C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Nav MP3

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 05:51 PM
FatsWaller
Safety Car

Received 1,798 Likes on 1,152 Posts

Originally Posted by LowRyter
according to Mr Google:

How do you burn a mp3 CD on Windows Media Player?

Click the “Burn” tab, located toward the upper right side of the Windows Media Player window. 4. Click the "Burn Options" icon, located next to the Sync tab, and then select the "Data CD or DVD" option.
This is true, and you can create a CD with a whole bunch of mp3s on it, but my NAV system won't even recognize the CD if I do it this way. My PC has no problem with it, so it's not like the CD is corrupt or anything. It's beyond my pay grade to figure out what the difference between a CD burned as an Audio CD compared to one burned as a data CD. All I can tell you is that my NAV system doesn't like the data CD, and loves the music CD.

Don't let that stop you from trying to use the Media Player to burn disks with mp3s, because maybe yours will work in your NAV unit whereas mine just doesn't. If you do get it to work, please share - I'd like to know how you did it.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:58 PM
SladeX
Melting Slicks

Received 833 Likes on 607 Posts

A firmware update is required to add mp3 capability to older C6 nav systems. My first 05 C6 required this, my current one was already updated.

The update can be burned to a DVD disc and will auto update the nav when put in the DVD slot. After a "reboot", mp3 cd should be playable.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:04 AM
LowRyter
Melting Slicks

Received 377 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by FatsWaller
This is true, and you can create a CD with a whole bunch of mp3s on it, but my NAV system won't even recognize the CD if I do it this way. My PC has no problem with it, so it's not like the CD is corrupt or anything. It's beyond my pay grade to figure out what the difference between a CD burned as an Audio CD compared to one burned as a data CD. All I can tell you is that my NAV system doesn't like the data CD, and loves the music CD.

Don't let that stop you from trying to use the Media Player to burn disks with mp3s, because maybe yours will work in your NAV unit whereas mine just doesn't. If you do get it to work, please share - I'd like to know how you did it.
OK, I have an 08 base model (non nav) and the book says the CD player will play an MP3 CD (or some such). Since I Bluetooth my phone, I've never gone to trouble of recording an Mp3 CD (which is said to have many times the music vs regular CD).
Old 04-05-2018, 01:44 AM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by SladeX
A firmware update is required to add mp3 capability to older C6 nav systems. My first 05 C6 required this, my current one was already updated.

The update can be burned to a DVD disc and will auto update the nav when put in the DVD slot. After a "reboot", mp3 cd should be playable.
That was for 05 and only 05. Trying that on any other year nav will kill it.

Quick Reply: C6 Nav MP3