dash noise - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dash noise

Reply

 
 
 
Old 01-17-2018, 05:36 PM
  #1  
dannyboytop
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2018
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default dash noise

2007 C6 3LT conv. Have bad vibration in dash when I hit 60 mph. and up when the weather is cold. Will not do it in warm or hot weather. It will also stop the noise when I drive it a while. Only in cold weather. Any thoughts.
dannyboytop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:41 PM
  #2  
4SUMERZ
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
4SUMERZ's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2009
Location: New Brunswick
Posts: 7,238
Thanked 680 Times in 559 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dannyboytop View Post
2007 C6 3LT conv. Have bad vibration in dash when I hit 60 mph. and up when the weather is cold. Will not do it in warm or hot weather. It will also stop the noise when I drive it a while. Only in cold weather. Any thoughts.
It sounds to me that it could be a front tire issue, either low on air, or out of balance. Are you running GY F1's by any chance?
4SUMERZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:50 PM
  #3  
dannyboytop
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2018
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR View Post
It sounds to me that it could be a front tire issue, either low on air, or out of balance. Are you running GY F1's by any chance?
no firestone fire hawks
dannyboytop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:46 PM
  #4  
Mike's LS3
CF Senior Member
 
Mike's LS3's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2007
Location: Bay Area CA
Posts: 3,238
Thanked 149 Times in 138 Posts
Default

There is a known issue of the windshield cowl not sealing up against the windshield and at freeway speeds it causes vibration. The cowl can warped and allow the airflow to go in between the windshield and cowl and vibrate.

Use masking tape and tape down the cowl onto the windshield and see if that stops it. If so, the cowl is warped.

Preferably, replace the cowl or poor man's fix is to apply a clear sealant in between the cowl and windshield.

Last edited by Mike's LS3; 01-17-2018 at 06:47 PM.
Mike's LS3 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:47 AM
  #5  
dannyboytop
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2018
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mike's LS3 View Post
There is a known issue of the windshield cowl not sealing up against the windshield and at freeway speeds it causes vibration. The cowl can warped and allow the airflow to go in between the windshield and cowl and vibrate.

Use masking tape and tape down the cowl onto the windshield and see if that stops it. If so, the cowl is warped.

Preferably, replace the cowl or poor man's fix is to apply a clear sealant in between the cowl and windshield.
Thanks I thought about that and now it makes sense because it only happens when cold weather and not in summer I will try that Saturday morning. I will let you know if that fixes it.
THANKS
dannyboytop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:01 PM
  #6  
Turbo6TA
CF Senior Member
 
Turbo6TA's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,542
Thanked 421 Times in 332 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dannyboytop View Post

I will let you know if that fixes it.
THANKS
That was 4 months ago ... You never let us know like you promised.
Turbo6TA is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:15 PM
  #7  
dannyboytop
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2018
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Dash noise

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA View Post
That was 4 months ago ... You never let us know like you promised.
It was cool vibration so I took 3/4 wide rubber tape and ran from one side to other looks factory seal no more noise can,t tell tape is there. Thanks for the help I really have a hard time learning this website. Just give time.
dannyboytop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:18 PM
  #8  
dannyboytop
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2018
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Cowl noise

Originally Posted by Mike's LS3 View Post
There is a known issue of the windshield cowl not sealing up against the windshield and at freeway speeds it causes vibration. The cowl can warped and allow the airflow to go in between the windshield and cowl and vibrate.

Use masking tape and tape down the cowl onto the windshield and see if that stops it. If so, the cowl is warped.

Preferably, replace the cowl or poor man's fix is to apply a clear sealant in between the cowl and windshield.
Rubber tape from one side to other looks like factory seal have to look hard to see.Noise gone worked great
dannyboytop is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dash noise


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: