C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lightweight seat question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 03:39 PM
yellowzron
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 333 Likes on 195 Posts

Default Lightweight seat question.

Ok i am looking for a super light weight seat, its gonna be for the pass side only. The pass seat weighs about 54 lbs, and i want to lighten the car up a bit. I have a 10 gs making 702 to the wheels. Yes I want to lighten it up as much as possible. I dont care if the pass is uncomfortable, but that being said i wont change drivers seat.

So the question is, who has changed any of thier seats or seat, to the lightest possible, and I am looking for one that is direct fit, no fabrication. If I can save 30-35 lbs that's alot to me. Yes its kinda dumb but I would like to have a seat on the pass side. I did do research but i am having problems finding weights for the aftermarket seats.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:55 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by yellowzron
Ok i am looking for a super light weight seat, its gonna be for the pass side only. The pass seat weighs about 54 lbs, and i want to lighten the car up a bit. I have a 10 gs making 702 to the wheels. Yes I want to lighten it up as much as possible. I dont care if the pass is uncomfortable, but that being said i wont change drivers seat.

So the question is, who has changed any of thier seats or seat, to the lightest possible, and I am looking for one that is direct fit, no fabrication. If I can save 30-35 lbs that's alot to me. Yes its kinda dumb but I would like to have a seat on the pass side. I did do research but i am having problems finding weights for the aftermarket seats.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ight-list.html
Old 07-14-2018, 10:25 PM
c5wolf
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 61 Posts

Take into count that most of the weight is going to be the stock mounts and motors. The lightweight seat will save weight but not a whole lot with stock brackets.
The following users liked this post:
yellowzron (07-15-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Lightweight seat question.

Quick Reply: Lightweight seat question.