C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you drive your Vette or just look at it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 06:04 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,891 Likes on 1,913 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Just look at it.

Now at 203,000 miles.

But why do you care how others enjoy their car?
The following 3 users liked this post by wayback:
JerriVette (06-24-2018), owc6 (06-24-2018), Vet Interested (06-25-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 07:11 AM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Both
Old 06-24-2018, 07:25 AM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts

It's amazing how triggered people get during threads like this. Ask questions about cars and they have hissy fits, but damn, they sure seem anxious to offer their opinions on others cars.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:28 AM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Received 1,142 Likes on 592 Posts

I like To look !!!!!!!

Old 06-24-2018, 07:39 AM
97boat
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Daily for me.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:13 AM
bruno06
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 75 Posts

If I could use mine as DD I would, but my work requires me to carry samples all the time and the suv is better suited. I drive it as much as possible when not working. When it’s raining or snowing I don’t take it out but work on it installing mods and making it my own.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:21 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Bought new in nov 2007 ..third new corvette this is a ls3 m6 z51 with npp, a few light changes cow booster, a tune,an intake, the hud, a d shaped dsv wheel, maw short throw shifter.

this one has been so utterly reliable I’ve put on 122k miles and it still drives and looks brand new..except for the foam in the seats...

im putting in new foam as I already put the seat rebuild kit and it lasted a few years.

the leather or whatever they call this looks good...

the foam went to crap..

i imagine july ill have the $100foam in the seat cushion put in...an hour labor tops and 100bucks for the foam delivered...should have done the renewed foam when I installed the seat rebuild kit...

its a flat cushion these days and it pisses me off..(cinch the belt and it’s ok but for a $150bucks total new drivers seat foams going in as I already put the rebuild kit five years ago..

mechanically and in paint shine etc..the car is excellent...

the cars worth two cents beciase of the miles..lol so I keep it...

in forty years of buying new cars..this one has been unbelievably reliable..

i slap snows on in nove to april..19/20 black c7 z51rims with Michelin’s in the summer..

everyday i drive this car i smile...that’s what my **** is for.

Last edited by JerriVette; 06-24-2018 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:29 AM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcrider
It's amazing how triggered people get during threads like this. Ask questions about cars and they have hissy fits, but damn, they sure seem anxious to offer their opinions on others cars.
It's the "Religion of the HMP," the self-anointed, superior race that posts among us.

The HMPs (high-mileage people) must condemn the normal people (deplorables) because it (apparently) is an unforgivable sin to not drive your C6 to some arbitrary number per year, as set by them. If you don't follow THEIR rules, you are up for ridicule, scorn, hatred, and condemnation. But it does not go both ways. We deplorables just live our lives, leaving others to do as they please.

The minimum miles required per year for salvation, as set by The Chosen Ones, is unknown but we deplorables don't care and we were completely unaware of this juvenile religion until we came to the Corvette Forum. It does not seem to exist ANYWHERE in real life. We do not have the same hatred towards them, and don't really care what they do.

But when school lets out for the summer, the internet is often flooded with loonies so no surprise that this thread popped up again. The HMPs never seem to get their HS diplomas.

There's a good chance I may not look at my Vette today either, so that will be TWO DAYS IN A ROW!

Attachment 48332108 Attachment 48332108

Last edited by Bruze; 06-24-2018 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:32 AM
jaybee924
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by J3TVETTE
I drive mine and look at others.
I agree the stares are hilarious!!!
Old 06-24-2018, 10:51 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

I dunno.....this is a tough question (). I kinda drive mine when ever I want to. Not sure if thats the right answer or not. I hope it is. I personally don't like driving it all the time for several reasons with the main one being I don't want to "milk the cow" of enjoyment too often. In simpler terms, if I drove it all the time the enjoyment factor is diminished somewhat. Of course there are those that like to sprout off about how if they drove their vette every day for 20 years and 10 hours a day they would enjoy the last day as much as the first. Well good for them...but I say doodley squat to that. That goes against the laws of human nature....LOL. Due to the mid-west weather I have to park mine more or less from about Nov - Feb. Now I like driving it in October very much.....but I like driving it in April a hell of a lot more because it's been sitting all winter and I ain't been in it for almost 5 months. Thats my story and i'm stickun with it !!!!.....WHO-RAHAAAAA !!!!!!

