Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Z06 spot #4 at MSRP Supporting Dealer Available

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 10:36 PM
speedwaylemans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RFC2
I don't know, I think # 5 should get the spot, number 6 should get # 5 and so on....
I agree, how would you feel if you were #6 and someone came along and bought the spot in front of you? Sorry, that stinks.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:42 PM
dizzzzy
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats the difference if I order the car, it comes in and I sell it on ebay?? This way someone gets what he or she wants.. If I don't sell the spot, I will order the car and sell it, so whats you point about being number 5?? The #4 spot is getting filled with a car period.. If I canceled the 4 spot, what makes you think a dealer would not take the spot for himself, and order a car for the showroom floor.. I know alot of dealers who did that when the C6 first came out..
z06z06z06z06
Instructor

dizzy, again i rushed to judgement with my first comment, my appologies. if the z06 was 58 or 59, i'd jump on it, but i imagine alot of other members would too. still, nice of you to offer it up here first.
camille
Racer

I am also surprised that the dealer will allow transfer of the position to another person, regardless of your ability to recover your deposit or even pocket a few extra $$$.

But I am even more surprised that the dealer would honor the "MSRP - $1500" price that you originally negotiated (on the basis of your past purchasing relationship with the dealer).

My personal opinion is that you ought to forfeit your place in line when you decide not to buy the car. The deposit is returned to you, and the next customer in line should advance.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:44 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,150 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by dizzzzy
Look out ebay, it looks like there might be a new listing shortly..
GO FOR IT!!! At least you would have taken delivery of the car. I strongly believe you don't have the right to sell or give away a spot granted to you by a Forum Dealer. You didn't buy the spot. You gave the dealer a Good Faith deposit toward a future purchase. If this is not a supporting dealer, then what you and your dealer agreed to is fine with me.

GOLD72
Old 06-14-2005, 10:46 PM
dizzzzy
Pro

Everyone has a right to think what they want.. Thats what is great having a place like this. Some of you agree with me, and some don't, and I have no problem with that.

I know I will have a Z06, hopefully by the end of july, and will post all I can about it here on the forum!!!

If anyone is near me, feel free to stop in and check it out for yourself, I will probally even give rides!!
Old 06-14-2005, 10:48 PM
z06z06z06z06
Instructor

dizzy, i live in milwaukee and would love a ride... i'l lpay for the gas.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:50 PM
hans moleman
Intermediate

wow...i cant get over all the politics over this guy's offer...if i lived in the states id be all over this offer...

my advice: nice guy finishes last...sell it on ebay and make every penny that you can...seems like no one on here has the brains to take up the offer or they dont wanna go against their "morals"
Old 06-14-2005, 11:04 PM
camille
Racer

Originally Posted by dizzzzy
Whats the difference if I order the car, it comes in and I sell it on ebay?? This way someone gets what he or she wants.. If I don't sell the spot, I will order the car and sell it, so whats you point about being number 5?? The #4 spot is getting filled with a car period.. If I canceled the 4 spot, what makes you think a dealer would not take the spot for himself, and order a car for the showroom floor.. I know alot of dealers who did that when the C6 first came out..
It seems the difference is that you're attempting to negotiate for both yourself and the dealer. Why should/would a dealer allow you to "sell" your spot in line, then continue to expect the dealer to honor the price that was offered to you on the basis of your personal purchase history?

If you want to buy the car, then flip it on ebay, no problemo - good luck! But it ain't the same as selling your place in line and attempting to bind the dealer to a contract that no longer exists.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:10 PM
VolFan615
Yellow C3/C5
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Originally Posted by NocarbutaVetteforme
What is it with people giving someone a hard time who is just trying to give his fellow Corvetteforum brothers/sisters a helping hand in getting a Z06? It's not like he is trying to make a profit or anything. He is just giving someone the opportunity to get a Z06 this year. Give the guy a break and instead of questioning his motives you should be telling him thanks for looking out for us. He could always have just got the refund and then went on his way. It is this kind of attitude that never ceases to amaze me. If he didn't offer it you would be griping about him not thinking of his buddies. I say thanks for giving some the opportunity Dizzy.

