Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] want to buy zr1 fenders for my c6

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 10:27 PM
excessive81
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i to will be adding zr1 front fenders.... watching acs site very close and as soon as can get them i will. they look sweet as hell....been waiting for two years to get them. wont be doing ne othe zr1 stuff(rockers ect) so wont be coping the zr1 that not the intent...except the sways which are on the way lol. i want a one off that you cant buy...... i have 950 rwhp and same size wheels and tires so bring on the zr1 copy bashing....
zr1 is awesome car but i not gonna sell mine to get the fenders i want lol

Last edited by excessive81; 03-05-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:06 AM
redknight
Racer

Originally Posted by GN1270
Not to ruffle your feathers but it would seem you buy a car for attention and want to stand out from others. I can see buying a Viper because you like the looks (I owned an 06) but I alo buy for performance and price first. I can care less if every car on the road was a ZR1. I buy my cars for the driving experience, not how many other people have one. Really mean no offense, I understand.
It is surprising that on any "higher end" performance car enthusiast website there actually seems to be more people who own the car for the attention than the driving experience.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:40 AM
SSphantom
Instructor

There are two reasons for changing the fenders.

1) Looks
2) Performance

I agree that putting badges on a is stupid. Don't call it a Z06 when it's not one. But C6 guys don't really have choice when they want to put more rubber on the road.

Z06's enjoy the advantage of using the largest tire they can find. C6's have no other choice but to change the fenders if they want to go 345.

There are Z06's that have converted to automatics for drag racing or whatever and targa conversions. Z06's do the same thing to get what they want.

All other supercars like Ferrari, Lambo, Audi, Porsche, etc. have the choice of verts and automatics, but GM hasn't done that yet with the Z06 and ZR1, but they really need to.

There are plenty of people there with money that would buy the Z06 if it was an automatic. Most guys would even stretch to get the Z06 even it is was out of their price range.

GM - just do it. Make them into automatics and watch sales sky rocket.
Old 05-15-2016, 03:23 AM
Brion11
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Has anyone of you guys buy the carbon fiber zr1 front fenders and put them on a black c6 corvette. Any pics

Quick Reply: [ZR1] want to buy zr1 fenders for my c6