C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: C6 Corvette Blind Spot Mirror
Yup
65.22%
Nope
34.78%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

C6 Blind Spot Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 09:45 AM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

I'd be interested. Mirror adjustments aside, if I can get something that provides additional visibility I'll always consider it.
The following users liked this post:
Old 04-23-2019, 11:28 AM
SPSandman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by saplumr
I have those on both Corvette mirrors and even on my wife’s Yukon which has blind spot sensors and of course they don’t interfere with them.
How would a stick on mirror not interfere with the auto-dimming function on the OEM mirror? You are no longer using the OEM mirror as it is covered by the stickon. Definitely like the idea, but don't see how they would be able be stuck on the mirror and not impact the auto-dimming functioning. Unless the stick on has auto-dimming function built in to it?
Old 04-23-2019, 12:04 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by SPSandman
How would a stick on mirror not interfere with the auto-dimming function on the OEM mirror? You are no longer using the OEM mirror as it is covered by the stickon. Definitely like the idea, but don't see how they would be able be stuck on the mirror and not impact the auto-dimming functioning. Unless the stick on has auto-dimming function built in to it?
Small round ones mounted on the inside bottom corners and I can assure you they don’t interfere with ANY mirror functions.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:07 PM
SPSandman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Small round ones mounted on the inside bottom corners and I can assure you they don’t interfere with ANY mirror functions.
He was talking about the Blind Spot mirror which the vendor is debating on making which cover the entire mirror.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:30 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

He was talking about the Blind Spot mirror which the vendor is debating on making which cover the entire mirror.
I’m aware of that. Just my two cents for the people who say there is no blind spot.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:06 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts

For those with auto dimming side mirrors, what trim level do you have? I have a 1LT and just want to confirm I don't have them because while I've rarely driven my car at night, I don't recall noticing the side mirrors auto dimming.

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:19 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by crvtbb
for those with auto dimming side mirrors, what trim level do you have? I have a 1lt and just want to confirm i don't have them because while i've rarely driven my car at night, i don't recall noticing the side mirrors auto dimming.

Thanks.
3lt
Old 04-23-2019, 04:56 PM
SPSandman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by CrvtBB
For those with auto dimming side mirrors, what trim level do you have? I have a 1LT and just want to confirm I don't have them because while I've rarely driven my car at night, I don't recall noticing the side mirrors auto dimming.

Thanks.
My GS 2LT has the auto dimming mirrors. Think 2LT and above have them.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:59 PM
SPSandman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I’m aware of that. Just my two cents for the people who say there is no blind spot.
I didn't say there wasn't a blind spot, there is. Nothing like a Camaro, but his question was directly related to the topic and if the stick on mirror would remove the auto-dimming, which it would.

Just want to make sure people don't misread your statement and think the add-on mirror wouldn't remove the auto-dimming function.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:06 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I didn't say there wasn't a blind spot, there is. Nothing like a Camaro, but his question was directly related to the topic and if the stick on mirror would remove the auto-dimming, which it would.

Just want to make sure people don't misread your statement and think the add-on mirror wouldn't remove the auto-dimming function.
I didn’t realize people aren’t capable of comprehending what I said. I’m accept my reprimand.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:15 AM
Jay VT
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having had a RAM HD truck with the towing mirrors I absolutely hated that layout when the mirrors were folded down.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:33 AM
theandrewo
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts

I would buy them. Can I put a pre-order in?

I’ve contemplated putting bubble mirrors on but I l’m always hesitant as I feel they’d take up too much space without utilizing it appropriately. I’ve searched for mirrors exactly like you’re describing.

And YESS I know adjust your mirrors so that they’re facing outward blah blah blah but that just doesn’t work for me. I’ve tried it many times. Build ‘em! The market is out there!

EDIT: It would me nice to retain the auto-dimming feature, but it wouldn’t be a deal-breaker.

Last edited by theandrewo; 04-24-2019 at 02:35 AM.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:56 PM
Roadhog1956
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would be interested, I currently have the stick on and I find them useful.

Quick Reply: C6 Blind Spot Mirror