendors products that comment in the forum a lot, and I believe they both take OEM gaskets, like your top picture. Just redid my headlights with Umnitza lenses and factory gaskets and they look awesome. Waiting for my nose to come back from the body shop with fresh paint.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:52 PM
Brad's LS3 Vette
Racer

Originally Posted by HammerheadTed
Have not seen the one with the thin gasket, but it must be glued on, which I would be suspect of, longevity wise, since the headlights and nose take the brunt of road debris and the highest impact of rain. People seem happy with both of the vendors products that comment in the forum a lot, and I believe they both take OEM gaskets, like your top picture. Just redid my headlights with Umnitza lenses and factory gaskets and they look awesome. Waiting for my nose to come back from the body shop with fresh paint.
Good to know. I can't wait to redo my lens. Its the only park of the car that shows wear and tear... drives me nuts!
Old 07-14-2017, 03:11 AM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

I'm pretty much in the exact same boat. Body shop has the car.

OP, honestly, looking at those two pictures I would go with the first option unless the second one was like half price or something. I would think the gasket glued to the headlight would not hold up to heat cycles and UV exposure. There is a reason the factory gasket is held in place by mechanical means.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:49 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Buy them from RL Sebring and call it a day. He's been a vendor here for years.
The following users liked this post:
RLSebring (07-14-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 08:32 AM
Brad's LS3 Vette
Racer

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy
I'm pretty much in the exact same boat. Body shop has the car.

OP, honestly, looking at those two pictures I would go with the first option unless the second one was like half price or something. I would think the gasket glued to the headlight would not hold up to heat cycles and UV exposure. There is a reason the factory gasket is held in place by mechanical means.
Yeah those are my exactly thoughts... if the glue fails, headlights would have to be pulled out again.. and I like the OEM look if the Top lens

Last edited by Brad's LS3 Vette; 07-14-2017 at 08:32 AM.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:32 AM
LoganExplosion
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 112 Posts

I have RL Sebring's lenses. When they're installed, they look oem. Couldn't be happier with them.
RLSebring (07-14-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 06:47 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 328 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad's LS3 Vette
Good to know. I can't wait to redo my lens. Its the only park of the car that shows wear and tear... drives me nuts!
Originally Posted by Brad's LS3 Vette
Yeah those are my exactly thoughts... if the glue fails, headlights would have to be pulled out again.. and I like the OEM look if the Top lens
Please allow me to play sales dude with you.

When we first started this project back in late 2016, GM had discontinued the production of the lenses. A bunch (and I mean a BUNCH) of old vendors got their panties in a bunch and didn't want to put $$$$ into building a new batch of lenses. With the member's help, we did put $$$$$$$ into it.

Here are some reasons why we believe you should choose ours:
1) While others were selling the original crappy lenses and touting how many of them were sold (and this is not a knock on one vendor, everyone was doing it all over the country).
Why did they sell the original factory crappy lenses all this time and not build a fresh one?

The reality is the original GM lenses were (are) crap. If you bought OE lenses from anyone in the past (there were a few) those lenses will likely be crap in a couple of years too.
See #2 for more details.

2) We asked this community to give us your commitment and you responded in droves. Because of this we built the ONLY FRESH optically clear, better than original factory lenses. You can compare our lenses with anyone's and you'll find ours are not only better than the factory but also better than anyone's. Why is this? Because our lenses come with a proprietary hardening coating, proprietary anti-glare and anti fog.
So we built something from the ground up, fresh mold, fresh tooling.

3) Confidence in VALUE

Should you buy now or wait til they can't sell any and buy their product for cheap? Our product has remained stably priced so that people who purchased don't feel like getting shafted and we don't have to panic to get rid of old inventory.

You can buy our lenses for $249 and wait a couple of weeks, or you can buy them at $299 and get the best quality around. You want to do this again in 3 years?

Tell you guys what, if you call today/tomorrow/Monday, you can have $249 price and NOT wait - just to show you how competitive we are. This isn't a super duper sales price, this is the "delay" price without a delay. Potato/Potahto, but you have the option to get a lower price with us all the time without wondering if you buy today will the price drop by $130 tomorrow.

We're confident in our product, you should be too!

3) DOT - yes, we've been touting this, but attached is an "insider" photo of testing lab. For security, we won't tell you who they are, but they do DOT testing for Tesla, Ford, TYC, Toyota, Nissan, and those were only the projects they had listed on the board ahead of ours.

Our product has been great as far as abrasion, corrosion, coating, and photometrics testing go, there are a few more before we get the certified (but we are confident). If you want to wait til we get the certificate, we'll do the $249.99 price and call it the DOT delay price

We're paying a fortune, so you can have peace of mind that your lenses are DOT legitimately and legally. See attachment.

Look over the photos of the product in detail. You decide:

For more, look at this thread
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1595135539

EDIT: forgot attachment
EDIT 2: will actually show really detailed crisp photos in 2 weeks.
Attached Images  

Last edited by info@umnitza.com; 07-14-2017 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:31 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Current special. Also 10 years experience with GM replacement lens vs their 6 months experience. Only company to bring GM lens as a replacement lens even when GM didn't offer them to the public. My gaskets are factory profile molded using same material as the factory (1.5mm thicker) to fill in around the headlight opening and bonded to provide an even revel (placement). They don't move around and all that extra gasket isn't needed. The extra gasket you see on the factory gasket is there just to hold it onto the headlight assembly. They will be there long after the non bonded gaskets have dry rotted and fallen down. Others gaskets they are offering look like they were cut from simple flat stock rubber or whatever the shop had on hand.