Last edited by windyC6; 06-24-2018 at 10:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Jstan2014 (06-27-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 10:53 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Drive or don’t drive...just enjoy what you have as you go through life.

one journey one trip...
Old 06-24-2018, 11:10 AM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by windyC6
I dunno.....this is a tough question (). I kinda drive mine when ever I want to. Not sure if thats the right answer or not. I hope it is. I personally don't like driving it all the time for several reasons with the main one being I don't want to "milk the cow" of enjoyment too often. In simpler terms, if I drove it all the time the enjoyment factor is diminished somewhat. Of course there are those that like to sprout off about how if they drove their vette every day for 20 years and 10 hours a day they would enjoy the last day as much as the first. Well good for them...but I say doodley squat to that. That goes against the laws of human nature....LOL. Due to the mid-west weather I have to park mine more or less from about Nov - Feb. Now I like driving it in October very much.....but I like driving it in April a hell of a lot more because it's been sitting all winter and I ain't been in it for almost 5 months. Thats my story and i'm stickun with it !!!!.....WHO-RAHAAAAA !!!!!!
Agree on ALL points. Attachment 48331950
Jstan2014 (06-27-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 11:26 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,350 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by owc6
You cant use the same planter in the woods twice in one week. Thems the new rules on the new site.
Whaaaat???

Bruze (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 11:37 AM
Null Pointer
Exception ID 10T
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 506 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by windyC6
I dunno.....this is a tough question (). I kinda drive mine when ever I want to. Not sure if thats the right answer or not. I hope it is.
The vette is for having fun. Since it is not my daily driver it doesn't see a lot of miles. I drive mine when I have somewhere to go, or sometimes even with no particular place to go (thnx Chuck Berry), and the weather is nice. I bought a vert to drive with the top down, so I avoid driving it if rain is in the area, which happens a lot this time of year here in Florida. However, I have driven it in the rain, and believe it or not I found that it didn't dissolve into a singular lump of plastic, steel, aluminum, foam, and fabric.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:51 AM
BLEKVET
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 150 Posts

I look at it while I’m driving it.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:57 AM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I just took mine for a ride. I can now park it until 2019!
Old 06-24-2018, 01:00 PM
vezePilot
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 68 Posts

I've only had mine less than two weeks. There are excuses to drive it coming out of the woodwork. Like now, we just finished adding sand to some asphalt patch in that rut at the end of the driveway. My front air dam was catching the pavement every time I backed out. Now I need to go out and test the patch. And of course the long way around the scenic route will take at least a half hour ...

Also, for those who say that they do occasionally look at their Corvette, it seems like we should see more photos. It's true, some of you folks may be even older than me, and are concerned that your iPhone will run out of film.
But trust me ... or ask one of the youngins ...

Last edited by vezePilot; 06-24-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Do you drive your Vette or just look at it?

Old 06-24-2018, 03:01 PM
ZERRY 316
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by 45gunner
I belong to a Car Club where many members own Corvettes. Some only take theirs out on Sunday for a short drive and only if it isn't raining. A few, like myself, drive it all the time. In other words, a daily driver. Another friend bought a 1963 Coupe and had a frame up restoration. It took three years. Now it only comes out of his garage for car shows. Seems to me for all the money these cars cost, they should be driven.

Do you drive yours or do you wax it and admire it without doing a lot of driving? If you don't drive it, why not?
This is not a proper question because it is not your concern what I do IF it does not affect you. My car, house, boat, airplane, whatever is mine to do with ever pleases ME. Have a nice day and don't bother me and I won't bother you.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:59 PM
zeeohsix
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 45gunner
I belong to a Car Club where many members own Corvettes. Some only take theirs out on Sunday for a short drive and only if it isn't raining. A few, like myself, drive it all the time. In other words, a daily driver. Another friend bought a 1963 Coupe and had a frame up restoration. It took three years. Now it only comes out of his garage for car shows. Seems to me for all the money these cars cost, they should be driven.

Do you drive yours or do you wax it and admire it without doing a lot of driving? If you don't drive it, why not?
I drive my Vette daily, except in Winter. All the Vettes I've owned would be considered high mileage by the trailer crowd. Never been to a show except as a spectator.
Old 06-24-2018, 04:05 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by ZERRY 316
This is not a proper question because it is not your concern what I do IF it does not affect you. My car, house, boat, airplane, whatever is mine to do with ever pleases ME. Have a nice day and don't bother me and I won't bother you.

Quick Reply: Do you drive your Vette or just look at it?