C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange squealing sound when engine is cold...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 04:58 PM
Dimewise
Pro

Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
The secondary drive is completely separate from the supercharger kit, regardless of who manufactured it, so they can be used in conjunction with A&A,ECS or ATI.

Not doubting you and you probably tried changing the belt so the rest is moot but that really sounded like a belt issue to me. Often when it squeaks only when cold the belt has worn a rib down to the cords inside. When the cords hit the metal pulley it squeaks, hence why it comes and goes on rhythm.

If changing the belt temporarily fixes it, then that is most likely the issue. At that point it is either from a belt that may have slipped, or it's simply worn out. Or one of the pulleys is off from the others, wearing the belt out quicker.

Just a suggestion, I hope it works out well for you. Let me know if we can help.
Belt had maybe 200 miles on it. We had a pulley issue for a bit. I was sent a 3.6" that wasn't machined correctly :/
Old 11-07-2017, 05:25 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,093 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by Dimewise
Belt had maybe 200 miles on it. We had a pulley issue for a bit. I was sent a 3.6" that wasn't machined correctly :/

That's odd, we do not use a 3.6" pulley. Our six rib pulleys do not need to be modified from Paxton.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:39 PM
madsonp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,785 Likes on 1,186 Posts

Still think you should try the candle thing I mentioned earlier, mine was making the same sound and the wax on the belt made it quit, what have you got to loose ? Just remember, there's two belts, one that drives the AC and the other that drives everything else.

Last edited by madsonp; 11-07-2017 at 06:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Strange squealing sound when engine is cold...