C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convertible owners. What's the best mod you've done to your car??

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 01:14 PM
JerryC5
Melting Slicks

Received 198 Likes on 79 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by Jeff T.
Good to hear the positive comments on the wind restrictor. I won't need the light, but if it helps with the buffering that's a plus.
It really does help the buffeting. You can talk to the passenger, you don't have to shout. Your cap doesn't blow off either.

When driving at 70-80mph for many miles, without the Windrestrictor, my hair would hurt. With it, it is no problem.

I do not have a light in mine.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:22 PM
2008 Atomic Orange
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Left mine alone---Happy with no modifications--I guess I'm purest
Old 04-24-2018, 01:43 PM
Icecap
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff T.
Good to hear the positive comments on the wind restrictor. I won't need the light, but if it helps with the buffering that's a plus.

I'm fairly tall so with the top down I found that the top my head touched the airflow coming over the top of the windshield. I had to move the seat foreword to so that I could recline the seat back more but that cramped my legroom. The Winrestrictor even seemed to help with that by changing the airflow dynamics.

The lighting kit is a $32 add on and worth it for appearance too. I get lots of comments and inquiries about the WindRestictor and lots of comments when people see it illuminated. I sourced and added my own dimmer with a small remote control and can tone it down from from maximum brightness to barely visible in 10% increments with the remote that I mounted with velcro on the underside of my console lid.

Last edited by Icecap; 04-24-2018 at 01:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Jeff T. (04-24-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 02:20 PM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Received 1,142 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryC5
Yes, but I didn't know it was going to be a gravel road when I planned my route on my Garmin GPS. It would have been about twice that far to backtrack and go all the way around.

Had same situation when driving from Glen Canyon NP to Monument Valley, ended up on a 20 mile gravel road. We have also been "off road" in White Sands National Monument and at Bonneville Salt Flats.

It's a car, not a garage queen, and it cleans up just fine.
Its not a Jeep either
marinablu67 (04-24-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 02:56 PM
BigBlue
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryC5
The best mod I made to my C6 convertible was the installation of a Wind Restrictor. It makes those 5000 mile trips with the top down a real pleasure. You can even drive a gravel road and not get overwhelmed with dust.

Hwy 88 from Roosevelt lake to Apache Junction in the Superstition Mountains east of Phoenix. About 40 miles of gravel road.

I'm surprised they didn't ban you for this. Although I'm not one to talk. Mine's been to the deer lease a time or two.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:29 AM
Jeff T.
Race Director

Received 1,090 Likes on 797 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Thanks for all the suggestions!!! The car will be delivered next Tuesday, now I get to wait...

Already has a Vararam - keeper and a Magnaflow that I will most likely replace!!

Pics when its in my drive and I officially move from the C5 section to the C6 section!!
Icecap (04-25-2018)

Quick Reply: Convertible owners. What's the best mod you've done to your car??