C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF is this "not driving" your car stuff all about?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 08:54 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
No, you're an HD person who HAPPENS to own a Corvette. Big difference. Stick to the bikes. You don't have any right to judge anyone else's choice as to how they use their car unless you paid for it.
Settle down sparky...this isn't that important for you to blow fuses, or at least it shouldn't be.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:01 PM
Cooter Tech
Le Mans Master

Received 221 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcrider
I can see you're triggered. If posts make you "miserable", you have a problem, it's called IMMATURITY.
Yea right! I enjoy egging you on with your anger and hostilities. Seems like you are a tad thin skinned when you are challenged.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:03 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Cooter Tech
Yea right! I enjoy egging you on with your anger and hostilities. Seems like you are a tad thin skinned when you are challenged.
Of course "cooter"...you "win"...lol

you big bully you....
The following users liked this post:
GrayGrandSport (04-19-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 09:12 PM
Cooter Tech
Le Mans Master

Of course "cooter"...you "win"...lol

you big bully you....
Just cantankerous! We salt our roads here, plus my dirt roads I have other cars and will not take mine on the roads for that reason. Not known as the rust belt for no reason. I need a 4 wheel drive just to get out of my driveway.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:16 PM
SHM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

5 1/2 years-60Kmi-5 hours of track time. So far, nothing's broken. Tires, front brakes, battery, wiper blades, lubes, filters, clutch flushes...That's about it. Still drives like it's new. Even better just because of the tires...no significant squeaks, rattles...there are occasional buzzes from the drivers door when the exhaust valves are opened...And the window rattles when down and the door closes. But, doesn't rattle when driving. So far, so good... I've little to no interest in a C7...

Last edited by SHM; 04-18-2018 at 09:16 PM.
Mcrider (04-19-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 09:32 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Just cantankerous! We salt our roads here, plus my dirt roads I have other cars and will not take mine on the roads for that reason. Not known as the rust belt for no reason. I need a 4 wheel drive just to get out of my driveway.
Gotcha Cooter. I live on a dirt road and my house is downhill from the road, so I need 4WD to get out of here too. Snow is gone, but it's still muddy.

Ain't 1950 a great year? Attachment 48331950

Attachment 48337679
Old 04-18-2018, 09:37 PM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Received 1,142 Likes on 592 Posts

Yea right! I enjoy egging you on with your anger and hostilitie5s. Seems like you are a tad thin skinned when you are challenged.
Biker boy is very angry he wants you to beat your car up like he does.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:39 PM
Cooter Tech
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Bruze
Gotcha Cooter. I live on a dirt road and my house is downhill from the road, so I need 4WD to get out of here too. Snow is gone, but it's still muddy.

Ain't 1950 a great year?

Yes it was fond memories.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:45 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Old 04-18-2018, 09:56 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I come out of the Harley world where we ride the hell out of our bikes. The money we put in these can easily hit $50K or more and we ride in all kinds of weather, including rain.

Skip to the world of Corvettes and it's like another planet. Seems that to many, they are more like "look at what I have in the garage". People buy them, put crazy assed amounts of money into them with add on's and then don't drive the damn things. A thread here had comments indicating 6k a year in miles over a 3 year period was too many miles!

WTF?

I think some here need to adopt a saying we have in the HD world...

Ride it like you stole it.....

I know damn well there are here those that do exactly that.

we also have a saying for those who own pretty bikes and don't ride them...we call them trailer queens.

Let the flaming begin!
Regular people here you know the ones that just love driving a powerful fast car say "Drive it like you stole it". Like I've said before when I wear this one out I'll buy another.
Mcrider (04-19-2018)
Old 04-19-2018, 12:27 AM
zzjakect
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by GARYFINN
Biker boy is very angry he wants you to beat your car up like he does.
Gary you have over 37000 posts. You don't have any time to drive.
Mcrider (04-19-2018)
Old 04-19-2018, 12:30 AM
zzjakect
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Dirt roads? Move to the USA. We have pavement. Even in Arkansas. SAlt the roads? That is silly. Do you eat the dirt roads up there. Pepper too?
Old 04-19-2018, 01:11 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,891 Likes on 1,913 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I smell a .

Guess we all are supposed to do as he says, knowing how smart the "ride it like you stole it" HD crowd is.

Personally I have over 200,000 miles on my 1 owner 07. I drive it, but don't give a damn what others do with theirs. To each their own.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:00 AM
Cooter Tech
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by zzjakect
Dirt roads? Move to the USA. We have pavement. Even in Arkansas. SAlt the roads? That is silly. Do you eat the dirt roads up there. Pepper too?
We hate salt too! We do mix the dirt with iced tea, but we have to sift out the gravel first. That’s why we have so many pot holes in the Northern wilderness. Tell My cousin Bobby Ray Jo I said Hi will ya?
Attached Images  
Old 04-19-2018, 06:54 AM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by wayback
I smell a .

Guess we all are supposed to do as he says, knowing how smart the "ride it like you stole it" HD crowd is.
The "drive it like you stole it crowd" are those who these types of SPORTS cars and motorcycles are marketed towards, along with the performance after market industry.

FYI, but I thought a smart guy like you would already know that. My bad.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:07 AM
Cruisers
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default I think the OP made a valid point.

We hate salt too! We do mix the dirt with iced tea, but we have to sift out the gravel first. That’s why we have so many pot holes in the Northern wilderness. Tell My cousin Bobby Ray Jo I said Hi will ya?
Every road vehicle was designed for very specific purpose's. It is surprising to me that so many Corvette owners never use it for these purpose's. I don't put a lot of miles on mine for many reasons, but when it gets fired up it's gonna see some hard running before it gets shut down. Again, what was it designed for? Last year there was a Corvette Club sponsored drag event. From our club only two members, myself and my best friend participated. Out of over 100 members in our club. But a car show? They'll about all come out. The "please look at me" events. Again for the vast majority of Corvette owners I think it's ALL about image. Notice I didn't say everyone? Notice I didn't dictate to others what they should do with theirs? The OP has a valid point. And if we cannot be observant and critical of our own, then there IS a big problem.
Mcrider (04-19-2018)
Old 04-19-2018, 07:43 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Get notified of new replies

To WTF is this "not driving" your car stuff all about?

Old 04-19-2018, 07:44 AM
ErikR
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 81 Posts

My old neighbors had Harleys... Talk about un-ridden garage queens.

Kind of like this gem from craigslist....Ride it like you stole it..

Old 04-19-2018, 07:48 AM
Cooter Tech
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Cruisers
Every road vehicle was designed for very specific purpose's. It is surprising to me that so many Corvette owners never use it for these purpose's. I don't put a lot of miles on mine for many reasons, but when it gets fired up it's gonna see some hard running before it gets shut down. Again, what was it designed for? Last year there was a Corvette Club sponsored drag event. From our club only two members, myself and my best friend participated. Out of over 100 members in our club. But a car show? They'll about all come out. The "please look at me" events. Again for the vast majority of Corvette owners I think it's ALL about image. Notice I didn't say everyone? Notice I didn't dictate to others what they should do with theirs? The OP has a valid point. And if we cannot be observant and critical of our own, then there IS a big problem.
What gives you or the OP the right to criticize anyone? Where exactly is the problem? I don’t see what anyone does with their car as a big problem at all.
Bruze (04-19-2018)
Old 04-19-2018, 07:56 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

There are plenty of us who drive them like we stole them, and plenty of us who own bikes too, that don't take all week to polish....

brooklync5 (04-19-2018)

Quick Reply: WTF is this "not driving" your car stuff all about?