Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Wheel Sesor Traning

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 07:15 PM
Bristol
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wheel Sesor Traning

In the March issue of "Corvette Enthusiast" on page 42 is an article on adjusting the wheel sesors. It is quite complete and has an adjusting tool from GM (GM tool J41760). Has anybody used it and gotten a good price for it???? It looks like a screw driver with a magnet on it.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:03 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bristol

In the March issue of "Corvette Enthusiast" on page 42 is an article on adjusting the wheel sesors. It is quite complete and has an adjusting tool from GM (GM tool J41760). Has anybody used it and gotten a good price for it???? It looks like a screw driver with a magnet on it.
Assuming you are talking about the C6Z, the reset tool looks like a remote control for a garage door. It puts out a low power rf signal that tells the TPS to send out an ID string so that the car's receiver can record it for the particular wheel in sequence. It can be had for around $300.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:17 PM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

This is the $300 Bartec tire pressure sensor tool. I've had mine for about a year.

http://www.bartecusa.com/tpmstools/dbl.html
Old 06-26-2006, 09:29 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by Bristol

The tool you're referencing above is a magnet - it worked on the C5, but not the C6. The official GM Tire Pressure Monitor Tool is the J-46079, but the OTC 3833, the Bartec tool, or a tool sold by T.I.P.S. or KTI Tools also work.

I've got the one you see in the following link. It looks exactly like the official GM tool and the OTC 3833 and although it says Isuzu on it, it works great with the C6 (base and Z06):

Tire Pressure Sensor and Tire Pressure Monitor Tool Info

Bob
Old 06-26-2006, 11:40 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by Another Yellow
This is the $300 Bartec tire pressure sensor tool. I've had mine for about a year.

http://www.bartecusa.com/tpmstools/dbl.html
Another Yellow

I assume your tool works equally as well with both the C6 and the C6 Z06 - can you confirm that for me?

I've tested the tools I have on my '05 C6, and I have passed one on to a Z06 owner who indicated that it worked just as well on his Z06.

Do you know if the C6 and the Z06 use the exact same sensors? I'm assuming that they are the same.

Is the process to register the sensors the same on both cars?

TIA,
Bob

Get notified of new replies

To Wheel Sesor Traning

Quick Reply: [Z06] Wheel Sesor Traning