C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2008 vette was broken into today???

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 10:38 PM
GRCTampa
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by moose.b3
Sorry for your troubles Cherokee Nation. But am I the only one who butt (or thigh) dials the fob so the damn alarm goes off? Usually at the worst time possible! Like last Sept. on the starting grid for the Silver State Classic Challenge, embarrassing to say the least. I've never accidentally opened the hatch.
Looking forward to hearing how the thieves got in your car.
This happens to me as well. What’s worse is the alarm doesn’t turn off regardless of me “pressing any other button on the keyless access transmitter to stop it.” (Page 3-6 2011 owners manual)
Old 02-04-2019, 11:42 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by owc6
You are correct, there needs to be a recognized fob in the car in order to put it into acc. The most it will do is give you a message that there is no fob detected.
Originally Posted by EVRose
I was about to go to the garage and test it so thanks for that ow!
Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
I tested my this A/M and No Fob..No Acc mode.
OK, I just tested mine and also can't get the acc mode on without the fob either. It just beeps once and never lights up anything when I push the button with a rod from an opened hatch. I know I didn't have his fob and I know I didn't find one when I cleaned out his car, so I'm lost as to how that happened. He died last November, so I can't ask him. The only thoughts I have now, are that there was a fob under a seat or in a place I couldn't reach while the car was still on the trailer.
Sorry for all the confusion it caused everyone, but now I'm the one left with an unsolvable mystery.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:47 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
OK, I just tested mine and also can't get the acc mode on without the fob either. It just beeps once and never lights up anything when I push the button with a rod from an opened hatch. I know I didn't have his fob and I know I didn't find one when I cleaned out his car, so I'm lost as to how that happened. He died last November, so I can't ask him. The only thoughts I have now, are that there was a fob under a seat or in a place I couldn't reach while the car was still on the trailer.
Sorry for all the confusion it caused everyone, but now I'm the one left with an unsolvable mystery.
Same here on the mystery entry to my car.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:52 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Vette_DD
Each of my last 6 Vettes sat under a carport. My first Vette didn't even have that. It sat out in the open in front of my house - it was the only one stolen.
A carport is better than nothing.............
Old 02-04-2019, 11:56 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by GRCTampa

This happens to me as well. What’s worse is the alarm doesn’t turn off regardless of me “pressing any other button on the keyless access transmitter to stop it.” (Page 3-6 2011 owners manual)
On my 2008 I can push the unlock button and that will shut it down...Give it a test.

Quick Reply: My 2008 vette was broken into today???