Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] UPDATE #23...Tons Of Pictures. We Are Just A Few Weeks Away From Ignition. PICS!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 10:06 AM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Received 599 Likes on 178 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12-'13

Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 12:20 PM
ReddyZ06
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Short-Throw

Mike
Looks like the Fred Flintstone option. You just put your feet down to the ground and run as fast as you can.

Mike
Old 06-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Deleted 07.13.2020
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have exactly the same Brembos, and when i brake my eyes are popping out.

Are you using the Dynotech differential? and what gear?

Dimitri
Old 06-21-2007, 06:39 PM
Korzym
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ReddyZ06
Looks like the Fred Flintstone option. You just put your feet down to the ground and run as fast as you can.

Mike
LOL
Old 06-21-2007, 07:39 PM
kentz06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like we have to closely watch what Mike posts:

Quote:
Based on other brands of cars and C5 models that the shop has built and the weights those cars have lost, we only have a guesstimate right now.
I am hopeful we will be below the 'public' stated race weight/power ratio of the C6-R. Time will tell the truth shortly. I will post the corner balancing when known.
I love how the light cars at the track just fly around the turns. I hope to be a part of that.
Mike

Pretty coy reply. This car is going to fly and need cinder blocks and an anchor so GT1's can keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentz06
Mike,
Now you sound like a CFO trying to deliver a profit forecast to the Wall Street analysts! The estimate must be close so you fulfill your fiduciary responsibilities, but ALWAYS underestimate!
So what the heck do you do for a living anyway? Surprise, Fund Manager!
Dean

Dean,
The car will weigh in at under 3200 lbs!
Mike

I really do not know yet. A lot of the BMWs M3s they have done have come in between 2700-2800 lbs. I am hoping to be lighter.
Thanks guys!
I don't think he is really a "Fund Manager". He is sounding more like a seasoned politician!

Mike for President!
A Corvette in every garage and $1.50 per gallon for 95 octane gas!

Dean
Old 06-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TeddyFreddy
Looking great, congratulations!

But there is one thing I would do being in your shoes:
Holinger sequential

I have actually mentioned this in many of the previous posts!

My sequential transmission was ordered 5 months ago. This was one of the things that was holding up the project.

We will tune the car with the stock tranny and then make the swap when it arrives, hopefully shortly.

Mike
Old 06-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ReddyZ06

Mike
Mike,

Actually that's the speed I plan to run this thing at first. Plus it will cool me off on those hot days!
Old 06-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by C6Racer
I have exactly the same Brembos, and when i brake my eyes are popping out.

Are you using the Dynotech differential? and what gear?

Dimitri
Dimitri,

Great talking with you yesterday!

I can't wait to show people the Brembo GTRs. They will definitely wake some passengers up!

My diff was rebuilt by the shop and will be used only initially when I'm learning the car, and when the sequential needs service.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Looks like we have to closely watch what Mike posts:

Quote:
Based on other brands of cars and C5 models that the shop has built and the weights those cars have lost, we only have a guesstimate right now.
I am hopeful we will be below the 'public' stated race weight/power ratio of the C6-R. Time will tell the truth shortly. I will post the corner balancing when known.
I love how the light cars at the track just fly around the turns. I hope to be a part of that.
Mike

Pretty coy reply. This car is going to fly and need cinder blocks and an anchor so GT1's can keep up.

Quote:
Mike,
Now you sound like a CFO trying to deliver a profit forecast to the Wall Street analysts! The estimate must be close so you fulfill your fiduciary responsibilities, but ALWAYS underestimate!
So what the heck do you do for a living anyway? Surprise, Fund Manager!
Dean

Dean,
The car will weigh in at under 3200 lbs!
Mike

I don't think he is really a "Fund Manager". He is sounding more like a seasoned politician!

Mike for President!
A Corvette in every garage and $1.50 per gallon for 95 octane gas!

Dean

Love all the colors.

Dean,

You need to take this routine on tour, you are a very funny man!

It would be silly to post a weight when it really will be nothing more than an educated guess. We shed a lot of weight but added some back in for safety reasons. Also the passenger seat and brackets will cost me pounds but I'm okay with that trade-off as I plan to drive many friends and students. I plan to be in the right seat quite a bit as a student myself!

Mike
Old 06-21-2007, 08:55 PM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love all the colors.

Dean,

You need to take this routine on tour, you are a very funny man!

It would be silly to post a weight when it really will be nothing more than an educated guess. We shed a lot of weight but added some back in for safety reasons. Also the passenger seat and brackets will cost me pounds but I'm okay with that trade-off as I plan to drive many friends and students. I plan to be in the right seat quite a bit as a student myself!

Mike
Sounds like another contest.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:16 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 725 Likes on 505 Posts

is the exhaust going to just "dump" under the car as shown??? Not the best option for aero.....but I have been through the packaging issues first hand.

If this car is Carbon bodied, ie acp stuff, it should weigh under 2800lbs empty easily. My last car was around 2600lbs empty, but I didn't run a dry sump.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
is the exhaust going to just "dump" under the car as shown??? Not the best option for aero.....but I have been through the packaging issues first hand.

If this car is Carbon bodied, ie acp stuff, it should weigh under 2800lbs empty easily. My last car was around 2600lbs empty, but I didn't run a dry sump.
David,

The body is completely CF, headlight insets and all, but not ACP.

Did you run a car that dumped underneath? I'd love to hear your experience!

As far as the exhaust, nothing is written in stone yet. Noise restrictions at my track is one consideration. We are going to play with a few things in the rear as well.

Mike
Old 06-21-2007, 09:33 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 725 Likes on 505 Posts

I ran the exhaust through the passenger floorboard area in my last 2 race cars, but that eliminates the option of EVER carrying a passenger. You really don't want to dump hot, pressurized gasses under the car if you can help it, but your only other option is to run pipes out the back (a la OEM). With tanks in the OEM location, there isn't room to run pipes in front of the rear axles....as early C5 racers did when running a center-mounted fuel cell.

Assuming you can afford to lose a tiny bit of power, I would probably consider running the largest pipes you can run in an OEM, over the axle configuration.. You'll have plenty of time to investigate different options in the future.

OK, so who did the body??? ACP did theirs from the original GM molds before the Z06 was released. Who has made copies? If you're like me, you've found the ACP quality to be a bit "raw" if you want the car to look good up close.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
I ran the exhaust through the passenger floorboard area in my last 2 race cars, but that eliminates the option of EVER carrying a passenger. You really don't want to dump hot, pressurized gasses under the car if you can help it, but your only other option is to run pipes out the back (a la OEM). With tanks in the OEM location, there isn't room to run pipes in front of the rear axles....as early C5 racers did when running a center-mounted fuel cell.

Assuming you can afford to lose a tiny bit of power, I would probably consider running the largest pipes you can run in an OEM, over the axle configuration.. You'll have plenty of time to investigate different options in the future.
You nailed the passenger aspect! As strange as it sounds, the passenger seat will be used quite often, mostly by me early on with instructors. As soon as we realized this, the exhaust saga started. We may also play with a rear diffuser at some point so my options are limited momentarily.

BTW....Donation made on http://www.davidfarmerstuff.com/

PM sent!

Quick Reply: [Z06] UPDATE #23...Tons Of Pictures. We Are Just A Few Weeks Away From Ignition. PICS!!