C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are there any unmolested C6's out there

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 04:26 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Hodge508
Thanks for the info. I'm quite picky. I dont want a convertible. I dont really care what engine or suspension package it has but I dont want a Z06. I would prefer victory red or artic white with black interior. I'm not opposed to traveling to get it. But that brings up a whole different topic. How do you trust what people are telling you before you fly across country to get it and drive it home.
You limited yourself to a rather small portion of C6 production. M6 are about 1/3 of the total. Coupes cut that number by another 1/3. Victory Red & Arctic White were less than 30%, although a black interior was fairly popular, especially on the lower priced dealer ordered models. Not many garage queens fit your description, since they tend to be fairly well loaded with options and A6 was a primary one. M6 cars tend to be driven more and modded more, because the owners were more performance minded. I'm sure there is a needle in the haystack somewhere, but you gotta ask yourself how much of your life do you want to spend looking vs driving. Why not buy something that's somewhat reasonable now and drive it until you find your nearly brand new older dream car?

I bought my '08 new from a dealer 2,000 miles from home. On the flight there, my wife asked "What if you don't like it". I said "I'll find that out on the way home and if I don't like it I'll know by then and sell it". Yes, I still have it after 154K miles of smiles and fun. Are you prepared to bail out if you drive one cross-country and find out it's not the car you expected?
Old 10-22-2018, 05:40 PM
TucoTom
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

I just purchased an unmolested 2007 Convertible at a good price with low miles, but I doubt I can resist not adding modifications......Different mindset!
Old 10-22-2018, 05:41 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,452 Likes on 2,805 Posts

Originally Posted by 919cw313
I couldn't disagree more.
I'm with you. Hunting for cars sucks. My time is worth more to me than waiting even another month for the car I want. If the car is 1000 bucks more than you want to pay but it's what you want and available now, screw it why waste weeks or months of life not having what you want?
Old 10-22-2018, 06:26 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by FAUEE
I'm with you. Hunting for cars sucks. My time is worth more to me than waiting even another month for the car I want. If the car is 1000 bucks more than you want to pay but it's what you want and available now, screw it why waste weeks or months of life not having what you want?
I agree with all your points.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:08 PM
vara411
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I had your exact same search criteria PLUS:
- Had to be at least 4 years old (as a good chunk of depreciation occurs in that time)
- Low miles
- Had to be an M6... and 3LT/4LT... and F55 magnetic ride.

I scoured the forums every day for a few months and was willing to travel just about anywhere in the country to get her. That's when I found my 2008 M6 3LT F55 garage queen in October 2013... in South Carolina. I live in Texas.

15K miles, fully stock (but with nice goodies thrown in!), cared for by a really cool ex-military guy. I happily drove it back to Texas, never stopping to think if I should have paid less (I thought it was a very fair price). The car was - and still is - precisely everything I wanted.

My advice? Just like CWIC implied, don't bother haggling too much, if at all. After a long search you will be convinced that you got what you wanted.

Best of luck!

Last edited by vara411; 10-22-2018 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:22 PM
AV8TOR536
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My 05 Z51 has 35,000 miles on it and bone stock and will stay that way,but not for sale.

Last edited by AV8TOR536; 10-25-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:48 PM
hogfanandy
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

I have had an unmolested '12 CE M6 for a year now. I swore to myself I wouldn't mod it at all when I bought it. Over the last couple of months, my mind is beginning to change. Unfortunately, once I open that can of worms, there will be no going back. One of my best qualities AND worst faults is that when I do something, I don't do it halfway. In the case of modding a car that is a toy, that can lead itself to a lot of wasted money.

Back on topic...I believe there are plenty of Vettes out there that meet your criteria. As some have said, and others disagreed with, to me shopping for the "right" car for a year was a whole lot of fun. And to your question on buying a car that is not in your geographical area....the car I bought was located about 6 hours from me. I drove to meet the owner prepared to buy and prepared to walk. Just do a thorough job of vetting on the phone and through pictures. Seek help/advice from others if possible, and have a plan when you go to inspect a vehicle.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:37 PM
Jim2003
Safety Car

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

My 2013 C6 bass coupe M6 is totally stock. It is just as it can off the line in Bowling Green. I ordered it and it now has 33K on it. I had a 2003 C5 totally stock. I traded it in on my C6. Many of us keep the cars totally stock. My C6 is not for sale, sorry.

I only keep cars totally stock. I have a 1968 Camaro that I ordered and got in April of 1968. It now has 206K miles on it. It has been totally restored with all original parts. My kids grew up in the back seat so the interior was ragged out. I got all sorts of people wanting to buy it at the local cars shows. The street rod nationals are held here in Louisville, so it gets lots of looks out there.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:52 PM
Frankie2blue
Melting Slicks

Received 272 Likes on 144 Posts

I think there are lots of stock unmolsested C6’s out there. It’s just a matter of finding the right one for sale at the right time. My 2008 Z06 is totally stock with 12500 miles and Its perfect. Only things I changed were addition of GM carbon hood and some leather pieces and MGW shifter I retained the original pieces. All those mods can be put back to original sock in an hour. I would never buy a modded car myself.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:10 PM
dblais
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My 05

Never been washed. Wet wipe only and taken out on totally dry days. Best vette yet and I have owned 5 over the years. 1967 was my first.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:18 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Originally Posted by Hodge508
I'm looking for my first Corvette. I want a C6 M6 totally unmolested. Reasonable miles and mint condition. Seems like all of them have mods of some sort. I know people seem to hate garage queens but that's what I'm looking for. Just a Sunday cruiser. Seems impossible to find something stock. Are they out there??
i have a 2013 Arctic White Z06 2LZ with about 15k miles I am debating on selling to use the money toward a new home build. See my photos. If you are on a mobile phone, click FORUMS and there is a photo of my Z06 as well.

100% Unmolested to include the heads.

Last edited by WICKEDFRC; 10-26-2018 at 08:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Are there any unmolested C6's out there