Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken
View Poll Results: Black or Chrome?
Black! Oh SNAP!
37.01%
Chrome! Leave it alone!
62.99%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

[Z06] Need a second opinion on painting the wheels on my RFZ!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 12:14 PM
BLU-BY-U
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jacob
Here is an alternative treatment, which is factory competition grey with a machined lip:

Hope this helps.

Jacob

wow, that looks awesome. Thats almost exactly what I'm thinking about doing with my machine silver C6Z, but my problem is, I'm starting with the "standard" silver painted factory rims.....and I want to do powder coated black with either a machine or polished lip. Is it possible to machine the lip on a standard wheel?

my other thought was, if machining or polishing a standard rim isn't possible, could the lip be powder coated maybe a color like silver and the rest of the rim powdercoated semi-glass black? I just want something to "break up" the blackness of a black tire right against a black rim. Me thinks that would look killer against a machine silver car
Old 01-29-2008, 02:40 PM
kenmack
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EXACTLY!!!! Nuff Said

Originally Posted by DouglasWc5
Do what you want with it, it's your car...plus the more you guys mess with the original the better it is for the guys like me that keep it original. How many rodded out '53's are worth more than an original. I know I'll get some flames here but if I wanted to 'rod a car' it would be a Judge (still gm) or a 427 Chevelle. Vette's are to be original, so mod it out and save the value for me:
Couldn't agree more!!
Old 01-29-2008, 02:52 PM
kevettez06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kenmack
Couldn't agree more!!
And thats why you belong in the stands and not behind the wheel! Let the real men play with thier big boy toys... but while you're up there, can i get a soda and some cotton candy?
Old 01-29-2008, 04:49 PM
kenmack
Pro

Default Lottsa Colours

Hey Why black ? White? Comp. Silver Grey???

There are thousands of colours, keep looking till you find something really different!!!!!! That you like!!

For me black wheels belong on the ricers. They take what might have been a good looking car (wheels DO make the car)and turn it into something pretty boring.
Hey just my opinion right? GOOD LUCK!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:28 PM
OneSickZ06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by tjwong
Black Chrome !
+1000

Quick Reply: [Z06] Need a second opinion on painting the wheels on my RFZ!