C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 aftermarket stereo

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 01:49 AM
madsonp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,757 Likes on 1,169 Posts

Originally Posted by tomzarbo
I'm about to head to the stereo shop that installed an Alpine Nav head unit in my 2011 GS Vert.
The rear camera came on when you go into reverse, but the front camera needed 4-5 button pushes/swipes and 7-10 seconds to come up... WAY too long.
That kinda sucks.Nice thing about the Pioneers is you press and hold 1 button for a second or two, and it accesses the cameras, then you can switch between front and rear, and they stay on for as long as you want until you close the page. Of course the rear camera comes on automatically also when in reverse.
The following users liked this post:
Black2011 (09-21-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 01:58 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

I have heard alot of positive things about the Pioneer as well as the Kenwood unit. I believe each one of these brands has one specific model that is preferred. Not much on the Alpine. I just know I need a CD player, HD radio, Satellite radio reception, blue tooth, and lots of provisions to hook up additional cameras. (Almost forgot a better sounding stereo system with speakers with better signal reception unless it's the factory antenna that's no good).
I guess with these aftermarket units you loose that automatic volume control that comes on the factory stereo system which is the only feature I like about factory system..
Old 07-16-2019, 02:11 AM
madsonp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by LS WON
I have heard alot of positive things about the Pioneer as well as the Kenwood unit. I believe each one of these brands has one specific model that is preferred. Not much on the Alpine. I just know I need a CD player, HD radio, Satellite radio reception, blue tooth, and lots of provisions to hook up additional cameras. (Almost forgot a better sounding stereo system with speakers with better signal reception unless it's the factory antenna that's no good).
I guess with these aftermarket units you loose that automatic volume control that comes on the factory stereo system which is the only feature I like about factory system..
What are you calling the "automatic volume control'? are you referring to where the volume automatically turns itself up or down dependent on your speed ? If so my Pioneer system has that capability.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:16 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by madsonp
What are you calling the "automatic volume control'? are you referring to where the volume automatically turns itself up or down dependent on your speed ? If so my Pioneer system has that capability.
Really? Yes I believe that is the auto volume control. As the road noise get louder so does the volumne on stereo. Thanks for telling me that. I am behind the times on these aftermarket systems with all of this Android play, Apple play, Pandora etc. I remember the regular single units like Blapunk, Sanyo, single CD player cassette players (before cellphones and GPS) that did not have these video screens or DVR screens etc.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:09 AM
SammyP
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Which pioneer or kenwood unit has wireless apple carplay? Rear backup camera? I am looking for something preferably with a **** for volume control...if not its ok I guess. Too many damn options. I do not need cd/dvd...or even navigation if the maps from my phone projects to the head unit. Somebody please help, provide link so I can make my purchase....thanks for the posts...you guys are a huge help. Love this forum.

Sammy.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:14 AM
madsonp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by SammyP
Which pioneer or kenwood unit has wireless apple carplay? Rear backup camera? I am looking for something preferably with a **** for volume control...if not its ok I guess. Too many damn options. I do not need cd/dvd...or even navigation if the maps from my phone projects to the head unit. Somebody please help, provide link so I can make my purchase....thanks for the posts...you guys are a huge help. Love this forum.

Sammy.
I suggest you look through their web site and find one with the features and price range you're looking for. https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car