C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replaced SDM Module

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 09:38 PM
SladeX
Melting Slicks

Received 833 Likes on 607 Posts
Default Replaced SDM Module

So on my C6 05, I replaced the SDM module due to a B0051 SDM deployment commanded code. After the repair, on startup I found no more codes. Air bag light is cleared. I was expecting BCM code B1001 indicating incorrectly pair SDM module with BCM.

I'll take the car out for a drive to work tomorrow and see if the B1001 code will appear after a drive.

My impression was that any replacement SDM would not work correctly with the BCM until programmed in. Anyone knowledgeable on the quirky 05s to know if you can get away with swapping the SDM with no problems?

Last edited by SladeX; 10-02-2018 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:26 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Would still go in to SDM set up with a tech II to make sure it configured correctly.

As for the replacement sdm, sounds like is came programmed "virgin" correctly, and BCM will marry it from the first GM lan bus check on start up. The Re-sps flashing is more for if the module was pulled out of another car already married, and needs to be remarried isntead with SPS flesh firmware flash.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:48 PM
SladeX
Melting Slicks

Received 833 Likes on 607 Posts

I checked with my Tech 2 software and found no codes in the system so I guess no need to reprogram. Feels good to drive now knowing I have airbag functionality.

I guess my understanding was the BCM pairs to the SDM, not the SDM to the BCM. Makes sense now as to what happened.

My concern is why the old one tripped up and got a SDM deployment code in the first place. I'm going to look around to see if anyone locally can read it and get the so called event data which made it think it deployed or if it was a general failure of the part.

Last edited by SladeX; 10-03-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Replaced SDM Module

Quick Reply: Replaced SDM Module