C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frame Damage? Car Law Firm legit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 01:39 PM
Zr6xChris
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Frame Damage? Car Law Firm legit?

So this is the second time I have received this in the mail and this has me concerned. I bought my car from a privately owned dealership and the title is clean, car fax is clean. So I'm wondering if anyone else has recieved one of these or if it's even legitimate?
Old 10-07-2018, 01:50 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Scam.
The following 2 users liked this post by EVRose:
FAUEE (04-06-2023), Landru (04-06-2023)
Old 10-07-2018, 01:51 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

From what I was able to gather from a quick Web search they do appear to be a legit firm. Give them a call and see what they say; the letter says even if they take the case you have no out of pocket so you have nothing to lose.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:05 PM
Zr6xChris
Instructor

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
From what I was able to gather from a quick Web search they do appear to be a legit firm. Give them a call and see what they say; the letter says even if they take the case you have no out of pocket so you have nothing to lose.
If I do take the case, you think anything will change under my ownership of the car? Stats?
Old 10-07-2018, 02:16 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by Zr6xChris
If I do take the case, you think anything will change under my ownership of the car? Stats?
That would depend if there was actually frame damage reported at some point, and then covered up by an unscrupulous dealer. If there actually is some, you would probably receive a settlement, but the value of the car would take a huge hit.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:44 PM
Zr6xChris
Instructor

That would depend if there was actually frame damage reported at some point, and then covered up by an unscrupulous dealer. If there actually is some, you would probably receive a settlement, but the value of the car would take a huge hit.
right! I don't ever plan on selling the car so this should be something I should call into action
Old 10-07-2018, 03:58 PM
Zr6xChris
Instructor

hmmm maybe insurance might increase though
Old 10-07-2018, 05:24 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I think you'd better have some good numbers person nearby. Why? I have a feeling after all the pluses and minuses are added up it could be a net loss to you whether it's the resale value of the car, the fact that it might be uninsurable, or rates to rise, etc.

This law firm may have an actual address, but if you have a lawyer in the family, or even a legal dept. at work, ask someone to do some research on the firm as to who they are, what they do, their attorneys' backgrounds, etc. No law firm is taking this on to help just you, or any group for no compensation to them.

If you've ever been involved in a class-action suit for companies re their stock, the payout is paltry and not worth the time you, personally, spend on it. But, for someone with millions or tens of millions of shares, it is worth their time. Your decision to make.
The following users liked this post:
Landru (04-06-2023)
Old 10-07-2018, 05:38 PM
Zr6xChris
Instructor

Originally Posted by AORoads
I think you'd better have some good numbers person nearby. Why? I have a feeling after all the pluses and minuses are added up it could be a net loss to you whether it's the resale value of the car, the fact that it might be uninsurable, or rates to rise, etc.

This law firm may have an actual address, but if you have a lawyer in the family, or even a legal dept. at work, ask someone to do some research on the firm as to who they are, what they do, their attorneys' backgrounds, etc. No law firm is taking this on to help just you, or any group for no compensation to them.

If you've ever been involved in a class-action suit for companies re their stock, the payout is paltry and not worth the time you, personally, spend on it. But, for someone with millions or tens of millions of shares, it is worth their time. Your decision to make.
You definitely make very good points and advice. Im going to look more into the firm before making any moves. Thanks for the info guys, really.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:39 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,020 Likes on 2,175 Posts

Edited to point that that the whole thing screams of total scam with a little more digging !!!!!!!

Last edited by Dano523; 10-07-2018 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:31 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Look at the name of the guy thanking everyone on yelp. I guarantee all of those 5 star reviews are fake.

https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports...-or-fa-1077894

Last edited by EVRose; 10-07-2018 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:02 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Then there's this. Case dismissed due to technicality but look at the charges.

"The defendants were charged with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, eight counts of mail fraud and 13 counts of wire fraud. They were alleged to have caused life insurance companies to issue more than $50 million worth of policies to unqualified applicants."

http://www.sdnews.com/view/full_stor...ce=newsbullets

Last edited by EVRose; 10-07-2018 at 09:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Landru (04-06-2023)
Old 10-07-2018, 10:18 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,020 Likes on 2,175 Posts

Good catch, and looks like it more of a legal scam game for quick settlements over dealership shelling out for lawyer costs for it to go to court, than actual proof isntead.

Also, manage to find this one as well on Kasra Sadr too.
https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/sa...e-fraud-scheme
Old 04-05-2023, 07:46 PM
FrankJerrrea
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kasra Sadr and his Car Law Firm are a legit company targetting used car dealers in the San Diego area for the most part. He targets car buyers with personalized alarming letters informing them that the car they bought from you have incurred in structural or frame damage, even on a "clean" Carfax or Autocheck reports. Dealers that are using paper disclosures like Statement of Facts or the ones not using a Fraudcam disclosing software like DealerXT (go to www.dealerxt.com) are vulnerable to this claims, not only from Kasra Sadr but from lawyers like Robert Starr who also uses those he-said she-said claims saying that the dealer "misrepresented the condition of the car saying that the vehicle was in great or good mechanical conditions". that's all it takes for a lawsuit to be filed against you. I would strongly suggest to have a forwarding thinking for lawsuits which are increasing.
Old 04-05-2023, 09:47 PM
vetteish
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 384 Posts

Have you put your VIN online? Most of the larger auction sites post all the info online and with pics
Old 04-06-2023, 06:38 AM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Received 1,314 Likes on 886 Posts

Ah yes, "Car Law Firm" sounds completely legitimate.

This is a total scam. How the hell would they have any idea that your car has "frame damage".

I would send them a letter telling them to f'ck off. I would also report them to the BBB and report the scam to the FTC.
Old 04-06-2023, 07:06 AM
StayinStock
Safety Car

Received 3,354 Likes on 1,627 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I dunno whats sketchier, the original letter or someone dead threaded this after 5 years to say its legit with 1 post.... seems a lil fishy
The following 2 users liked this post by StayinStock:
FAUEE (04-06-2023), Landru (04-06-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 08:09 AM
FatsWaller
Safety Car

Received 1,789 Likes on 1,148 Posts

https://madisonlawapc.com/kasra-sadr...st-him-denied/

Intro in the above link "In May of 2020, Madison Law, APC filed a lawsuit seeking to prevent Kasra Sadr and the Car Law Firm from directly or indirectly accessing the DMV’s confidential database for commercial purposes. It is alleged that Sadr conspired to acquire the plaintiffs’ personal and private records from the DMV in order to sue car dealerships via mailings sent directly to purchasers.Sadr filed a motion to have the lawsuit dismissed on the basis that, among other things, the bringing of this action violated his constitutional rights. In a recently issued Memorandum and Order, the United States District Court, Eastern District of California has denied the motion in full. This ruling clears the path for the lawsuit against Sadr to move forward towards trial."

No idea where the lawsuit stands at this point, and presumably the OP figured out what to do 5 years ago.

Get notified of new replies

To Frame Damage? Car Law Firm legit?

Quick Reply: Frame Damage? Car Law Firm legit?