Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] The Blue Devil is a GO...........

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 02:23 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 272 Likes on 234 Posts

Default wow! just this one paragraph can get this forum hot set on fire

Originally Posted by Rick @ Les Stanford
It will be built and will have 650 HP. It will be shown at the Detroit Auto Show this Jan. It looks like a 2008 model. That is ALL of the info. I have at this time but will share any new info with you.
Gets everyone so excited
Lets hope this is true
Old 10-24-2005, 02:24 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Default Will it be higher in demand than the GT-500 coming out?

Originally Posted by bowtie_bias
This car is in demand allready .
Old 10-24-2005, 02:26 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Default Where did you get this info? How credible is it?

Originally Posted by Rick @ Les Stanford
Folks this post is not a Solicitation for business it is just passing on some info. We do have a list already on this car and have not ask for any of the deposits we were ask by the customers to take their deposits. The list has about 15 names on it and the deposit is $5000.00 and the price in relation to MSRP can not be promised. We know that theses cars will be VERY hard to come by.
But thanks for keeping us posted but as you know alot will happen between now and then you never really know what will be until they actually come out with it.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:46 AM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Vettefan
As for the Blue devil, it's a pipe dream and not even a possibility at the moment due to the fact GM reported a net loss of 1.6 BILLION in the third quarter.

I'm calling BS on this. This is so far off in the distance even if it were a possibility.
Oh, How I remember people taking this position long after most of us thought the Z06 was going to be a 427. There were a number of people that had no vision at all. Remember the naysayers even after the first real picture of the 427 label on the engine beauty covers was released?

Perry
Old 10-30-2005, 01:06 AM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

I don't know how many of you recall the board (not forum) post some 4-6 years ago that listed several (actually had a jpg of a GM document) upcoming rpo numbers for GM powertrain.

The LS2 was listed as a 6.2 L V8. The LS7 was listed as a 6.6 L V8 (well nobody can be 100% correct).

The LSS was listed as a V10. And I forget the displacement but recall it was around 7 or 7.4 L.

The LSTT was listed as a V12 at 8.4 L. Most of us active on that list at that time had no trouble agreeing on a guess as to what TT meant.

I will never forget that post although I do forget exactly what Listserve (board) it was on. And it has been uncannily correct so far. I recall that it was sometime soon after the LS1 came out and prior to the LS6 launch. It was posted by a GM engineer and happened well before GM started monitoring these forums.

So the farther out we get from that document it is obvious how things can change but it will be interesting to see how the "blue devil" and other Corvette iterations progresse.

Perry
Old 10-30-2005, 10:40 AM
Tom Steele
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dizzzzy
EXAMPLE.. Les stanford got in a yellow 2006 Z06, that was a ordered car that a customer backed out of.. They put it on the lot, and asked 10K over msrp and sold it right away..

What Makes you think they are not going to ream you on the blue devil, this time they are just telling you ahead of time..
While I don't disagree with all of your post, the quoted portion above is completely illogical and misleading.

If you were on the list for a Z06, you got exactly what you were promised - a car at MSRP. If you dropped off the list, and they got your car in and sold it for $10k over sticker, you were in no way "reamed."

So when you say "this time they are just telling you ahead of time" in implies that they were reaming people before but NOT telling them.

That couldn't be further from the truth.

They did what they promised and didn't ream anyone. The person buying the $10k over sticker car wasn't reamed, because he didn't have to buy the car if he didn't want to, or he could have planned ahead and gotten on the list and paid MSRP...

Finally, since they ARE telling you the complete terms now, they aren't reaming you if you get on the list either. Personally, I wouldn't tie up that much money ahead of time, but there are people who want this car and it IS going to be limited edition and it might be worth it to them.

Old 10-30-2005, 10:41 AM
darrylvandorn
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since Chevrolet went back in history to come up Z06, I think they would go back and reinstate Corvette SS or SS Corvette. I tried to start a fire in another thread so I will start it here with a Corvette SS concept.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:58 PM
1Day
Drifting

Originally Posted by darrylvandorn
Since Chevrolet went back in history to come up Z06, I think they would go back and reinstate Corvette SS or SS Corvette. I tried to start a fire in another thread so I will start it here with a Corvette SS concept.
not feeling those ugly lights but everything else seems just perfect

I want this bad boy and also want it under 100k...now listen up GM make it in the 85-90k region please..and I will work my a$$ off for it in the next 2 years..
Old 10-31-2005, 04:42 PM
Falcon05Dad
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

For what it's worth.....

