Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Entered my Zr1 in a local car show

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Xwet
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nite Riderrr
For all you guys that live near plano texas with nice car watch out. There's a local car show called Monthly Musclecar that have the weirds judges. Tell me if I am over reacting or was their decision correct1! My car finished 2nd in it"s class getting beat out by a normal C6 corvette. What the **** is going on at Monthly Musclecar shows. Is it the 2 judges that go around or does a normal C6 look better? Everyone has their own option but .............! After the awards were given out several people told me I got screwed by the people hosting the SHOW!!!! I would like to know what ya"ll think about this lil matter. Hey, i could just be over reacting but i don't think so.
I was told that sometime that particular car show give 1st place to new comers. Hoping that will encourage them to run to get SCREWED like Me.
Sour grapes
Old 01-30-2012, 03:39 PM
El Lobo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In order to be fair The Sushine Corvette Club in Dade County Florida does not let its members compete in their show. The competition is for non-members and all participants are encouraged to pick the cars from our club for our own trophies. Kind of like a show within a show. We break down the classes by model yrs and within those we have Modified, Stock, and Wash & show. We give a cash prize for the club with the most participants, Who drove the furthest to the show, and Dealers Choice award as it's sponsered by The Grand Prixe Chevrolet Dealership.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:11 PM
rocknroller
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've entered many shows, and won my share of awards, but I never enter with the expectation of winning. In fact, I only enter shows to have a closer place to park in order to view the rest of the field and hang out with folks that have similar interests as mine. Most of the time I'm not even around my car when it is judged.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

You guys are responding to a 2 year old plus thread.....why? oh and IBTL.....
Old 01-30-2012, 04:27 PM
rocknroller
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago1
You guys are responding to a 2 year old plus thread.....why? oh and IBTL.....
To make you ask questions.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:48 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Nite Riderrr
haha!!!!!! I just wanted to get some input.
I'm not really a show guy, never have been, but I surely got a laugh out of your signature; specifically the "1992 Chevy Cavalier" at the end. Just had to throw that one in there didn't ya!

Congrats on a killer stable. I look forward to the day mine is similar.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:59 PM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by rocknroller

I never enter with the expectation of winning. In fact, I only enter shows to have a closer place to park in order to view the rest of the field and hang out with folks that have similar interests as mine. Most of the time I'm not even around my car when it is judged.

I enjoy shows to look at other rides and chat with the owners. I really could care less about an award.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:32 PM
mjcourt
Pro

Received 118 Likes on 73 Posts

I’ve been to couple small local car shows and the Corvettes there looked completely stock. I thought it might be fun to go hangout and enter my newer stock car and make some new friends. I didn’t realize that this might be considered gauche with some real car show people.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by El Lobo
In order to be fair The Sushine Corvette Club in Dade County Florida does not let its members compete in their show. The competition is for non-members and all participants are encouraged to pick the cars from our club for our own trophies. Kind of like a show within a show. We break down the classes by model yrs and within those we have Modified, Stock, and Wash & show. We give a cash prize for the club with the most participants, Who drove the furthest to the show, and Dealers Choice award as it's sponsered by The Grand Prixe Chevrolet Dealership.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...s-or-more.html

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Entered my Zr1 in a local car show