C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c-6 won't start.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 06:36 PM
racerbug
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default c-6 won't start.

Good day guy's. Here is my problem. I went out in the car stooped at a store when I got back in it it started went into rev. but then didn't come out. i looked in the console and that was fine so I look under and found the cable off due to heat. put it back on but now can't the shiftier into park to start the car.I have held the neutral safety switch in on the shiftier and it just clicks.Is there any thing in the shiftier that can cause this?
Old 02-08-2019, 07:15 PM
C2C3C4C6
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 54 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by racerbug
Good day guy's. Here is my problem. I went out in the car stooped at a store when I got back in it it started went into rev. but then didn't come out. i looked in the console and that was fine so I look under and found the cable off due to heat. put it back on but now can't the shiftier into park to start the car.I have held the neutral safety switch in on the shiftier and it just clicks.Is there any thing in the shiftier that can cause this?
What year is your C6? I had 2005 that had a shifter that would not come out of park, had to press down on a metal "pall" on the right side of shifter to release. Finally would not stay in park had to replace the entire shift unit, cost about $600.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:09 AM
racerbug
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default c-6 won' start

The car is a 2006 my neighbor has a 2005 and it is a different type shiftier.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:42 PM
Tuna Goat
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

if the shifter cant go into park then the lever on the trans is not in park ?(still in reverse) I know on the 6l80 the electronics(internal mode switch) in the trans will will not let the car start unless it really is in park, no matter what you do with the shifter.

Get notified of new replies

To c-6 won't start.

Quick Reply: c-6 won't start.