Disregard all the misinformation out there and compare for yourself.

CHRISTMAS IN JULY $310.00 for a limited time. Sale Won't last long. Limit one set per customer. Purchase through my website www.c6c7vette.com

Take this opportunity to buy now for that Fall/Winter project!!!

Includes the Lens AND GASKETS. see photos

No one else offers factory material & style gaskets (black trim) with the lens. Others are offering a flat rough cut raw / open cell edge gasket cut from a non-factory type flat material.

Check out the pics and compare. I took the time and spent the money to produce a factory type gasket using the same factory material.

The following prices will resume when the sale ends.

Production Lens available for 438.00 set shipped.

Lens only are available for 318.00 set shipped.

Gaskets only are available for 120.00 pair shipped.

I was the original distributor for 9+ years of the GM OEM Headlight Lens till recently when they were discontinued. Over 10,000 sets Sold

Look closely at the pics. No one else offers close up pics of their product. Compare my quality, finish and price to the others and you will find I am the better deal.

This is for a pair of Left and Right Lens & Black gaskets / Trim the same as the factory material.

These fit Coupe, Convertible, Base C6, Z06, Z-51, Carbon Z06, Grand Sport, etc... all years 2005 - 2013.

The instructions to replace your lens are included with your purchase and will be available to you on my website.

Free Shipping is to the lower 48 only.

International Shipping is in addition to included shipping.

Please take a look at my other auctions/Listing for more headlight parts and options.

Headlight Video and Lens removal instructions available on my site.

Contact me for other C6 headlight parts that are available.

DOT and EURO ECE E11 Cert. Others don't offer this!

Last edited by RLSebring; 07-14-2017 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:54 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17

btw I am doing replacement service 450.00 labor plus lens and return shipping. I'm higher but you get what you pay for. Between shipping and a full schedule I'm not advertising the service very much. Leaves me plenty of time to make sure you get your headlights back complete not missing any internal parts.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:22 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

FYI - our install with Lenses are $499 + return shipping.
That's including lenses, sealant, and our labor for $499 ($599 if you do black).

We've done a few:
C6 installed:
View this post on Instagram

here are some photos of work we've done:
Custom C6 SwitchBack:
Old 07-14-2017, 09:31 PM
LJD51
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Eastern NC; Retired x 2 (US Army: 70-90 AD) (US Army: 91-16 DAC); yea, I'm old.
Received 76 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
Buy them from RL Sebring and call it a day. He's been a vendor here for years.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:07 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by LJD51
You did a great job on yours and they fit like a glove. I usually try to coax the members into DIY to really save the money and know the job 1st hand and having the pride of a job well done.

My original lens replacement instructions I did back around 2009 to assist the DIY'ers and the easiest way to remove your lights from your car are on my website www.c6c7vette.com

I also have in stock every part you could possibly need for your headlights. I only do C6 and will be adding C7 headlights to the mix nect year. I am usually available to help at the drop of an email.

Also if you are looking for Genuine GM OEM headlight gaskets go here and here. He usually has them in stock even though they are getting impossible to get.

2008 Vert

Owned since new in 2007

www.c6c7vette.com
Old 07-14-2017, 11:13 PM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Do both of your lenses actually have the www.rlsebring.com address on them? Just curious.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:24 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy
Do both of your lenses actually have the www.rlsebring.com address on them? Just curious.

They do. Out of over 600 sets sold out of my initial order I have had maybe 2 that just didn't like it. Many said it didn't bother them and the rest have said nothing. Once on the car I don't think it's as obtrusive as it may seem.

I already have another order going so maybe the 3rd batch I may have them tone the lettering down to basically what the stock lettering is.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:50 PM
da6speed
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 78 Posts

I bought some from RLSebring last year, shipped in timely manner, good thorough instructions, included correct gaskets, had no problems installing myself, fit great, very happy with them. All the locals thought I dished out $$$$ for new assemblies.

Last edited by da6speed; 07-14-2017 at 11:50 PM.
RLSebring (07-15-2017)
Old 07-15-2017, 10:39 AM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by da6speed
I bought some from RLSebring last year, shipped in timely manner, good thorough instructions, included correct gaskets, had no problems installing myself, fit great, very happy with them. All the locals thought I dished out $$$$ for new assemblies.

This is a common consensus times 1000's over the 10 years of experience in providing headlight lens and services.

Last edited by RLSebring; 07-15-2017 at 10:42 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Aftermarket Headlight Lens Choices?

Old 07-15-2017, 12:47 PM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Originally Posted by RLSebring
They do. Out of over 600 sets sold out of my initial order I have had maybe 2 that just didn't like it. Many said it didn't bother them and the rest have said nothing. Once on the car I don't think it's as obtrusive as it may seem.

I already have another order going so maybe the 3rd batch I may have them tone the lettering down to basically what the stock lettering is.
Thanks. I was just curious. I never noticed it before.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:27 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Thanks for the order Brad!
DATE & TIME STATUS OF ITEM LOCATION
July 17, 2017, 2:46 pm Delivered, Front Door/Porch

Let us know how it turns out!
Old 07-20-2017, 10:26 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17

For those asking here's the price breakdown:

210.00 for lens
100.00 for gaskets

310.00 only available as a set.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Headlight Lens Choices?