1LT driver power seat kaput - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1LT driver power seat kaput

Reply

 
 
 
Old 07-04-2018, 11:18 PM
  #1  
Montanajim
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: May 2008
Posts: 125
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 1LT driver power seat kaput

My '08 coupe is a basic 1LT 6 speed. The power driver seat is out of action. Nothing happens when the seat button is used. No obvious wires loose. Is there a fuse I should check? Where do I begin?

I seldom change the seat but today on a long drive through Glacier Park I tried to change position for a bit, that's when I noticed the seat is not working. Don't know how long this has been an issue. The car is used infrequently only during our short summers in Montana, and has only 11,000 miles on it. Seems like the seat parts should last a bit longer than that...

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Montanajim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:09 AM
  #2  
Cherokee Nation
CF Senior Member
 
Cherokee Nation's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: corpus christi Texas
Posts: 5,462
Thanked 164 Times in 157 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Montanajim View Post
My '08 coupe is a basic 1LT 6 speed. The power driver seat is out of action. Nothing happens when the seat button is used. No obvious wires loose. Is there a fuse I should check? Where do I begin?

I seldom change the seat but today on a long drive through Glacier Park I tried to change position for a bit, that's when I noticed the seat is not working. Don't know how long this has been an issue. The car is used infrequently only during our short summers in Montana, and has only 11,000 miles on it. Seems like the seat parts should last a bit longer than that...

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Check for a fuse under the passenger side carpet.
Cherokee Nation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 06:20 AM
  #3  
Jimmy W1
CF Senior Member
 
Jimmy W1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2012
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 766
Thanks: 0
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Mine just quit last week, too. Everything works except the back and forth mode. I thought maybe the motor was unplugged. Then when I was driving it the seat went forward to where the automatic setting was. So now I'm figuring either the connection is loose or the button is bad.

I'll get to it eventually.

Jimmy W1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:32 PM
  #4  
Montanajim
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: May 2008
Posts: 125
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation View Post
Check for a fuse under the passenger side carpet.
Thanks for the tip, I'll start digging around there to see if a bad fuse is the problem before I take it back to the dealer.

Jim
Montanajim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:18 PM
  #5  
Montanajim
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: May 2008
Posts: 125
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation View Post
Check for a fuse under the passenger side carpet.
Checked the interior fuse box and found a 30a circuit breaker for the seat. Swapped it with another identical 30a breaker but no luck. Only other fuse in the box is a 20a one for a non-existant driver seat heater and it is also OK.

Made a dealer service appointment for next week. Any other suggestions I can check before then?

Thanks,

Jim
Montanajim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:21 AM
  #6  
Cherokee Nation
CF Senior Member
 
Cherokee Nation's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: corpus christi Texas
Posts: 5,462
Thanked 164 Times in 157 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Montanajim View Post
Checked the interior fuse box and found a 30a circuit breaker for the seat. Swapped it with another identical 30a breaker but no luck. Only other fuse in the box is a 20a one for a non-existant driver seat heater and it is also OK.

Made a dealer service appointment for next week. Any other suggestions I can check before then?

Thanks,

Jim
There is also a power modelur mounted to your seat frame.My was replaced on my 08 under warranty the seat has to be removed to replace it..PITA
Cherokee Nation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:45 AM
  #7  
PCMusicGuy
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Apr 2007
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 3,019
Thanked 66 Times in 47 Posts
Default

The switch that controls the seat movement is built into two separate parts, the inner electrical part and the outer shell with the pieces that actuate it. What happened to mine is that the switch separated and the inner portion kind of fell away from the outer switch. A new switch from the dealer was around $125, so instead, I pulled my seat, remove the switch, found the little piece of plastic that broke and glued it back together. It worked just fine after that.
PCMusicGuy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:56 PM
  #8  
Montanajim
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: May 2008
Posts: 125
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation View Post
There is also a power modelur mounted to your seat frame.My was replaced on my 08 under warranty the seat has to be removed to replace it..PITA
I suspect the module may be the problem, didn’t know there was one under there. Everything looks OK from what I can see beneath the seat, no loose wire connections or other broken bits laying about. The switch appears to be solid with nothing to indicate a problem. It is probably one of those “black box” gremlins that can be traced back to the low bidder attitude for parts suppliers.

Thanks,

Jim
Montanajim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 01:18 AM
  #9  
Cherokee Nation
CF Senior Member
 
Cherokee Nation's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: corpus christi Texas
Posts: 5,462
Thanked 164 Times in 157 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Montanajim View Post
I suspect the module may be the problem, didn’t know there was one under there. Everything looks OK from what I can see beneath the seat, no loose wire connections or other broken bits laying about. The switch appears to be solid with nothing to indicate a problem. It is probably one of those “black box” gremlins that can be traced back to the low bidder attitude for parts suppliers.

Thanks,

Jim
You can get one online....Made In China"
Cherokee Nation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:57 PM
  #10  
Montanajim
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: May 2008
Posts: 125
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation View Post
You can get one online....Made In China"
Dealer visit was pretty painless at $125; the tech checked the system and found a loose wire to the switch. Reconnected and made sure it was locked on tight so it won't come loose again. All in all it could have been much worse and more costly. I've had only 2 issues with this car in 10 years of ownership. First was a clunky rear which a fluid change, under warranty, cured, and now the loose seat wire. Pretty darned good.
Montanajim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:02 PM
  #11  
Vet Interested
CF Senior Member
 
Vet Interested's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: (R. Bernardo) San Diego, California
Posts: 3,131
Thanked 317 Times in 252 Posts
Default

Glad ya got it fixed.Now go DRIVE IT!
Vet Interested is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:29 PM
  #12  
Cherokee Nation
CF Senior Member
 
Cherokee Nation's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: corpus christi Texas
Posts: 5,462
Thanked 164 Times in 157 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Montanajim View Post


Dealer visit was pretty painless at $125; the tech checked the system and found a loose wire to the switch. Reconnected and made sure it was locked on tight so it won't come loose again. All in all it could have been much worse and more costly. I've had only 2 issues with this car in 10 years of ownership. First was a clunky rear which a fluid change, under warranty, cured, and now the loose seat wire. Pretty darned good.
Great to hear that.
Cherokee Nation is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: