C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SoCal Garage Works

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 09:20 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts

I predict a lot of happy campers come this time next week!!
Old 04-06-2018, 04:44 AM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 125 Posts

After receiving my steering wheel Dec 22nd 2017, original order date was latter part of Sept 2017, yeah 3 month wait, I got swamped with life for several months and finally went to install my new steering wheel last week only to find out they sent the wrong one, despite providing a pic of what was required!!! I emailed them informing them of the problem and got a quick reply and a return postage authorization. I'm now back playing the waiting game again! Oh boy!

Last edited by TomdaToolman; 04-06-2018 at 04:46 AM.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:10 AM
Bluewheelz
Racer

Received 193 Likes on 117 Posts

I got my tracking info yesterday. 7 weeks as advertised. I will post pictures after install!
Old 04-06-2018, 06:04 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Bluewheelz
I got my tracking info yesterday. 7 weeks as advertised. I will post pictures after install!
I guess if he batches the production process, my timing wasn't good because I'll be over 9 weeks by the time it shows up next week.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:10 PM
Bluewheelz
Racer

Mine just got delivered. WOW. Fine craftsmanship. I will post pictures when I get it installed.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:52 PM
Bluewheelz
Racer

********** If you have chrome trim on your steering wheel around the controls, it's a completely different steering wheel than the 2005 - 2010 wheels without the chrome. I ordered this one without chrome trim (05-10) and it one doesn't work on my 2012 Grand Sport. Starting over.............
Old 04-10-2018, 07:00 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

********** If you have chrome trim on your steering wheel around the controls, it's a completely different steering wheel than the 2005 - 2010 wheels without the chrome. I ordered this one without chrome trim (05-10) and it one doesn't work on my 2012 Grand Sport. Starting over.............
Sorry about that. I believe I asked if he had any 2012+ cores available and he said he didn't, but he did have one already made with CF, perforated leather and red stitching and stripe. I didn't want CF or red stitching/stripe, so I passed on the ready-made one and sent him in my own wheel with my specs. But maybe he still has the one wheel he can trade out quickly.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:02 PM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

That's a bummer. I received mine and immediately noticed two things. He added the red center line when I requested none and there are two hairline scratches in the clear coat at the top of the wheel.

With the communication issues so far I just hope this can be resolved in a timely manner.

Last edited by doomi; 04-10-2018 at 07:06 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:09 PM
Bluewheelz
Racer

I asked if there was a difference right after I ordered it and didn't get a response. I'm sure I can sell this one, as it's super nice and still brand new.

I actually decided about a month ago to go with blue for my accent color, so at least I won't have the red stitches on the steering wheel - not that it was going to be that big of a deal.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:26 PM
Bluewheelz
Racer

Originally Posted by doomi
That's a bummer. I received mine and immediately noticed two things. He added the red center line when I requested none and there are two hairline scratches in the clear coat at the top of the wheel.

With the communication issues so far I just hope this can be resolved in a timely manner.

Those scratches could pretty easily be color sanded and buffed out. The center mark would not be so easy to get rid of.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:44 PM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

I'm in the market for a new wheel as well and heard about them I thought the wheels looked great!!but there is no possible way on this planet I will make an order with them after hearing these stories. I'm not the kind of person that can wait more than 30 or even 40 Days for an order it's totally unacceptable but the wheels do look good
Old 04-10-2018, 07:46 PM
doomi
Drifting

Originally Posted by Don-Vette
I'm in the market for a new wheel as well and heard about them I thought the wheels looked great!!but there is no possible way on this planet I will make an order with them after hearing these stories. I'm not the kind of person that can wait more than 30 or even 40 Days for an order it's totally unacceptable but the wheels do look good
This is really, really high quality stuff so clearly he's a great craftsman. It seems like he may have just bit off more than he could chew doing 40+ wheels at once.

I sent a message about my two issues so hopefully I'll have resolution soon.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:17 PM
Bluewheelz
Racer

I accidentally purchased one without the chrome trim - mine has chrome trim and they are different on the back. I'm selling it if you don't want to wait. See photos above. It's brand new, no issues.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:22 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

The wheel is killer and is priced a third of what others charge. I am like you and hate to wait but it was well worth it. I did order just as winter set in so the car wasn't going anywhere either way.

A person can also order without sending in their core. So you could still drive the vette while waiting.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:07 AM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

The wait definitely has been longer than I had hoped, but the quality-to-price ratio can't be beat as far as I've seen.

I guess among the many cost-benefit factors of this type of investment you have to decide which is most valuable to you. For me it was quality and price point, so I was willing to absorb the time cost.

Of course I'll have to fully evaluate the cost-benefit ratio once I receive the wheel, which is supposed to be tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:16 AM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

Received 597 Likes on 407 Posts

All of the cost benefits have to be looked at over the coarse of time...heat...cold inside the interior...carbon fiber believe it or not has memory (to a point) in conjunction with what type of resin is used...uv verses a uv high heat verses a standard resin...so just because your wheel looks great...through time...be it long or short you will be able to judge...not only the cf but also the wear on the leather...i will be getting mine today...i will get back to you all
Old 04-11-2018, 03:11 PM
doomi
Drifting

This thing is gorgeous. The seller quickly responded to my issues and we worked out a resolution that I'm very happy with.

The wait was long, but I wouldn't spend 2-3x as much for a different one. I'm incredibly pleased.

Get notified of new replies

To SoCal Garage Works

Old 04-11-2018, 03:16 PM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

Received 597 Likes on 407 Posts

I received my wheel...nice job...but i did not receive the side covers that i ordered in carbon fiber
Old 04-11-2018, 08:07 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

My all-leather wheel arrived today, but out of town so will have to wait until the weekend to unbox and install. Will post pics. If everyone else's pics are an indicator, it should be awesome!
Old 04-11-2018, 10:47 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

I accidentally purchased one without the chrome trim - mine has chrome trim and they are different on the back. I'm selling it if you don't want to wait. See photos above. It's brand new, no issues.
The scratches are a bummer, even if they can be removed. It's new, it should not have them.

How much are you asking for the wheel?

Jim

Quick Reply: SoCal Garage Works