C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c6 vette DECIMATES twin turbo 3000GT..!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 02:04 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Received 134 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
Street racing in traffic is idiotic at best.
I agree. No matter how safe you think you are making it, street racing is illegal and dangerous. I am sure every person that has been involved in an accident as a result of street racing thought they were being "safe" at the time, until something out of their control happened. No different than a drunk thinking he is "OK to drive home". It is just poor judgement, plain and simple.

I thought there was a rule on this forum about posts promoting illegal street racing?
Old 08-15-2017, 07:31 PM
Dr Bee
Le Mans Master

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Homer3D
I agree. No matter how safe you think you are making it, street racing is illegal and dangerous. I am sure every person that has been involved in an accident as a result of street racing thought they were being "safe" at the time, until something out of their control happened.
This is the part you cannot explain to them, they simply won't or can't understand. Some moron earlier in this thread defending street racing in traffic said "hey, these are public streets". I didn't respond, you can't reason with these people.

Last edited by Dr Bee; 08-15-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:47 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by Homer3D
I thought there was a rule on this forum about posts promoting illegal street racing?
That rule was rescinded a couple of years back.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:10 AM
LoganExplosion
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Bee
seriously... are we a bunch of children with zero judgment? why would anyone promote or support racing in traffic (did anyone see the minivan in in the next lane)? i like the corvette demographic because it seems to be older and more mature than the mustang demographic, yet sometimes i'm not sure :/
Here we go! Who let dad in here?? Thanks for the pep talk. You've changed exactly zero minds about the subject. Did a gang of street racers force you to race for pinks and take your wife or something?? "I love high performance street cars. But I'm gonna talk down to everyone that uses them next to each other on roads." Shouldn't you be posting these comments on youtube??
Old 08-16-2017, 10:19 AM
nomiezvr4
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fellas, im definitely not trying to start anything here. I'm not going to argue with others about the topic, everyone has their opinion and for good reason. I'm a car enthusiast like most others here..sometimes we get together and have fun and this time it involved a corvette hence why I posted.
The following users liked this post:
thegame (08-17-2017)

Quick Reply: c6 vette DECIMATES twin turbo 3000GT..!!