Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Zr-1

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 12:58 PM
red vette nut
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zr-1

I put money down at my dealership in Aug. 2006 for the ZR-1 or the Blue Devil as it was called at the time.
Our agreement was that it would not cost more than $10,000 over MSRP.
In other threads, I see many people buying at MSRP.
What do you think of the price I was given?
Old 01-29-2008, 01:25 PM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

IMO, 10K over MSRP is going to be a very good deal for the first year of production. I think there are plenty of well heeled buyers out there ready/able to purchase the ZR1 and will. 2000 units is a small number. Once the 2nd year of production is moving, prices will probably settle to MSRP or maybe under.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Wanderer Z06
Melting Slicks

I don't think that you'll see many going for MSRP unless it is someone who is a personal friend of a dealer or someone who has given them a lot of business.

I'm 2nd on the list at my dealer and I agreeded to 5k over MSRP ( signed and notorized ) and about 2 weeks after I signed my sales person called me and told me I was lucky that the are now taking deposits and asking 10k over. BTW this is a good dealer who I've been doing business with for a while and this is the VERY FIRST TIME they have ever asked over MSRP for a car...ever. They sold all their 06 Z06's for MSRP when other dealers were getting way over.

So I think if you get yours at 10k over you should be happy because I see them going for a lot more than that for at least the first year. JMO

Good luck

Old 01-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Michrider
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The big question will be if they have allocation, and are you towards the top of that list. If they can get some of the early allocation, not a bad deal. If you wind up waiting half a year after the first ones hit the streets, not a good deal.

2000 production and how many thousand Chevy dealers? .... that math sounds like many dealers not seeing hardly any for anytime soon. Many of these "MSRP" deals may fall by the wayside when the allocations become known. The "More Money Than Brains" crowd will come out of the woodwork and offer piles of money to buy up the early ones. Then you'll have all these MSRP or a little over deals sitting there forever waiting for allocation that isn't coming.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:12 PM
red vette nut
Instructor

Thanks for the responses.
The dealership sells quite a few corvettes and might get 2 ZR-1's.
More than likely they will at least get one.
I am the number 1 on the deposit for the car.
I'm going to the Chicago auto show next week to see it.
I'm not so sure of the polycarbonate section of the hood.
I was hoping GM would have made a 1967 427 type hood.
Oh well, it still sounds like a great car.
I presently have a 2006 ZO-6 which I think is great!

Get notified of new replies

To Zr-1

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Zr-1