C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NADA book values on c6 less than half of market value?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2024, 02:53 PM
badass1g
Drifting

Received 89 Likes on 68 Posts

Default NADA book values on c6 less than half of market value?!

Does anyone know what’s up with the nada book values on c6’s? For some reason it’s showing a 05 2 lt with 39k miles is full retail at 11k! Which is clearly WAY off.

It’s showing that C5 values are about twice as high as c6 values. 🤡 just curious if anyone knows what’s up with this. Thanks
Old 03-23-2024, 03:17 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,559 Likes on 2,853 Posts

Just another book worth only what it's printed on. Can't put too .much faith into them.
The following 3 users liked this post by FAUEE:
JABCAT (03-23-2024), TCW (03-24-2024), TortugaGS (03-23-2024)
Old 03-23-2024, 03:21 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,255 Likes on 709 Posts

Originally Posted by badass1g
Does anyone know what’s up with the nada book values on c6’s? For some reason it’s showing a 05 2 lt with 39k miles is full retail at 11k! Which is clearly WAY off.

It’s showing that C5 values are about twice as high as c6 values. 🤡 just curious if anyone knows what’s up with this. Thanks
How about Kelly Blue Book?
Old 03-23-2024, 03:54 PM
badass1g
Drifting

Received 89 Likes on 68 Posts

KBB is about twice as high as nada values. Which is very odd. All our banks use NADA locally.
The following users liked this post:
Diamonddave60 (03-24-2024)
Old 03-23-2024, 06:53 PM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,734 Posts

I get a Carfax report every month courtesy of the local Chevy dealership. Carfax values have been way low for at least 3 years. They say my 4LT Centennial GS vert with 30k miles is worth $24k.

Last edited by BadAV; 03-23-2024 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-23-2024, 07:13 PM
Pettrix
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

If the car gets totaled, I wonder if the insurance company will only pay out with NADA or KBB values?

No doubt, some C6's on this site for sale are completely over-priced. Some months go by and the same car is still for sale.

These cars are now pushing 10-19 years old. OEM Parts are no longer being made. These cars will cost money to keep running with harder to find parts.
TCW (03-24-2024)
Old 03-23-2024, 07:24 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Pettrix
If the car gets totaled, I wonder if the insurance company will only pay out with NADA or KBB values?

No doubt, some C6's on this site for sale are completely over-priced. Some months go by and the same car is still for sale.

These cars are now pushing 10-19 years old. OEM Parts are no longer being made. These cars will cost money to keep running with harder to find parts.
Not only OEM, but aftermarket as well.

This is going to be a real factor in pricing as time goes on. As much as I love the C6, no way I would spend 30k plus on a car where parts are getting scarcer and scarcer. YMMV

Old 03-23-2024, 09:17 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Insurance will pay as little as you let them. If you let them tell you that the car is only worth $50, that's what they'll pay you. Reality is, they have to make you whole, meaning replacement cost. They'll try to lie to you and say that's not true, but you have to fight them (or have aawyer do it).

There's no issue with getting parts for these. Can you waltz up to your local parts counter and order any part you may need? No, because it isn't 1967 anymore and that's not.how the world.works anymore. But there isn't a single part on that car that can't be replaced in some way or fashion with a little effort spent actually looking.

C6 prices aren't going to go down ever again. Maybe some slightly fluctuations here and there, maybe a few overpriced ones will go down, but they're done depreciating, especially manual ones. Values are only going up from here, get in now or.get left behind.
The following 4 users liked this post by FAUEE:
Diamonddave60 (03-24-2024), Dzv69 (03-24-2024), RocketRob (03-23-2024), TCW (03-24-2024)
Old 03-23-2024, 09:39 PM
540 vette
Race Director

Received 303 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by FAUEE
Insurance will pay as little as you let them. If you let them tell you that the car is only worth $50, that's what they'll pay you. Reality is, they have to make you whole, meaning replacement cost. They'll try to lie to you and say that's not true, but you have to fight them (or have aawyer do it).

There's no issue with getting parts for these. Can you waltz up to your local parts counter and order any part you may need? No, because it isn't 1967 anymore and that's not.how the world.works anymore. But there isn't a single part on that car that can't be replaced in some way or fashion with a little effort spent actually looking.

C6 prices aren't going to go down ever again. Maybe some slightly fluctuations here and there, maybe a few overpriced ones will go down, but they're done depreciating, especially manual ones. Values are only going up from here, get in now or.get left behind.

My car is worth $30,000 because i have declared value on my car. Plus i have unlimited mileage with my classic car insurance. Anyone that has regular insurance will one day have a problem.
JABCAT (03-24-2024)
Old 03-23-2024, 11:19 PM
gilbybarr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,909 Likes on 806 Posts

As noted, get declared value insurance to cover a specific value through one of the special interest insurance companies. Hagerty, American Collectors, etc.

Old 03-24-2024, 06:58 AM
Mr D.
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,504 Likes on 1,017 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Not only OEM, but aftermarket as well.

