C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c6 cooling fan

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2022, 11:18 AM
marcmarcjones
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default c6 cooling fan

Unpluged fan before disconecting the battery, pluged fan back up, now fan won't work ? it was working good before i unpluged it. please help
Old 04-12-2022, 12:29 PM
C6ToGo
Safety Car

Received 1,128 Likes on 700 Posts

check for power on both sides of the plug. when fan runs full speed, it draws so much current that the wire can burn through and even the plug can overheat and melt.
you may have had a wire ready to break and your action finished it off.

I jumpered the big 12v wire and by-passed the plug altogether.
Old 04-12-2022, 04:07 PM
FatsWaller
Safety Car

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,157 Posts

This diagram may help

Check for power, and ground. There's also the fan controller, which can fail. It's mounted close by on the shroud seen below the connector which is circled.

This is what a melted connector can look like, but since you had yours unplugged, I guess you would have seen if it looked something like this?

A problem is that the fan wiring seems to be under provisioned to allow it to run even at 90% for long periods. Then there's a chance the connector melts, which can be aggravated if the contacts are dirty, or corroded. Cleaning and reassembly with dielectric paste is recommended before this happens. If you bypass the connector with your own wiring, the next to take the hit is the controller. They have been know to overheat and fail.
Old 04-13-2022, 06:42 AM
vette2021
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Also check the big 60amp fuse in the box under the hood, I think it is number 25.

Get notified of new replies

To c6 cooling fan

Quick Reply: c6 cooling fan