C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Grand Sport Seat Ripping

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 08:19 AM
CBRDude
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've done that several times. Conversed via email and phone! Village idiots come to mind! I've used several of the OEM part providers on this board. I have given them the VIN # and the sales codes inside the glove box door. The seats are original to the car. Nobody re-skinned them. Swapped seats, ect.... If someone swapped out the label of the glove box door they went through a **** load of trouble. They keep coming back with the ebony seats. Yes, that damn dumb! One guy refused to give me the part numbers, the others gave me the part numbers that are listed online. Even when I place my VIN in the magic box it comes back with the all ebony seat covers. So I suspect that's what they are doing as well?

And it gets worse. They quote you a price that's over the cost of what's online. Then they tack on the absorbent postage costs.

I've been told that the part numbers to the seat covers are also inside the seat themselves. Sewn into the seam of the bolster.

My selling dealer is way over MSRP. Not even interested in what they have to say.

If someone has a better idea, I'm all ears!
Old 06-26-2018, 08:46 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,908 Likes on 4,290 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by CBRDude
I've done that several times. Conversed via email and phone! Village idiots come to mind! I've used several of the OEM part providers on this board. I have given them the VIN # and the sales codes inside the glove box door. The seats are original to the car. Nobody re-skinned them. Swapped seats, ect.... If someone swapped out the label of the glove box door they went through a **** load of trouble. They keep coming back with the ebony seats. Yes, that damn dumb! One guy refused to give me the part numbers, the others gave me the part numbers that are listed online. Even when I place my VIN in the magic box it comes back with the all ebony seat covers. So I suspect that's what they are doing as well?

And it gets worse. They quote you a price that's over the cost of what's online. Then they tack on the absorbent postage costs.

I've been told that the part numbers to the seat covers are also inside the seat themselves. Sewn into the seam of the bolster.

My selling dealer is way over MSRP. Not even interested in what they have to say.

If someone has a better idea, I'm all ears!
There is a tag sewn into the inside of the seat covers, however, I have tried to look up each of the 3 numbers on the tag & every parts site shows "0 results". If you don't have Ebony (obvious) it's either Titanium (grey) or Cashmere (tan). seat back cover outer titanium is 19250674 - $160.08, w/o heat it's 19250654 - $144.05; cashmere w/heat is 19250672 - $173.96, w/o heat is 19250652 - $159.14.
www.chevynationparts.net & you can look up each component of the seats under Body/Drivers Seat components

If you want to change both seats to ebony, I've got a full set of like new covers for both seats for sale for $400 + shipping.

Last edited by JABCAT; 06-26-2018 at 08:48 AM.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:11 AM
CBRDude
Advanced

Just went to the site you provided. https://www.chevynationparts.net/

I put my VIN in and it came back with the black seat back covers. 19250647 - 135.95/209.80. When I don't use my VIN I get the same part number too. I have the Black seats with the C6 Logo on headrests. All the seats with the exception of the drivers seat back are flawless. So I don't need the full set, but thank you.

The C6 Logo was optional? As I've noted some GS 2012's have the logo and others don't. Can someone confirm.

Thanks
Old 06-26-2018, 09:25 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

I have a 1LT optioned car that did not have the logo on the headrest.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:32 AM
CBRDude
Advanced

LT3 Optioned here.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:02 PM
mabunn
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior shop in DFW area

I’m starting a new job and thinking I should not be taking my seats apart at this time.

Can anyone provide suggestions on a shop you’ve used for interior repair in the DFW area? I’m in Plano but would consider other locations.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:11 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

If you’re only replacing the outer foam & skin it’s a couple hour job at most yourself. I’d think a shop will charge you a hefty bit of change to do the work.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:30 AM
CBRDude
Advanced

Originally Posted by JABCAT
If you’re only replacing the outer foam & skin it’s a couple hour job at most yourself. I’d think a shop will charge you a hefty bit of change to do the work.
I think that's the route I'm going in if I can get the right covers. I did my Honda Prelude several years ago and that worked out just fine. This should be a cake walk.

I've gone to the upholstery shop and the cost was prohibitive.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:41 PM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

I had the exact same problem, went to two dealers who told me I got in the car with a screwdriver in my back pocket...come on....I went to a third dealer whos service manager actually came out to look at the seat...what he discovered was the plastic stop button on the shoulder strap had a very sharp edge to it and it lined up exactly with the tear...He called someone down the plant and came back to me and said they were going to replace the seat panel and order me a new seatbelt assembly under warranty...needless to say from that moment on I take my business to this dealer. You cannot tell the piece was replaced and the new seatbelt does not have the sharp edge...two yrs later things are just fine...

Quick Reply: 2012 Grand Sport Seat Ripping