This is going to be a real factor in pricing as time goes on. As much as I love the C6, no way I would spend 30k plus on a car where parts are getting scarcer and scarcer. YMMV
I agree 100% with this statement, being new to the C6 world I'm coming to realize this. Given my advanced state of age hopefully I can keep this car on the road until they take my keys away. Funny that in 35 years of C2/C3 ownership I never had a parts issue or gave it a second thought.
Old 03-24-2024, 09:20 AM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

As the C8's and C7's drop (and they are and will continue to do so) the C6 will drop as well.

Like when everyone was saying at the height of Covid and car lots were empty (and this is what drove up used car prices) you were going to have to order all new cars going forward because dealers weren't going to stock their lots anymore.

Once again car lots are filling up, things slowly turning back to normal. Used car prices, including the C6, have dropped dramatically since the height of Covid.

And once again, when people have to start going to junk yards and ebay for used parts, it's not going to bode well for any used car no matter the make.

Last edited by R&L's C6; 03-24-2024 at 09:48 AM.
Pettrix (03-24-2024)
Old 03-24-2024, 10:47 AM
FAUEE
Race Director

As the C8's and C7's drop (and they are and will continue to do so) the C6 will drop as well.

Like when everyone was saying at the height of Covid and car lots were empty (and this is what drove up used car prices) you were going to have to order all new cars going forward because dealers weren't going to stock their lots anymore.

Once again car lots are filling up, things slowly turning back to normal. Used car prices, including the C6, have dropped dramatically since the height of Covid.

And once again, when people have to start going to junk yards and ebay for used parts, it's not going to bode well for any used car no matter the make.
That's not how cars work. The age for the C6 means it's turning a curve in depreciation. Much like an E39 M5 can be had for far more than an E60, or the F whatever newer ones, the cars get to a certain age and then they turn the corner and go up in value. The C6 has turned that corner.

The C7 and C8 are too new for that, and they will go down in price, and people will spend more for a very nice C6 than a mid level C7 would cost. That's how the cycle goes. You can stick your head in the sand if you want, but you're wrong. You keep harping on a out parts. If there is a need for a part, then there's money to be made, and someone will step in to fill that need and make that money. You can still get a variety of optisparks to this day, and those are on cars another decade or more older.
Old 03-24-2024, 11:19 AM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

That's not how cars work. The age for the C6 means it's turning a curve in depreciation. Much like an E39 M5 can be had for far more than an E60, or the F whatever newer ones, the cars get to a certain age and then they turn the corner and go up in value. The C6 has turned that corner.

The C7 and C8 are too new for that, and they will go down in price, and people will spend more for a very nice C6 than a mid level C7 would cost. That's how the cycle goes. You can stick your head in the sand if you want, but you're wrong. You keep harping on a out parts. If there is a need for a part, then there's money to be made, and someone will step in to fill that need and make that money. You can still get a variety of optisparks to this day, and those are on cars another decade or more older.
Sure.......this thread will be fun to resurrect a year from now.
Old 03-24-2024, 11:43 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 9,056 Likes on 4,356 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by gilbybarr
As noted, get declared value insurance to cover a specific value through one of the special interest insurance companies. Hagerty, American Collectors, etc.
As long as you have another daily driver this is good advice. My C6 is on a collector insurance policy with an agreed value because 1. One could argue it is a rare collector car and 2. I have other vehicles for daily driving duties.
Old 03-24-2024, 12:46 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Sure.......this thread will be fun to resurrect a year from now.
People have been saying what you've said for like, 5 years at this point and been wrong. The good C6s, especially those with manuals, are only gonna keep going up in value.

Frankly, I think theres only one V8 manual vehicle left for sale now, and that's the Mustang. I guess the CT5VBW as well, but that's a big sedan, kinda not the same thing.
Old 03-24-2024, 01:47 PM
VINAL13
Pro

Received 351 Likes on 205 Posts

I agree, last week I drove over to Houston to visit a friend, she is interested in buying a C6 Corvette later this year so we went to the Corvette World dealership in Houston. Their inventory was limited, they only had two C6's both auto's with mid millage (over 30K), the salesmen showed us other C6's avalable in the Dallas dealership. He was trying to convince us that C6's are loosing value, especially those with manual transmissions which are harder to sell which is why they have very few in stock. He also mentioned the C6 "parts" availability problem fantasy as a push into looking at C7's. According to him (mentioned his 25 years experience with Corvettes about 5 times) values are climbing and that this should be the version we should be considering. I knew that this was nothing more than common salesman BS so I decided to play along and ask for a trade estimate on my car. I made the trip in my LC 500, they said all that was needed for an estimate was the VIN number and millage so I provided both. Interesting that they came back with a trade-in amount of under $45K when their Dallas showroom has a 427 with more miles and less features than my 427, yet they are asking close to $57K which is just a tad less than what I paid for my 427 back in 2018. I know what my 427 is really worth, I have it properly insured by Hagerty and have no plans of selling anytime soon.

Get notified of new replies

To NADA book values on c6 less than half of market value?!

Quick Reply: NADA book values on c6 less than half of market value?!