C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roll cage

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2024, 10:18 PM
Jhare
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roll cage

Been looking for a 10pt roll cage without finding many options...seen rhodes has one for a c5 and other companies offer roll bars...not trying to get one for drifting or road racing type styles...would be nice if most is notched already...I've been a pipe welder for 15 years so I'm more than capable of the install...just not finding many options on google
Old 05-10-2024, 04:13 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,054 Likes on 2,196 Posts

What racing type, and does it need to be class legal certified, like 11.49 for NHRA/SCCA
or are you just looking for a design that you can make up yourself, then have it certified if needed isntead.

Hence if pipe welder, than 6g tig welding in the car should not be a problem, as well as pipe bending as well.

Bottom line, if you are just installing scaffolding in the car for street driving, then need to double think how you are street driving the first place.
If for legal comp use on track or strip, then yes, since it can save your life in a bad enough yard sale crash/ or end up cartwheeling the car down the track if you and seat has neck brace as well, so you don't end up just breaking your neck in the process, and dying from that, before the car does come to rest in the end.

Last edited by Dano523; 05-10-2024 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-10-2024, 05:34 AM
StayinStock
Safety Car

Received 3,393 Likes on 1,651 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Not aware of any prefab 10pt cages for these cars. Your probably going to need to find a fabricator that can do it from scratch. How fast are trying to go?
Old 05-10-2024, 06:21 AM
Jhare
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Dano523
What racing type, and does it need to be class legal certified, like 11.49 for NHRA/SCCA
or are you just looking for a design that you can make up yourself, then have it certified if needed isntead.

Hence if pipe welder, than 6g tig welding in the car should not be a problem, as well as pipe bending as well.

Bottom line, if you are just installing scaffolding in the car for street driving, then need to double think how you are street driving the first place.
If for legal comp use on track or strip, then yes, since it can save our life in a bad enough yard sale crash/ or end up cartwheeling the car down the track if you and seat has neck brace as well, so you don't end up just breaking your neck in the process, and dying from that, before the car does come to rest in the end.
Plan on building a low 6 1/8th mile car...know that cages are not for just looking cool at a red light...wouldn't go through all the work of putting one in if it wasn't necessary for protecting...far as benders goes that's not something I have just laying around...not trying to sound like a smart a.. but I need a cage not want one...seems like we would have some options out there besides custom shops
Old 05-10-2024, 06:43 AM
StayinStock
Safety Car

Received 3,393 Likes on 1,651 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I know the RPM 8pt set up is NHRA certified to 8.50 (1/4), would probably get you buy for what your trying to do.

https://www.rpmrollbar.com/collectio...-coupe-rollbar
Old 05-10-2024, 10:27 PM
Last 1
Burning Brakes

Received 170 Likes on 116 Posts

You’re best bet is LLC Stormin Normin in Avon Indiana
he has a facebook page
he probably does more C6 Corvette cage than anybody
i see your a welder someone on corvette drag racing forum bought one prefab for a C6 I can’t remember the company

Last edited by Last 1; 05-10-2024 at 10:34 PM.
Old 05-11-2024, 07:09 AM
Jhare
6th Gear

Thanks for the info guys
Old 05-11-2024, 07:30 AM
PMPerformance
Burning Brakes

Received 602 Likes on 348 Posts

Check out S&W in PA. They ship, but obviously not going to be cheap.
not sure what they have for corvettes, but they are a pretty big name in the prefab cage game.
Old 05-11-2024, 07:37 AM
Jhare
6th Gear

Originally Posted by PMPerformance
Check out S&W in PA. They ship, but obviously not going to be cheap.
not sure what they have for corvettes, but they are a pretty big name in the prefab cage game.
They have a kit for c5 and below...checked with applied racing technology as well...same deal, just c5...read some guys use the c5 kit but the halo bar isn't tucked as close as you might like...might just get a kit and see how it works out...would have thought that we had more options for cages but it is what it is I guess

Get notified of new replies

To Roll cage

Quick Reply: Roll cage