C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirius/XM $99.00 for 3 years (yes, 3 yrs@$99.00)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 02:26 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by LS WON
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_220SXE...-Onyx-EZR.html
Haven't got around to it yet but is this the unit where all you have to do is plug it into a power source or cigarette lighter and then tune it to a FM frequency? It's that easy?
I was also told to check out Best Buy.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_607FMDA25/FM-Direct-Adapter.html

tHERE IS nothing to plug this set up into back of 2005 Corvette headunit.
This is the one I use.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Delphi-Road...esc=0&_ipg=200
It is very small (about the size of a cassette tape) and can mount in various positions. It will broadcast a low power FM signal over an unused FM frequency (88.3-88.9 or 107.1-107.9 IIRC) but I use the AUX output for a cleaner signal.
It looks like there is an antenna plug on the back of the base radio, but I am not sure if there is a separate tuner module.

Depending of the strength of FM signals in your area you may of may not need to add the direct adapter.
The following users liked this post:
LS WON (07-27-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 05:49 PM
vcheng
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts

Finally, after nearly 15 years with XM Radio (on the Corvette since new in 2006), I got tired of all the useless yapping and incessant self-promotions and canceled the service (I thought the whole idea of paying for radio was for them to STFU!). I will probably install an AUX input or use an FM adapter to keep on rocking with Spotify. Happiness (and peace) once again.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:36 AM
BigBoo
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2 radios, 1 subscription

I have an XM receiver plugged into Aux jack in my truck. Currently on 3 mont free trial in my Corvette. Just replaced my unit though, so the free trial is gone. I have been using streaming services on my phone through Android Auto. In convenient for changing channels but I don't have an additional charge for a subscription other than the $5/month streaming I already paid for.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:48 PM
Kenny94945
Le Mans Master

Received 445 Likes on 382 Posts

FWIW
Sep 28 2018 Deal still on 99 + fees = 118.
Also they have a 5 year 149 + fees = 178.
About $3 a month, does not include Howard Stern and a few other sports channels.

States will not automatically renew.
States if not used refund available.
Yes, they need a credit or debit card
(Which if actually not automated renewing maybe not so much risk and in a year why
not just get a new card as option to prevent those forum discussed XM billing games.)

I signed up for the 5 year...yes no C7 for me, maybe a C8.

Last edited by Kenny94945; 09-28-2018 at 08:33 PM. Reason: "not" used
Old 09-28-2018, 04:29 PM
king weasel
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year vehicle were you able to get this deal on sir?
Old 09-28-2018, 04:46 PM
samzvetc6
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 109 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Kenny94945
FWIW
Sep 28 2018 Deal still on 99 + fees = 118.
Also they have a 5 year 149 + fees = 178.
About $3 a month, does not include Howard Stern and a few other sports channels.

States will not automatically renew.
States if used refund available.
Yes, they need a credit or debit card
(Which if actually not automated renewing maybe not so much risk and in a year why
not just get a new card as option to prevent those forum discussed XM billing games.)

I signed up for the 5 year...yes no C7 for me, maybe a C8.
I haven't seen the 5 year one yet, only the 1 year for $60.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:09 PM
Rick369
Burning Brakes

Received 218 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by king weasel
What year vehicle were you able to get this deal on sir?
I agree. All the forum members that are getting the 3 yrs at $99.00 plus fees, need to give the model year of their Corvette. I have been following this thread but confused on the criteria Sirius/XM is using to offer this deal.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:39 PM
pickleseimer
Drifting

Received 321 Likes on 212 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

I like XM, wouldn't mind having it when in the car. The issue is I have eight vehicles, and six of them have XM receivers. I can only drive one at a time. I don't drive any particular one more than the others so it's not like putting XM in the primary car would cover some majority of total miles driven. What I would like is a single subscription that would cover the six vehicles for something like the standard rate for one car. Asked them once if there was such a thing as a fleet license for this very purpose. The rep nearly laughed, and I said see ya'
Old 09-28-2018, 10:24 PM
ByRiver
Safety Car

Received 613 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by pickleseimer
I like XM, wouldn't mind having it when in the car. The issue is I have eight vehicles, and six of them have XM receivers. I can only drive one at a time. I don't drive any particular one more than the others so it's not like putting XM in the primary car would cover some majority of total miles driven. What I would like is a single subscription that would cover the six vehicles for something like the standard rate for one car. Asked them once if there was such a thing as a fleet license for this very purpose. The rep nearly laughed, and I said see ya'
Yeah, you'll never get anything like that. It's not even technically feasible to do. The closest thing you can get to that is get a single subscription with streaming add-on, then use your cell phone or some other device to stream it in your other seven vehicles when you drive them.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:06 PM
pickleseimer
Drifting

Received 321 Likes on 212 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by ByRiver
Yeah, you'll never get anything like that. It's not even technically feasible to do. The closest thing you can get to that is get a single subscription with streaming add-on, then use your cell phone or some other device to stream it in your other seven vehicles when you drive them.
Yep, they told me no such subscription exists. Technically it is a matter of authorizing additional radio codes under a single subscription. For XM, procedurally and from a policy perspective, it is unattractive until there is a market. Until such a product is offered, paying for 6 subscriptions which are each only used occasionally is not attractive to me either. First world problems lol
Old 09-28-2018, 11:58 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by pickleseimer
I have a lifetime subscription on one of these.

It is a little involved, but I wired up all of my cars (plus the motorcycle and boat) so that I could simply switch the receiver from one to another. I tapped into the factory XM antennas and aux inputs on the cars that had them, for the others I bought kits off Ebay.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:14 PM
Dunk
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got the email offer as well..

However, I believe it is only associated with the XM Radio account I used to have on file
which was included in my Kenwood 7" indash unit that was in my Yukon.. The Yukon
I sold 3 months ago.. Thus the reason why I cancelled the service..

See the attached redacted screenshot of the email I got with the offer for 5$ a month for a year..

Originally Posted by cadyshac
I tried online chat with them to get 3 years/$99 but no dice. They offered 1 year at $99 I said no thanks.

Quick Reply: Sirius/XM $99.00 for 3 years (yes, 3 yrs@$99.00)