Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Need Assistance--Car Will Not Start

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 05:52 PM
alfordvette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Assistance--Car Will Not Start

I loaded 2006 Z06 in enclosed trailer to get ready to go to track days at Barber Motor Sports Park this Friday and Saturday. Got out of car by crawling out the rear hatch. Needed to move car to a better position to tie it down. Crawled back in through rear hatch, started car and moved it. I needed to move car again, crawled in and the car would not start. Battery seems okay-lights and everything else are working fine-no problems starting before. I tried both fobs and accessing car through driver's door-still it would not start.

Anyone have any idea what problem may be and solution.

Thanks
Old 03-07-2007, 06:38 PM
jfreez
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by alfordvette
I loaded 2006 Z06 in enclosed trailer to get ready to go to track days at Barber Motor Sports Park this Friday and Saturday. Got out of car by crawling out the rear hatch. Needed to move car to a better position to tie it down. Crawled back in through rear hatch, started car and moved it. I needed to move car again, crawled in and the car would not start. Battery seems okay-lights and everything else are working fine-no problems starting before. I tried both fobs and accessing car through driver's door-still it would not start.

Anyone have any idea what problem may be and solution.

Thanks

There seems to be some interaction with the powering off and the opening/closing of the door, Try to hold the bottom of the start button untill accessory power comes on, then again untill it goes off. Then try to start it.
I dont have any evidence this will work, but it is the first thing I would do to try to cycle the power to the computer.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:29 PM
vetteship
Safety Car

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

Sounds like the computer did not recognize the FOB the second time. open/close using the FOB (again), then with the FOB in hand try to push the start botton. Good luck

Get notified of new replies

To Need Assistance--Car Will Not Start

Quick Reply: [Z06] Need Assistance--Car Will Not Start