It's not like he is making anything on it.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:16 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,150 Likes on 741 Posts

What some of you are just not getting has nothing to do with "morals" and everything to do with having our supporting dealers continue to sell at MSRP or less. If everyone starts to profiteer on waiting list spots, why not the dealers sell at over MSRP and cut themselves in for more profit??? Then they will be just like Bill Turd and LandShark Chevy here in H-Town. We have a good thing going here which will be wrecked if our dealers allow such a practice. BTW - please confirm to us that this supporting dealer is actually going to let you sell the spot.

GOLD72
Old 06-15-2005, 12:36 AM
TicketBait
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GOLD72
What some of you are just not getting has nothing to do with "morals" and everything to do with having our supporting dealers continue to sell at MSRP or less. If everyone starts to profiteer on waiting list spots, why not the dealers sell at over MSRP and cut themselves in for more profit??? Then they will be just like Bill Turd and LandShark Chevy here in H-Town. We have a good thing going here which will be wrecked if our dealers allow such a practice. BTW - please confirm to us that this supporting dealer is actually going to let you sell the spot.

GOLD72
I put a deposit down at one dealership over a year and a half ago and it too was non refundable and i dont think you should be able to amend any thing . A deal is a deal buy all 3 vettes then do what ya want to. JMHO
Old 06-15-2005, 01:28 AM
Kelly100
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by speedwaylemans
I agree, how would you feel if you were #6 and someone came along and bought the spot in front of you? Sorry, that stinks.
I agree and am not sure business can be done this way. WHo ever heard of selling a spot in line like this. THIS STINKS. Go ahead and buy it and sell it on ebay. You buy the car, pay the tax and license, and take the risk of selling it. Big difference. My order goes in on the 16th so this is not sour grapes on my part. How distasteful. You must be a used car salesperson in real life.
Boy, talk about leaving a bad taste in your mouth..... Hey, but really, thanks for the kind and generous offer. What a favor.

I would really like to know the name of this dealer. Also how are you going to guarantee the spot? Are you going to have a statement provided by the dealer?

......well now that I know who the supporting dealer is (and forum sponsor), I am not surprised.

Last edited by Kelly100; 06-15-2005 at 01:48 AM.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:33 AM
PaceThis
Race Director

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Geez guys...you don't like it -- move on. He didn't do anything against forum rules, so there's no need to clutter this space with your bs...

MSRP is going to be a killer price on such an in-demand car...
Old 06-15-2005, 01:37 AM
Kelly100
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Pace this, I respect your stars and all (they are pretty) But we can express our opinions and don't have to move on.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:54 AM
Bad Connie
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

PM sent.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:38 AM
V Vette
Le Mans Master

Received 561 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by PaceThis
Geez guys...you don't like it -- move on. He didn't do anything against forum rules, so there's no need to clutter this space with your bs...

MSRP is going to be a killer price on such an in-demand car...

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 spot #4 at MSRP Supporting Dealer Available

Old 06-15-2005, 10:53 AM
RIC96
Drifting

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by camille
It seems the difference is that you're attempting to negotiate for both yourself and the dealer. Why should/would a dealer allow you to "sell" your spot in line, then continue to expect the dealer to honor the price that was offered to you on the basis of your personal purchase history?

If you want to buy the car, then flip it on ebay, no problemo - good luck! But it ain't the same as selling your place in line and attempting to bind the dealer to a contract that no longer exists.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:01 AM
GN1270
Safety Car

Anyone here could have ponied up and bough that spot and put their $1500 down a year or whatever ago. He has tied up $1500 for a year and he deserves something for it. The list should not all be bumped up, I'll bet 25% of people will be selling their spot for alot more than that. He bought the damn spot for $1500 a looooong time ago. if you don't like it, too bad. If i'm #2 on a list and someone sells the #1 spot, why should I care. I paid for the #2 spot. I'm sure he would have bought all the Z06's he had reserved if the price came in $5k cheaper. Selling spots is done all the time. I thought about it but I didn't want to tie up my money that long.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:10 AM
Scissors
☠☣☢ Semper Ebrius ☢☣☠
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06

Originally Posted by curvesman
Why should anyone else JUMP the line,You would not like it done to you!
Jumping the line involves making those behind you in line wait longer. That's not what's happening here. This is a replacement.

I don't give a crap if I'm waiting in line and someone ahead of me gives up their space to someone else.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 spot #4 at MSRP Supporting Dealer Available