C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too Much Wax?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 10:24 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Could be wax buildup, could be a reaction from whatever they used and the Adam's. I've used nothing but Adam's for at least 16 years. I would strip wash it, clay it, and start from scratch.
Your ride is a beauty.
The following users liked this post:
GS982 (05-24-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 10:26 PM
montman
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

This stuff will remove all existing wax.
Originally Posted by GS982
I just bought my '13 IOM 427 Vert a couple weeks back, and the car is immaculate. No swirls, no scratches no paint contaminants. Last weekend I put her in a local show and shine. The car was clean for the most part, but I wiped her down with an instant detailer and followed that up with Adam's Brilliant Glaze for some extra pop. I have had excellent results with this combo and my '70 Stingray Vert. At the show, once the car was on display in full sun, I noticed the paint did not have the "pop" I expected. Once again no swirls, but almost like there was a slight haze in the clear. The individual I purchased the car from made comment that it had about 15 coats of wax on it when I asked him if it had been protected by any sort of clear bra or ceramic coating (did not have either). Could too much wax be causing this lack of deep shine/haze? Has anyone had the same issue with wax accumulation? I was thinking about washing the car this weekend a couple times with 1/2 dish detergent and 1/2 car soap to cut the wax build up and start from ground zero. Any products out there better than dish detergent for safely removing wax accumulation? Thanks in advance.
If you are really serious about stripping the wax, look at Griot's Garage website and they sell some professional stuff to take it off. Called Paint Prep

Last edited by montman; 05-24-2018 at 10:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Too Much Wax?