Last Friday and Saturday, our club toured the plant in BG and the Museum. Blue Devil came up in our "behind the scenes" Museum tour. We were told that a few "very restricted" areas in the plant most likely house the car and a few supercharged engines for testing. It was said a towmotor driver pulling a cart with covered cargo in it, pointed at the cart and said to a fellow worker, "640 horses in these".

The Museum folks believe it's a real car. How soon it will be available, they don't know.

Greg
Old 10-31-2005, 05:14 PM
charltom
Racer

Originally Posted by DDSLT5
Today anything approaching literacy is "uncool", and only for those who are '****'. Heaven forbid we take the time to properly express ourselves - I guess the logical conclusion of this ignorant attitude will be the 'great unwashed' grunting at each other and smelling their crotches.
I'm sure they'll be able to satisfy themselves with splitting an infinitive from time to time!
Old 11-01-2005, 11:26 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vegasdude
With letting the cat out of the bag this early, what is Ford and Dodge going to do to compete?

Ford has room for a much larger engine in the GT I forgot if it was a V-10 or V12. Viper is already big just needs a hop up.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:10 AM
sundevilfan
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kewlbrz
Blue Devils btw, were French special forces in WW2 that wore blue berets.
Say it isn't so! A frog connection to the Blue Devil!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,675 Likes on 8,313 Posts

I am told that the name "Blue Devil" was a Dave Hill tribute to his boss, GM CEO Rick Wagoner, Duke University Class of '75 (same as me). Duke Blue Devils tend to be college basketball zealots, as Rick and I both are.........we've discussed it in the past.

I last saw him at the 2000 Detroit Auto Show, when my company was co-sponsoring the event.........our topic was basketball.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:48 PM
bernrex
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time for you two to cross paths again at the BB Court. This time bring up another topic dear to our hearts
Old 11-02-2005, 02:20 PM
MechEng
Advanced

My money is on Stingray. I do like SS as it embodies a lot of Chevrolets history but in the last couple years they've not done the badge justice. Regardless, the name Stingray is instantly synonymous with Corvettes regardless if you know cars or not and something like that is invaluable.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Ross Racing
Instructor

I vote for Stingrey. It represents Corvette
Old 11-02-2005, 03:22 PM
1Day
Drifting

Originally Posted by MechEng
My money is on Stingray. I do like SS as it embodies a lot of Chevrolets history but in the last couple years they've not done the badge justice. Regardless, the name Stingray is instantly synonymous with Corvettes regardless if you know cars or not and something like that is invaluable.

I think stingray would be cool...considering a lot of car companies are trying to revive the past..with a bang...especially considering lamborghini is trying to come out with Miura to challenge Enzo and its successor..along with some old lambo names like espada i believe..then you have the mustang GT500, then ferrari is also thinking of bringing back Dino..

good stuff...I cant wait to actually see this car and mark it as my next car target...well if GM keeps doing this then I will never get to be a millionair soon...all my money will go in cars

Get notified of new replies

To The Blue Devil is a GO...........

Old 11-02-2005, 03:45 PM
bb62
Safety Car

Received 373 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by sundevilfan
Say it isn't so! A frog connection to the Blue Devil!
Perhaps you should consider that the word "corvette" is a French word for a warship smaller than a destroyer (in a modern navy) or a frigate (in the days of sail).

You should also consider that the word Chevrolet is itself a French name given by Louis Chevrolet who came from the French speaking part of Switzerland.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Mobile Man
Instructor

This is all so amusing.
I am just as excited about the latest and greatest here as anyone (although unfortunately I don't currently have the funds required). However, the fact remains that no more than 5-10% of Corvette owners (and I am being VERY generous) will ever track their cars in any venue. The C5 Z06 is still one of the most potent daily-drivable sports cars around...and is available at less than nose-bleed prices. Do people not still desire Ferrari 355s or Porsche 993s even when they are not the latest and greatest?? In fact, I would suspect that a lot of the C6 Z06 snobs posting here would still get their butts handed to them if they raced against the likes of Ranger in his C5 Z06.

They are ALL fun...and fast!! Put away the measuring tape...yours is big enough!!
Old 11-02-2005, 04:41 PM
sundevilfan
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bb62
Perhaps you should consider that the word "corvette" is a French word for a warship smaller than a destroyer (in a modern navy) or a frigate (in the days of sail).

You should also consider that the word Chevrolet is itself a French name given by Louis Chevrolet who came from the French speaking part of Switzerland.
How right you are! Maybe instead of agonizing I should rejoice and celebrate the Corvette-French connection. I think I will. I will start by not bathing at all next week!

Quick Reply: [Z06] The Blue Devil is a GO...........