C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keep your C6 or go for a c7 or c8?

Old 04-19-2019, 02:36 PM
JerriVette
CF Senior Member

Liked 960 Times in 663 Posts

D
Originally Posted by dpigguy View Post
Depends if you’re paying or not . If you’re paying, I’ll send you my specs via a PM. If not, I’ll keep my old 2008 as I don’t have the $165k for a C8 and I don’t care for the look of the C7.
did you miss the memo? Of course Im buying every member here a 70 grand c8 z51 fe4 1lt..

if you must have a 2 LT or 3LT thats on you.

sure the c8 is almost double the price many of us paid for our c6 s new way back when...

i did a little research and saw back in november of 2017 GM was selling 2017 c7 s with a 25 percent discount through many of our supporting vendors here..(brand spanking new)
lthat was a hell of a deal...no reason to think that wont be repeated as the c7 production whines down..l

considering the 500 hp c8 dct should land around 70 with the z51 and mrc...many of us will at least have to consider c7 z06 manuals that list around 88 grand for the discounted rate of 66 grand..(four grand less than a c8 z51 dct z51 with mrc)

so far Ive personally put on 132k miles since new on my 2008 c6 z51 m6 and its still in excellent condition...

hard to give up this A ticket ride that just does it all....

but time marches on...and eventually many of us need to at least weigh our options

thanks for the laighs and the honest insight of course.

Last edited by JerriVette; 04-19-2019 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:45 PM
JerriVette
CF Senior Member

Liked 960 Times in 663 Posts

Btw we are already seeing c7 z06 s preowned on autotempest in the low 50s...occassionally and supposedly with clean carfax reports throughout the country and thats always an excellent option as well.

Ive never bought a preowned corvette and i was telling myself for a few past years Id finally dive into the preowned car game as corvettes truly are one brand of vehicle where the owner base takes amazing care of the vehicles...

the owner ship base is not always but quite often manical at how well they care for their corvettes...

low fifties is coming and many many of the cars are in excellent condition...of course no warranty but still this is tempting as well.

just shooting the breeze...
Old 04-19-2019, 05:13 PM
Laguna Fred
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 207 Times in 158 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette View Post
Btw we are already seeing c7 z06 s preowned on autotempest in the low 50s...occassionally and supposedly with clean carfax reports throughout the country and thats always an excellent option as well.

Ive never bought a preowned corvette and i was telling myself for a few past years Id finally dive into the preowned car game as corvettes truly are one brand of vehicle where the owner base takes amazing care of the vehicles...

the owner ship base is not always but quite often manical at how well they care for their corvettes...

low fifties is coming and many many of the cars are in excellent condition...of course no warranty but still this is tempting as well.

just shooting the breeze...
I like your style.

All of my Vettes have been used -- but they ALL felt new to me. The market tells me the beauty I now own is worth the $41K I paid for it. That's with another 4 years and 50K miles of bumper to bumper aftermarket warranty. The prior (and original) owner actually used the car enthusiastically, but it was still an anally-maintained, garage-kept example. You had to REALLY go over it carefully to see it was not brand new.

20K mile ago it listed for $75K and probably sold new for >$60K. At a minimum, somebody else took roughly $1/mile depreciation. To me, that's a crazy-high price/mile.

I really went into this go-round (my 6th) with the intention of buying a new one. My wife was right there with me. But, when I did some analysis, and realized how much "newness" would wind up costing me in 5 or so years when I go for a C8 (or maybe a Z06 if the C8 does not do it for me), PLUS how much in the way of "nice stuff" I'd be giving up, well that changed my mind completely. And my next Vette? It too will excite me every bit as much as if it were brand new...

Good luck and enjoy the process...

Last edited by Laguna Fred; 04-19-2019 at 05:14 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Laguna Fred:
JerriVette (04-19-2019), myredhead1 (04-19-2019)
Old 04-19-2019, 08:44 PM
449er
CF Senior Member

Liked 293 Times in 249 Posts

Nope, No interest in "upgrading" my C6 427 Vert. I love the body style & never warmed up to the C7s. C8? Chevrolet has their asses way out there with this car, a complete and total change from what we are used to, I hope it works
Old 04-19-2019, 10:34 PM
blackvetterzo6
CF Senior Member

Liked 64 Times in 52 Posts

I’m on my 2nd C6 ZR1, not letting it go this time. Sold my last one, still the best looking Vette I’ve think they have made. The C7-ZR1 is nice, but that wing in back is hideous, and I’ve never liked the C7 period. ZR1 is my last sports car, unless the C8 is something really outstanding.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:14 AM
hawkgfr
CF Senior Member

Liked 105 Times in 91 Posts

No plans for c8....In Vettes I've had 5 c6's and 1 c7...Who knows what will be next but for now I am planning on keeping my recently purchased 2012 c6..
Old 04-20-2019, 01:07 AM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

Liked 224 Times in 184 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I really like my C6. I may be going through some maintenance issues right now but the bottom line is I love the car. I don't know that they make a C7 that would convince me to trade even up. Forget the years and all that bullshit, I dislike the outside that much. I do recognize they are an awesome car but I don't like the way they look. And I really like the way my 427 looks.

When it comes to the C8 on the other hand, I'm not sure if I can justify that. I'm pretty much of the opinion that I need to keep the 427 and buy another car outright and that really really is a stretch. I'm going to have to have some new kind of Woody before I plunk down the money for a C8. The odds of me buying a C7 even at 25% off is basically zero at this point. As much as I would like to update I simply dislike them that much. No disrespect to the people who have them because I do think they're an awesome car but they're not for me.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:58 AM
Boostedsvt
CF Senior Member

Liked 35 Times in 30 Posts

My C6 is a toy, not my daily driver. Sure we all lust after something different from time to time but in my head, I have an amount, that does change sometimes, of what I consider to be the top dollar for a toy. I spent my entire budget, buying the nicest C6 I could afford after stepping away from my Mustang history. The C7 styling is too busy for my tastes. Yes, Iím sure itís a better car in every way but itís not for me. The price of a C8 will be way more than I will ever consider spending on ANY car, let alone a toy. My dreams are for a super nice SN95 Mustang with LS power, something scary fast, in addition to my C6. Iíll keep the Vette tame for cruising.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: